“Great value and close to Disney”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #101 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The rooms were clean and big.The property is well maintained and the pool was clean. No elevator so don't take the 2nd floor if you have a lot of bags.They have a tiki bar if you want to get a few drinks near the pool. You can't beat the value!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Chris T: Thank you for being our guest! We are happy you had a nice time and we hope to see you again very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,591)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked through Priceline, not knowing the hotel until it was paid and nothing could be changed. I immediately looked up the reviews and became very concerned because of the numerous negative reviews.

I brought Lysol, our own sheets and towels because I was so concerned.

Once we arrived, my concerns were proven unnecessary. The room was clean and comfortable. We used the pool, the miniature golf course, the Breakfast buffet.

Things I would like to see changed: 1) retractable laundry line in the bathroom would be very helpful for wet clothes and towels. 2) Wall hooks in the bathroom area would be helpful. Ice machines in each building would be nice.

The breakfast buffet was not bad. They added 15% gratuity to our check (there were only 4 of us). Coffee, Tea (hot out iced) and water were included in the $7.95 price. The kids ate free. Served from 7am - 11am.

The pool was nice. There were three. The one by the main office was heated. We used the one by our room. It was large and the kids enjoyed it! There were plenty of chairs. There was a bin of folded pool towels for our use. There was also a kiddie pool. Very nice.

Putt Putt was okay. My husband and son played. They mentioned there were ants in the holes. We used the Bonanza Golf place right next to the hotel the last day. $3.99 special with the flyer from the hotel.

Overall it was a very comfortable stay. I was surprised by the $10/day mandatory resort fee and would have preferred not to pay that, but all in all it was still a good place to make "home base" for our long Florida weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Rjdiesch
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Rjdiesch: Thank you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. We take your comments seriously and always look for ways to improve our guest experience. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I got disturbed at 11pm to "check a leak". Guy walks in stares at me and walked out!
THE NEXT MORNING THE STAFF WALKS INTO MY ROOM AT 8AM WHILE WE ARE SLEEPING!!!
He was completely rude to me and my fiance and even used foul language and threatened him!!
We had a dirty towel in our room and when the upstairs used there toilet our toilet made noise keeping us up.
The walls are so thin you can hear your neighbor having sex!!
The curtains dont close all the way so EVERYONE can see into your room as you walk in,
WIFI had to plug so we didnt have any.
Not to mention the managed was a complete jerk.
The room next to mine had CRIME SCENE TAPE AND BLOODY FOOTPRINTS RUNNING DOWN THE HALL!!!!!!!! CRIME SCENE TAPE!
They didnt even pick up the blood. The lock on my door was falling off. The sofa smelled moldy and my shower head barley worked. I asked for no room service to come in after disney and find my bed made and ALL MY BELONGINGS TOUCHED AND MOVED!
2 nights of pure HELL.
Actually hell might just be more pleasant then this place.
It was me and 2 other couples. There stay was just as bad if not worse!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WhoaaitsMe

Dear WhoaaitsMe: This review was made by an individual who was asked by the hotel to leave property due to their behavior and local law enforcement was notified. We ask other guests to please disregard this review and it's false accusations.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was asked to leave the Maingate Lakeside Resort in Kissimmee, Florida 34747 because I had a concealed gun INSIDE, locked up in my hotel provided safe. So for practicing my 2nd amendment rights safely and legally, I was penalized and asked to leave. Though the hotel notified authorities, no action was taken as I was in my rights. This hotel at the present moment has NO sign posted against ccw (not that signs hold true legal value in the state of Florida) as the manager himself stated he had no signs. I am a ccw instructor also a Military police officer and I know I am within my rights to simply have my gun with me. No gun was brandished nor was there in anyway someone's safety in jeopardy to produce such a emotional and strong reaction. to top this all off, twice staff barged into my room without permission. This was anti-American, unconstitutional, a civil rights violations! The manager of this facility himself was the individual I dealt with. Lets share this and avoid business with this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank chuck2124
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear chuck2124: As our local law enforcement explained to us - when you disclosed that you had a weapon on property, it was no longer "concealed". The manner in which you disclosed it was what prompted the hotel management to contact local law enforcement. The hotel is private property and has the full right to allow or not allow certain items within our facility and on our property. We do not allow weapons of any kind on property, unless you are a law enforcement officer that has jurisdiction in our area. It was your actions that prompted management to kindly ask you to leave the property. We ask other guests reading this review to understand the hotel takes guest safety very seriously and we do not allow weapons of any kind on our property. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks, found everything to be clean, staff were friendly and my children really enjoyed the pool. I have read some bad reviews on here and don't know what people expect for the price!! My room was clean and so was the pool. We enjoyed it here and sat round the pool quite a bit, it was nice and quiet and nice to chill away from the busy parks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Hayleycham
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Hayleycham: Thank you for being our guest and for your review! We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have Annual Passes to Disney World and make weekend trips. We stay at the Maingate Lakeside Resort because it is VERY clean and affordable. The Resort is located minutes from all of the Disney attractions on 192 West and there are numerous family dining options are within walking distance. All the Staff is very professional and I would recommend this Resort to anyone traveling to Disney on Vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Arthur M
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Arthur M: Thank you so much for your review and for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews! We had no problems, it was very clean and comfortable! The only thing I would say is that you can hear everything going on outside of your room or in rooms next door which can be a little annoying when you're trying to sleep. But we had no problems checking in or out and we had no problems with the door locking. The staff wasn't slow and it wasn't dirty (at least my room wasn't; we stayed in a 2 double bed room). I didn't get to check out anything really because we were not at the resort for that long but it looks really nice and fun! Also, I loved the food area because they have a really big variety of food!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Kate123992: Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review! We appreciate your comments and valued feedback! We hope to see you again very soon!