“Looks good from the outside, but it's like a seafood show inside”

Comfort Inn Maingate
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the outside, this place looks great, but the seafood restaurant in the lobby puts that to a stop the minute you walk in. If that doesn't then 2 elevators out of service would, or the spot on the 5th floor where they are repairing the ceiling after water damage will. Oh, and did I mention the mold in my room? This hotel needs some major repair on the inside, and no amount of room spray will make the lobby smell anything other than fishy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike C

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The is hotel was excellent in regards to the rooms, the breakfast, and the cleaning staff. We were there as part of a large group of students, whom were there to perform at Universal Studios. One of the girls asked the check-in staff (a male) a question which he answered in a courteous manner, but then his comment made him look unprofessional, and rude. He told the girl if we were leaving on Monday and she relied yes, he then made a face and said, "Thank goodness and rolled his eyes. This girl felt so bad after his comments. I understand that the students were loud and excited but that is no way to respond to a guest. Other than this incident everything was great. The manager even let us use the breakfast area for the student's dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaredoROSE
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hats off to Karlene Hibbert who is Sales Manager at this property! I had talked to her on the phone numerous time . My family stayed here for our family trip and boy we were not disappointed. Karlene made sure that everything was handled correctly and she took excellent care of me as the coordinator. I have dealt with many sales manager but none of them can hold a candle to her. She was just as pleasant and friendly in person as she was on the phone, the hotel was centrally located for the activities that my family participated in. We had 25 rooms and the only complaint I have is that one of the elevators were not working therefore it took longer to get one. I had a queen room and it had a sofa sleeper in it along we fridge and microwave! Way to go Comfort Inn Maingate and hats off for a job well done by Karlene Hibbert!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MemphisLove2travel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stayed with my husband and 5-year-old daughter for our first trip together to Disney World. We could have not been more pleased with our stay! The staff was extremely nice, knowledgeable, & helpful. Breakfast was very good each morning, and my daughter loved her Mickey waffles! We bought our tickets from the ticket desk conveniently located in the hotel lobby, during which the staff provided us with helpful suggestions about the parks. Each night, we were able to watch the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom from our hotel room window. After being gone all day at one of the parks, a maid had made our daughter's bunk bed and sweetly arranged all of her stuffed animals that she sleeps with on her pillows. As we were checking out, I took my daughter to the gift shop, where she bought a tiny snow globe of Cinderella's castle. After accidentally dropping & breaking it on the way home, she was devastated. My husband called the hotel gift shop to see if we could pay for another + shipping & have them mail it to us. The gift shop staff insisted on sending us another snow globe AT NO CHARGE whatsoever to us! That kind of customer service & hospitality is almost unheard of these days. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again in years to come!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Malena R
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Elevators are slow. The rooms aren't the cleanest. I think the carpet is holding a bit of odor. Towels are cheap. After showering towels left lint balls all over my skin. The hotel lost electrical power this morning resulting in no hot water either. I have two more nights to stay here, not sure what to expect. I wouldn't say this is a bad hotel despite my bad incidental experience but all I'm saying is I'm sure there's better ones.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I recently stayed at the comfort inn maingate . Rooms are a nice size bathrooms are very clean and the night auditor a woman with glasses was very help full. Location is great close to all 4 parks and restaurants. Pool is ok Jacuzzi very nice and they have a small pool for little ones had a great stay will recommend to others

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel just off Kissimmee old town, clean tidy, beautiful decor, staff excellent
Pool area really nice and usually quiet, but you really need bug repellant if u are out there all day and especially at night
Self service free coffee and tea all day is a really nice touch

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mark H
Travellers also viewed these Kissimmee hotels
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Seasons Florida Resort
Seasons Florida Resort
#22 of 154 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to Comfort Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Maingate

Address: 7675 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1740 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Maingate)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Kissimmee
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 Best Value Hotel in Kissimmee
Price Range: £53 - £133 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Comfort Inn Maingate 3*
Hotel is newly renovated in 2016, and is located just 1 mile to Disney World theme parks. The Comfort Inn Maingate is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel and offers FREE scheduled shuttle to Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores outlet mall. Complimentary hot breakfast is served daily from 6AM - 9AM. All non smoking guest rooms are accessible through interior hallways/corridors, with microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Hotel Kissimmee