“If we can get another Groupon-rate, this will be our new home-away-from-home!”

The Palms Hotel and Villas
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We took a chance on the offer from Groupon and after we got settled in upon arrival KNEW this was a great choice for our 3 nt stay. We normally choose a motel/hotel in the area (3-4 times a yr) but decided to spend about $15/nt more as they offer suites w/ a living room w/ small kitchen area and then separate bedroom. For my husband and I and our 2 wee ones this was extra space well pd for. Knowing the boys like to run around and play, they had more than ample room.

The kitchen-area allowed us to bring a small cooler w/ meals we could reheat on the stove and in the microwave = saved A LOT of money on meals that way. Too there was a Publix across the street so we bought some things there as we knew we'd have plenty of room in the fridge/freezer. And in the cupboards we found plates, bowls, glasses, sharp knives (up high, marked in a cupboard above the fridge! kudos to whoever thought of that for those of us w/ small children!), pots and a pan, and silverware for 4. They even supply you w/ packets of soap for the dishwasher and a few small kitchen towels (we brought our own as I wasn't sure and forgot to ask before lving home.)

The continental breakfast each a.m. (from 7-9am) is the nicest of any we've ever had! And the set up is wonderful w/ ample seating (20 or so tables maybe? as opposed to 5 or 6 in the other places we've stayed) and a nice bright atmosphere (not some little nook where you never know if you'll get to sit or not due to it's dinky size and lack of tables/chairs.) The food selection was incredible - I say this because when I think of a "free continental breakfast" I think of hot and cold cereals w/ nearly-stale pastries and MAYBE some type of fresh fruit. Not the case here! All 3 mornings we had (hot!) scrambled eggs w/ (hot!) sausage links/patties, juices, hot and cold cereals, both skim and 2% milk (love that little extra as I have a hard time w/ anything other than skim whereas the rest of the family can do skim but prefer whole), french toast or waffles (depending on the day) an assortment of breads, bagels and pastries... Again, so much more than what I've always considered to be a continental breakfast. Would have loved to have seen fresh fruit offered, but they did have some that looked like it was somewhere between fresh and canned (that our 2 yr old enjoyed.)

The location is hard to beat - right at the on ramp to I-4. From The Palms parking lot to the parks' parking lot took us just under 15mins to Seaworld and 10mins exactly to the Magic Kingdom.

Every one of the staff we came in contact with was friendly. When I called the other nt to ask where I could pitch a bag w/ quite a bit of garbage (and a poopy diaper...) I was told someone from mntnc would be rt over to take care of it. So I left it outside of our door and when I cked a few mins later they indeed must have come rt over to take it! (I was willing to take it but the woman at the front desk insisted on sending someone for it.)
And even though we declined housekeeping during our stay, one of the housekeepers happened to see us going to our room yesterday and asked if we would at least like some fresh towels. That was nice of her (we declined however.)

About the only "negative" we came up w/ was that the carpet and tile were filthy -- they appeared clean (due to vacuuming I'm sure) but one look at our sons' feet told us otherwise. They looked as if they had stepped on a stamp pad in order to then step on paper and lv a footprint! Wow. Don't get me wrong - I try to keep shoes/slippers on their feet when we're at a hotel, but somehow they always end up elsewhere... And I know the carpets aren't getting shampooed so I expect a little grey on the soles of their feet - but black?? Aiiiiii...

Oh - and in a perfect world for those of us w/ small children there wouldn't exist furniture w/ "sharp" corners. We kept the coffee table, for example, stashed by the front door as I was waiting for an ugly accident to happen otherwise...

Again, we were super-pleased w/ what we got for the price we pd. I read all the reviews I could find before making the purchase and then again up until the day we got there. I kept the negatives in the back of my mind and was glad to find we didn't have issues w/ what others complained about. (Sure, the cupboards were outdated and could use some resurfacing, but really? for the price we're paying? they were fine. So the couch had a hole in one of the cushions; did it effect how I sat on it? that was cosmetic as far as we were concerned - we got over it.)

The bottom line is that we know not to have 5-star expectations on a budget like ours. It's all about being realistic. The Palms more than served our needs and helped to make our mini-vacation that much more stress-free!

Room Tip: Building 6 was perfect! We were rt across from the main building for breakfast each a.m. Had we us...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DL-PBI

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed here a number of times with both family and friends.The rooms are clean and the grounds are well kept. The comp breakfast is OK but after a few days I'm getting tired of carbs.The pool was excellent and common areas are clean and orderly. A definite place to stay for the money spent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Doug024
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Our room was a one bedroom apartment, very nice with lots of space. The kitchen was well equipped. The resort itself is nothing special but the breakfast is good. It's in a great location near disneyworld, celebration and old town usa. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We came up to spend Thanksgiving at Disney. I thought that we might need more than just a regular Hotel room so we picked this place which has a kitchen but didn't use it except for the Refrigerator.. The rooms aren't large but big enough for our 3 night stay. It was clean, older and needs a little face lifting - the pressboard wood cabinetry in the kitchen is worn with some crooked doors and some ants (this is Florida we have ants at home also between exterminator visits, just a fact of life here) but they had granite countertop. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but worth the $10/day resort fee for four people. Institutional eggs (powdered or liquid) one morning scrambled another day little pre-cooked egg circles, crappy bagles, English muffins, cold cereal, milk, overcooked sausages, packaged peanut butter, cream cheese, one day French toast, one day waffles. Some pastries and muffins. The food is high school cafeteria quality, enough to start your day. Coffee in the lobby at night with free cookies when we checked in was nice.

If you need a decent place to sleep and like to travel with some of your own food so you can bring lunch to the park(s) this place isn't bad. Located close to Disney and reasonably priced. Don't expect too much and you wont be disappointed.

For those travelers not familiar with Orlando pick up some bottled water at WalMart or Target because all the water in Orlando/Kissimmee tastes like sulfur no matter what hotel you stay at even at Disney parks it's just nasty tasting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here in the beginning of October 2013 for two nights as we had a gift certificate. Arrived to a spacious suite with a king-sized bed and the cutest kitchen. Room also had a fireplace, which I thought was a little odd since its FLORIDA but hey, I thought it was a nice touch. Room was definitely a little outdated and could use some modern touches - we felt like we had stepped back in time to the early 90s. The room was clean but did smell of cigarette smoke - and our suspicions were found to be true upon seeing the duvet cover on the bed covered in cigarette burn holes. The bed was probably our biggest complaint - seriously the most FIRM mattress we have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on.....could not wait to get back home to our own! The pool area was nice and quiet and clean. Did not make the breakfast time(they stop serving it early?) but heard it was adequate from other guests. Great location right next to I-4 (which you don't even hear in your room). Overall a mediocre stay, glad it was a certificate!

Room Tip: Not much a view anywhere, either you are looking at I-4 or the pool area. Pick your posion!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thnknoutloud
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Is an older property, clean and close to Disney. Easy access to I-4. We stayed in building six and got a lot of interstate noise. Staff was very friendly. Had to stop at a tickets sales person to get parking pass. Wasn't pushy but I wasn't exactly thrilled to be questioned about buying tickets right after a long drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ptblvet
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My experience in this hotel was a really pleasant one. we had a really good time while staying at this hotel. Rooms and really big and clean, everything was working in the room. When I called to request for someone to make up the sofa bed, he came in less than 5 minutes to the room. Breakfast buffet in the morning is very good, but arrive early so you can get a table. Hotel was busy because there were baseball teams, but honestly I can't complain. You receive really high value for the price that you are paying at this hotel. When I go back to Florida, I'll definetively stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank juanmi2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Galleria Palms Hotel
Galleria Palms Hotel
#7 of 154 in Kissimmee
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!