First of all let me say that I had booked to stay in this hotel on 6 - 20 July 2014 but a couple of things bothered me:
1. The reviews on trip advisor where very mixed, either very good or very bad and it seemed to be a bit of pot luck as to what type of appartment you would end up in,
2. I emailed the hotel twice once with a request and once about a question and got no reply. This doesnt mean it isnt a good hotel but it does mean that the customer service isnt what I expect it to be,
3. The resort fee! I booked this hotel (and flights) through expedia and was told there would be a resort fee of $8 per room per night. Now to start with lets be honest resort fees are a cone they are not resort fees they are another means to put up the price of the hotel and make the base price look competitive. I dont go on holiday to use a Gym, I dont use the pool, I go to waterparks and if I wanted to read a newspaper from a city that I am only in for 2 weeks then I will buy one. However back to the point just over a week and a half till I go I find that the resort fee has gone up to $16 per night...now unless they are offering me a three course meal for that then it is even more of a ripoff. I therefore cancelled my hotel portion of the trip with expedia.
I was able to book a very nice 3 bedroom villa excellent location for lower price than the expedia booking plus the resort fee.
So let me reiterate, this hotel may be fine but it is time the people started putting their money where their mouths are and start resisting this resort tax nonsence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel, The Palms Hotel & Villas wants to be your home away from home. When traveling for business or pleasure, we offer the ultimate in convenience, comfort and value.The Palms Hotel and Villas offers great accommodations, where you will have everything you could possibly need during your stay. With 125 condominium style one and two bedroom suites, our hotel is the perfect fit for everyone's sleeping needs.Relax and unwind by our large crystal clear swimming pool, whirlpool, children's pool, sun deck, basketball court, game room, beautiful gazebo areas with picnic tables and gas grills. Wireless internet is available in all rooms. Deluxe Continental Breakfast and Scheduled Shuttle Service to Walt Disney World(R) Resort. These are just a few of the many features that will make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- The Palms Hotel And Villas Kissimmee, Florida
- Palms Hotel Villas