“Good value for the money.”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #95 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fremont
“Good value for the money.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I was super worried when I saw this is was the hotel I was given through Hotwire. The reviews were less then good and some of the pictures downright scared me. We were traveling with a young baby so I would not settle for a dirty, unsafe place. I looked at other hotels even in case we checked in and needed to find somewhere else to stay.
We weren't looking for a 5 star resort. For the price I expected clean and safe and that's what I got. The room was very clean and the maid service was very good. My only complaint was we had wash clothes at check in and then never received them again in the three days we were there. The ac was cold, the beds were very comfortable. I say for the money you can't complain. Yes it is a dated place. The outdoor area by the pool is shamefully neglected but not dirty. The whole place needs an overhaul. We didn't go into the store or restaurant area so I can't comment on them. The location is good. Close to all sorts of restaurants and even a target just a little down the road.
Just remember you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a hotel that is clean and safe this is a good choice.

1 Thank Minnieluv14
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Minnieluv14: Thank you for being our guest and choosing to stay with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay! We want you to know we appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. We are making improvements on an ongoing basis. Thank you and we certainly hope to see you again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Finnish first
Florida/North West UK
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good value hotel for the budget concious traveller. The rooms are of a good clean standard with no bugs to be seen. Pool is nice and clean with ample amount of loungers, no hot tub though. There is free wifi and printing in the lobby, but NO wifi in the rooms which can be a big problem.

I have stayed here a few times over the years and will continue to do.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shaun_Phillips
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Shaun_Phillips: Thank you so much for being our guest! We are so happy you stayed with us and thank you for your review! We do apologize if there was any issues with WiFi, however we do indeed have WiFi throughout the resort and may have temporarily been down. We hope you may stay with us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I got a deal on this hotel through a third party website and after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I was definitely wary about what I had purchased but in the end I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Let's me start out by saying that this is not your high end hotels, this also isn't a Holiday Inn. It is an older budget hotel but for the price has a ton of amenities. We booked this hotel since we were coming up to spend the day at Epcot and doing some adult drinking around the world and did not want to make the drive back to Tampa. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the parks and the times are okay, not super accommodating but hey it's a free ride (Disney is already expensive enough). Our room was older, it could use some updating but it wasn't unclean. The sheets were clean, the bathroom was clean and so were the floors (not suspect stains that I could see). We didn't eat dinner on the property but we looked at the prices of the food offered and nothing was completely overpriced, it was about the same as you would get in a sit down restaurant. This hotel is also located near a lot of restaurant and fast food options so you don't have to eat there. The room came with a decent sized mini fridge to put waters/drinks/leftovers (there is no microwave so that could be an issue with people staying more than one night). We did eat breakfast the next day (which was about $9/pp) which was a decent sized buffet (they even had an fresh made omelet station). This isn't a high class brunch - its a good ole breakfast buffet, the omelet was great and they had eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits/gravy, fruit, cereals, etc. It is def worth the money and you could easily eat later in the morning and save some money at Disney.

There are two pool areas, they looked nice but we didn't partake in them. They have a bar, pizza hut express and food can be delivered to your room. All in all there was way more than I expected for what I paid. We have actually put this on our list of places to stay when we do our next Epcot adventure in the fall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SuzKim
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear SuzKim: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We are happy you had a nice time with us and we appreciate your review and valued feedback! Please come back again soon!
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I came to Kissimmee for a convention on a budget, my first 2 nights where a nightmare, I chose a chain hotel company, which I'm not going to mention the name, because I want to be fair to them. But I went online because obviously I wasn't happy with my accommodation and found this property. I will recommend it to anyone, is worth to pay a little extra for a totally remodeled hotel. They are doing an spectacular job, the rooms are new, from ceilings to beds, tv, I mean I'm amazed at the amount of money they are spending in this property, even though it is still working in progress, I won't change it for any other property in the Orlando area, specially if you are coming to WDW

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Angel G: Thank you so much for being our guest and for your review and feedback! We hope to see you again real soon!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went to main gate last year not expecting much as most of the reviews were negative.We spent a few nights there the place was very run down rooms shabby but clean.we asked the agent to move us so we went to metropolitan on international drive which wasn't much better.So you only get what you pay for we are returning in September so fingers crossed might get a better room.The hotel situated on 192 amongst lots of restaurants and shops

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cs_thompson
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear cs_thompson: Thank you for your review. We apologize for any dissatisfaction last year when you stayed with us, but we assure we have made many improvements since then and hope you stay with us again soon!
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We are a family of 3 and we have stayed at this hotel for the past 7 years and we are returning. ?Later this year additionally other family members have joined us on more than one occasion. The location is excellent for the disney parks,all the other parks and is near to several restaurant within walking distance. The hotel has 3 lovely pools and kids pool's. The cleaning staff are extremely helpful so are the reception staff. This is a budget hotel,thus people should not expect the hilton! its a very warm family friendly hotel. Like many other hotels in the area. It may be in need of updating its a shame it gets so many negative reviews when its such a lovely hotel and we are looking forward to our next visit! thank you Maingate

Room Tip: would recommend pool view room (pelican area)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul_WJ2581VW
Dear Paul_WJ2581VW: Thank you for staying with us; it was our pleasure! We appreciate your taking time to review your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us! Have a great week!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Go elsewhere until they renovate this place. The tv was old the phone was old, beds are not queens, the paint above the shower was peeling and bubbling, the bathroom door did not stay shut, the ac will not maintain it's set temp. The area does appear safe maybe a security guard can help? I dint half much contact with staff but at check in they seemed nice. This could be a nice place if the place was updated but until then just go elsewhere.

1 Thank Kevco2001
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Kevco2001: Thank you for taking time to share your feedback as it is very important to us. We want to assure guests that we provide a clean and well-maintained resort. We are looking into upgrades as we speak and are continuously making daily improvements. We apologize for any dissatisfaction and we thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff. We do hope you may stay with us again in the future!

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels