“What a pleasant surprise!”

Comfort Inn Maingate
Ranked #27 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Salt Lake City, Utah
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had done my due diligence on this hotel before making my reservation. We stayed here from May 3rd through May 10th. Having gotten a real cheap rate for the hotel I was a little worried that we would get there and everything would be bad. We arrived at the hotel and my wife mentioned how nice it looked from the outside. I told her not to get her hopes up as we were getting breakfast as well for this price and there was no way it would be very good. We checked in went up to our room and was very pleasantly surprised how nice it was. I'm not saying it was an Embassy suites or Hilton but it was pretty large , clean and the beds looked great. I checked everything out and couldn't find any faults. The next morning at breakfast the waffles were hot and everything else looked good. I have had worse breakfast's at Hampton Inns. I would diffenently stay here again. The pool outside was also nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kevin K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before we checked into our Disney hotel on property. We had a groupon that had expired and when I tried to book they said they wouldn't take it. After my husband spoke with a manager they decided to honor it so we very much appreciated that. The hotel was clean and to be honest the room was nicer than our room at all star movies inside Disney. The only complaint i have is that our toilet flooded and the guy at the desk, Russell, was not very helpful or nice.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Katie B
Sweden
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We promised our five year old son that since we were in Florida we would naturally visit Disney World.
Now we are not the resort type so we wanted something close but not too close, looking online the Maingate seemed a good fit.

And it was. Close to the theme parks and with things such as shops and restaurants just outside the door.
When checking in we got a new guy in the reception and that showed, but I’m always more impressed by hard work and a willingness for customer satisfaction than anything.
And this guy excelled. It took a while but I rarely felt so important to anyone in a hotel reception as with this guy. I understand that would there have been a line behind me (it wasn’t) they might have seen it differently, but a big plus for effort here.

About the room… Well it’s been tough to find this many words about it actually, it was “a hotel room”.

Pool area was quite spacious but nothing extra, I hopped in and got out and that was it. Didn’t feel like hanging there.

Breakfast was a bit strange. The breakfast room reminded me of a company restaurant in Togliatti Russia back in the 90’s, and you know that can’t be good. But the food was quite OK and we ate fast so the memories didn’t get too much.

Room Tip: Don't forget the parking ticket at the reception
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bjorn_J73
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I spent some time at this hotel. Indeed, we found this hotel very clean and the staff very friendly. The pool area towels were very clean and abundant. The breakfast was super super good. From today on our choice will be Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: The pool area is spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garabed T
pegh8696
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great location and rates. Our room had two full beds and a set of bunk beds. The bathroom could use some refreshing. The staff is awesome! The breakfast was ok but could use some more fresh options. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Close to disney.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pegh8696
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for 7 days with my family, including my two small children. This hotel was fabulous. The staff was very friendly and helped us with any questions we had! The rooms were very clean and the hotel pool was fabulous! I have a 2 year old and the kiddie pool was in its own fences in area! It was absolutely perfect! The rooms were a descent size and the location was perfect! It was about a 5-10 minute drive to Disney World, depending on traffic. I would definitely stay at this hotel again! It was beautiful and the employees were fantastic!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Smileld
Crescent City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great location close to Disney World. Prices are reasonable especially if you are a senior. We have stayed here on many occasions even back when it was the Clarion, Maingate. Shift to Comfort Inn has come with improvements in room cleanliness, easy check in/out., friendly staff. Pool area small but really nice with little cabana bar. Only drawback is a lot of school kids on senior, band, cheerleading trips ( usually performing at Disney World)etc groups stay depending on season. All have been very well supervised as the Hotel is very concerned with guest satisfaction. If Disney rooms are too expensive or booked up, Highly recommend this location as an alternative.

Room Tip: Choose on poolside 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family