“More than I expected...”

The Palms Hotel and Villas
Ranked #89 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My experience in this hotel was a really pleasant one. we had a really good time while staying at this hotel. Rooms and really big and clean, everything was working in the room. When I called to request for someone to make up the sofa bed, he came in less than 5 minutes to the room. Breakfast buffet in the morning is very good, but arrive early so you can get a table. Hotel was busy because there were baseball teams, but honestly I can't complain. You receive really high value for the price that you are paying at this hotel. When I go back to Florida, I'll definetively stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank juanmi2010
There are newer reviews for The Palms Hotel and Villas

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Palms Hotel and Villas was ok. They could do with a face lift.

My only real issue was with breakfast - a nice spread was laid, but too much pastry and other unhealthy stuff etc. More healthy options such as fresh fruits would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Flavagurl
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Normally we stay onsite on visits to Disney- we didn't get any decent deals for our Annual Passes so we chose this place for their great GA resident special. Room was ready when we arrived- king condo style with living room, kitchenette, and separate bathroom. Though this property is next to the Interstate, it is also close to the parks and is a bargain for what it is.
Spoke with the new manager- a new company took over this property, according to him- and he let us know about some new ideas and plans that they have for future development. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I can't find a great deal onsite- this is good for families, especially for larger families, or for couples or friends that don't want to be smothered with Disney all the time. They sell tickets and have a shuttle to the parks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chzhead2004
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our travel baseball team needed a hotel in the Kissimmee area for a week long tournament and selected the Palms Hotel & Villas for several reasons. First, we needed a local where six could sleep in the same room. Check. Second, our budget was limited so we couldn't splurge for higher end properties like Embassy Suites, etc. Check. Third, we didn't want to be too far from the playing field. Check. Finally, we wanted a place that had extra amenities such as a free breakfast, nice pool, laundry facilities on site, free internet, etc. Check x 5.

On the plus side the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. They opened the breakfast area 30 minutes early to accommodate our schedule. If we needed extra towels or anything else they were quick to respond with a smile on their face.

The only negatives were that you had to pre-pay for all nights upfront. They also never mentioned the $8.95 / night "resort fee" when presenting their quotation to the group leader.

Over all, we would stay at the resort again if our needs bring us back to the Kissimmee area.

Room Tip: Building seven is like a hotel where the other buildings in the complex are more like villas. If yo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank BaseballCoach561
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I've stayed with The Palms chain groups plenty of times. At the time of check in you are handed a Best Rest Reward card at any of their locations and they place a sticker on the card for the amount of days you stay once the card is filled you are rewarded with a free stay. Today was check out day and with much excitement I went to retrieve my free night stay I went to the front desk and spoke with "Kara" I showed her the card and she stated she was not able help me and asked why I didn't try to retrieve the free night upon arrival I told her I did discuss at check in but was told retrieval would be at check out none the less she told me she could not assist me or resolve to come back around 3 oclock for assistance. I came back and Kara was there I asked if she explained the situation to the other gentlemen "Johnny" she quickly handed him a paper and hurried off it was obvious he was unaware and also had a line full of customers to attend in stead of folding under pressure he reassured me he would help me quickly put me at ease and resolved my issue effortlessly like a true professional I would recommend this resort if you are staying in Orlando, Kissimmee and are traveling with family members good on the pockets, affordable but not cheap it is close to Disney and universal studios. Overall Johnny made a good stay an excellent one!!! I will come back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Fifigonz
Reviewed 10 July 2013

we had a great room wi0th a view of the pool area. Are room was just the right size for the 6 people the we had. We are foster parents to a girl and her 1 yr old son and she has never been to a place like the palms in her life she thought it was also great. Everyone in our room had a great time. Our experience with your property was a great one. We are looking forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We arrived early to this hotel because we couldn't wait to leave the other one we stayed at the night before. We asked if it was too early to check in because it was only 12:30, they said to give them 30min and we could check in. Upon returning at 1:00 our room was ready but not the second one we booked for a family member. I thought it was great of them to let us check in so early that I wasn't going to complain about the other room not being ready. The room/hotel needs to be updated but other then that it was a good experience. I especially loved how close it was to the Magic Kingdom. You couldn't get much closer, except if you actually stayed in Walt Disney. The breakfast buffet fit our family's needs, no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Galleria Palms Hotel
Galleria Palms Hotel
#6 of 154 in Kissimmee
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!