“extremely good value!”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #102 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We are a family of 3 and we have stayed at this hotel for the past 7 years and we are returning. ?Later this year additionally other family members have joined us on more than one occasion. The location is excellent for the disney parks,all the other parks and is near to several restaurant within walking distance. The hotel has 3 lovely pools and kids pool's. The cleaning staff are extremely helpful so are the reception staff. This is a budget hotel,thus people should not expect the hilton! its a very warm family friendly hotel. Like many other hotels in the area. It may be in need of updating its a shame it gets so many negative reviews when its such a lovely hotel and we are looking forward to our next visit! thank you Maingate

Room Tip: would recommend pool view room (pelican area)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul_WJ2581VW
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Paul_WJ2581VW: Thank you for staying with us; it was our pleasure! We appreciate your taking time to review your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us! Have a great week!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,610)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Go elsewhere until they renovate this place. The tv was old the phone was old, beds are not queens, the paint above the shower was peeling and bubbling, the bathroom door did not stay shut, the ac will not maintain it's set temp. The area does appear safe maybe a security guard can help? I dint half much contact with staff but at check in they seemed nice. This could be a nice place if the place was updated but until then just go elsewhere.

1  Thank Kevco2001
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Kevco2001: Thank you for taking time to share your feedback as it is very important to us. We want to assure guests that we provide a clean and well-maintained resort. We are looking into upgrades as we speak and are continuously making daily improvements. We apologize for any dissatisfaction and we thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff. We do hope you may stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I decided to take our 4 year old daughter to Disney for 4 days. We booked this resort since it was very close and the photos we ok. We checked in and we got the room, went to call for more pillows. Well, the phone in our did not work. No big deal we just called the front desk. Yet, the next day a member of housekeeping left our room open because the deadbolt was on. This was not a very good feeling after a long day at the park. I understand for the price this is what you get. Next time I will stay at a Disney Resort like we did in the past for piece of mind.

1  Thank ParkHopperrs

Dear ParkHoppers: Thank you for being our guest and for your valued feedback. Your comments are very important to us. Lock issues are very important and serious to us and we will certainly review with housekeeping. Thank you for your review and we hope you may stay with us again in the future to give us a second chance.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

After a long trip to orlando we finally came to our hotel smack dab in the . Of Kissimmee fl. We were greeted by the amazing staff there was a new girl Jennifer was so bubbly and so happy to be at work. She made our vaction extra "relaxing" by telling us a good place to watch magic kingdoms fireworks over at the contempory resort. The rooms were well kept and the lobby was so welcoming.we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear trvlbuddie: Thank you so much for being our guest and staying with us; it was our pleasure! We appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had an interesting experience while i was here. I brought my two dogs and 2 young kids with me. We booked through priceline. They have designated pet rooms that are by their little doggy park. We went to our room and it was okay inside. The outside seemed a bit ghetto. It was dirty, by a big garbage dump, run down, etc. Good price so I did not expect much. We noticed young kids (like 19 or 20 year-olds) hanging out by our room smoking cigarettes. Hmmmm. We went to the doggy park to let the dogs run and do their business. It was very small and completely run down. Fence was broken up so if you have a small dog they could get out. But again I wasn't going to complain too much considering the price, take it as a loss. Got back to the room the kids next to us were blaring music. They had their truck parked outside their room with the doors opened blasting music with no one inside the car. Could not believe it. That was it for me. My kids, my dogs, my family was not going to stay here. We will pay more if we have to. Went to the front desk, had the same older man that I had at check in who was not very friendly but not rude either. We told him the situation. He was not overly concerned but accepted our request to be put in another room. He told us that since we have pets it would be in the same area. I even said I would pay a little extra for a better room. A young lady who worked at the front desk over heard and got security to check the room next to us. Then the manager came out and the young lady quickly updated him. He was very attentive and quickly began to take care of things. He told them to have security go over there and asked us what the truck looked like. He directed the older man to put us in another room and the older man told him that we had a pet so... the manager demanded, "I don't care, put them in another room that is more comfortable." The manager immediately took care of everything. We took everything from our room into another room in a much nicer area of the resort. We left a couple things by accident, called the front desk and they delivered what we left to our new room. Good night's rest. When we went to breakfast, we were greeted good morning by the young lady at the front desk, she asked how we were. Breakfast was good, inexpensive yet full breakfast buffet and kids eat free. What started out as a bad situation was made into an extremely good situation simply because the manager cared. Excellent customer service. I wish other places would understand customer service. Now, yeah the place is certainly not what I would call a resort. They have some fixtures to make. Especially, that dog park and that general area. Our new room was better, newer but the bathroom was kinda dirty. The wall vent in the bathroom was full of dust for example. But the rates are cheap and the room was comfortable. For the money, it is what it is. Certainly not bad. Depends on how picky you are. But the customer service, EXCELLENT. I would stay here again because of the manager. I can't speak about the service of all the staff but the manager cared and that to me is everything.

Room Tip: pelican was a much nicer area than the place I was originally (flamingo).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leoluv822
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear leoluv822: Thank you so much for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We do express our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered and are pleased to see you were satisfied with the resolution by one of our management team members. Thank you and we certainly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Not sure how anyone could have a good experience here. Check in took forever, got a dirty room where it took another 30mns to find maintenance to figure out keys weren't going to work all while the front desk hung up 3 time before I asked for a manager- who the told the desk girl I was on the phone with "he was too busy to speak to me and to take a message" all while I was trying to get into my room. She put me on hold long enough to drove around the dark maze of a parking lot to the front desk (still on hold) finally to asked him for a "clean room" or my money back so I could find another hotel. He (mngr) got an attitude and didn't even attempt to apologize or make it right. Shame on this motel labeled as "Resort"

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jppenny
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear jppenny: We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as this is unacceptable and highly untypical. We would like to discuss your stay with you. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may personally assist you with your experience. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 4 who stayed here as part of a package with Thomson holidays, uk.
The whole place is dirty, run down and was probably last redecorated in the 1970's. The area isn't very nice and feels very unsafe, particularly at night.
One night our children were unable to sleep due to the pool being occupied by lots rowdy college kids. When we tried to complain, their response was that the pool was open till 23:00. Not really family orientated, is it?
Another day, the pool area was full of dirty towels and no clean ones to be had. We twice complained to reception who after 2 separate visits, finally sent someone to remove the dirty ones but it took all morning for any clean ones to be left.
I went to reception one night to ask for some plastic cups as our maid hadn't left us any. An elderly couple were at reception were complaining that their room hadn't been cleaned. The receptionist wAs incredibly rude about them, totally unprofessional!
The only good part about it was the nice waitresses at breakfast who were always very pleasant.
Thomson Holidays should be ashamed of themselves for sending uk tourists to this place. We have stayed in many cheap places in Orlando over the years, but this place really is the pits . Try one of the Rosen hotels on International drive if you want somewhere affordable, yet nice.
You only have to read one of the previous reviews of the guy who was evicted for having a gun!!!
Seriously is this a place where you would want to take your children?!
Avoid at all costs!!

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Vedder13: Thank you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. I would like the chance to speak with you regarding your stay. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may make this right. We assure that we offer a family fun vacation experience and we want to ensure whatever mistakes were made do not happen again. We take your comments seriously and look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.