“Beware The Price”

Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Northern Ireland
“Beware The Price”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First of all let me say that I had booked to stay in this hotel on 6 - 20 July 2014 but a couple of things bothered me:

1. The reviews on trip advisor where very mixed, either very good or very bad and it seemed to be a bit of pot luck as to what type of appartment you would end up in,

2. I emailed the hotel twice once with a request and once about a question and got no reply. This doesnt mean it isnt a good hotel but it does mean that the customer service isnt what I expect it to be,

3. The resort fee! I booked this hotel (and flights) through expedia and was told there would be a resort fee of $8 per room per night. Now to start with lets be honest resort fees are a cone they are not resort fees they are another means to put up the price of the hotel and make the base price look competitive. I dont go on holiday to use a Gym, I dont use the pool, I go to waterparks and if I wanted to read a newspaper from a city that I am only in for 2 weeks then I will buy one. However back to the point just over a week and a half till I go I find that the resort fee has gone up to $16 per night...now unless they are offering me a three course meal for that then it is even more of a ripoff. I therefore cancelled my hotel portion of the trip with expedia.

I was able to book a very nice 3 bedroom villa excellent location for lower price than the expedia booking plus the resort fee.

So let me reiterate, this hotel may be fine but it is time the people started putting their money where their mouths are and start resisting this resort tax nonsence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paddywack41
Palms3100, Front Office Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Although you did not enjoy your stay we appreciate your comments. Everyone has their own opinion and expectations as you see with reviews.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This place is a disgusting joke. We're here right now and we've been placed in a room with no central air. They have cheap air conditioners and bugs are clearly getting in through the side panels. Our window is cracked, one of the drawers is broken and the dishes were dirty. Bleh

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank radiojake13
Sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our units have central air but the air went out in that unit and we have to contact the owners for it to be replaced. In the meantime window units were placed in the room so that it could still be used.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

west palm beach
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Place was ok for price. If booking through 3rd party expect an extra fee at door (not good). Hot breakfast helps. Stay away from all units facing I4 the noise will not let you sleep. Staff are helpful withing their capacity. The two typical questions, will stay again or recommend? No.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yoda90
Thank for posting your review of our property. All comments are greatly appreciated and helps us in moving forward on making improvements.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As a first time Groupon user, I had a very pleasant experience. Our accommodations at the Palms Hotel and Resort were very much to our liking. The room was very clean and furnishings were comfortable. We had plenty of room and were conveniently located to get around to all the attractions in the area. We felt safe on the grounds and had no problems. Unfortunately, we didn't get to use the pool, as the weather did not cooperate. I would definitely return here and also recommend the Palms to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patti431
Palms3100, Front Office Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
In Florida you never know how the weather will be....but we are happy that you enjoyed your time at our property. Thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you again.
Conception Bay South, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Recently my husband and I along with our friends booked a room at The Palms Hotel and Villas located on 3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee Florida for one night.

Upon arrival we checked in and was certainly not pleased with the room that was assigned to us. I should mention that I am a person with a disability therefore I had to have a room on the lower level. When we viewed the conditions of this room my friend then went to the Villas office and asked if they would do an upgrade or another room. Their response was that the upgrade would cost extra. We felt that with the poor conditions they shouldn't even be charging what they do. An upgrade was not feasible for us and we had no choice but to stay in these conditions.

We then decided to take a swim in the pool and found the pool to be not clean as well as chairs. Sitting in a lounge chairs with a broken stripe and back being pinched by the plastic. My husband then went to get a couple of towels and returned with towels which contained nothing but holes.

In our room and around the door - light was coming through so not properly closing and gap under door giving easy access to any small rodents to enter. Cupboard front hanging off and cupboard not even attached to counter top. Dirt and old boards under kitchen cupboard area, lamp shades all broken and carpet so dirty I would not take off my sandels. Furniture very old and showing much wear. Walls definitely needing paint.

The only positive thing I can say about my first and only time staying at The Palms Hotel and Villas was that the breakfast meal was enjoyable. It is a place that I will suggest NOT to stay at.

This place needs serious work done to come up to standards.

Room Tip: Pay an extra couple of dollars so to be in a healthier and more comfortable setting.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Rosie C
This is an older property and in need of updating. Although it takes time, we have started a few rooms of renovations this week. We are very sorry that you and your friends did not care for our property but do appreciate your comments.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My family & I always stay at The Palms Hotel & Villas when visiting the Disney/Orlando area. We have 2 dogs that we travel with and have stayed at some REALLY CRAPY places because we travel with our dogs. But this place is CLEAN, SPACIOUS, UPDATED & IT FEELS LIKE HOME. There is even a BBQ area by the pool. The prices are ALWAYS reasonable and the FULL breakfast is GREAT! There is no other place I would recommend to stay if you are visiting the Disney/Orlando area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank terasia
Thank you for your continued patronage. We also thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review of our property. We hope to see you again soon.
McEwen, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

First time using Groupon Voucher for a trip, had no problems, the room was very clean, the grounds well kept and clean. The Continental Breakfast was very good and plenty of goodies to choose from. I have read bad reviews at this place but I'm sorry we had a great time staying here with no problems They have a shuttle bus to but we choose to drive because we wanted to stay later at parks... Great big pools and very nice size hot tub was an extra nice perk !!! When you can smell the chemicals that tells you they keep it well cleaned I must say if we get to come back down this is where we will be staying !!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank JenniferB553
We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our property and it is not often that you hear all the positive things. Thank you again for staying and posting your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Rodeway Inn Maingate
Rodeway Inn Maingate
#46 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!