“Cute Hotel with a wonderful staff”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #90 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Cute Hotel with a wonderful staff”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were very pleased overall with our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rates are very reasonable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christie E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
Fort Bragg, NC
Reviewed 25 April 2012

After reading the other reviews about this hotel, we decided to stay at this hotel for our last minute family vacation, when we checked in, the girl was rude and not polite at all, but I just brushed it off and thought she was having a bad day [everyone has them], so we continued to our room. We got to our room, we got a kids suite, well we got the lame-est kids suite ever, lol, there were no pictures or "kids theme" at all, just a brown wall around their area! First off, our bathroom lights didn't work, so we had to have maintence come up and fix it, while he was there fixing it, he hit our 4 year old daughter in the face with a ladder, and all he said was "oh sorry" and kept going on with his day. After he left we noticed our bathroom tub wasn't draining, so they sent maintence BACK out, the guy walked in and walked right back out, never saw him again. Our tv kept going in and out, every 2-4 minutes it'd go blank and then come back on, this was BOTH tvs in the room. Our towels had stains on them, our bed sheets had holes in them, our a/c worked when it wanted too. We had spiders in the kitchen and bathroom area, and also had dead bugs in the sink, on the counter and in the tub when we checked into the room. I know this hotel/motel is "cheap" but honestly, I wouldn't of paid what i paid if I wouldn't known I was going to have a stay like this. The girls that work in the pizza place in the hotel are VERY nice and helpful, the food is great, and the girl at the guest services counter is very nice and helpful as well. We also asked the staff if we could change rooms and get a 1st floor one, and they told us no, and I know the hotel was not full. Also, one night after coming back from Disney World, a suburban was doing burn outs in the parking lot and almost took out my family and I and security just stood there and watched. A lot of the staff was nice, and I know the hotel has "good intentions" but overall I was not pleased, and felt like it was a waste of my money! We might of just got a bad room, but who knows. The food was good, pool was clean and big, and the playground was very nice, so there are "perks" but I was NOT pleased with our room and the service we received. We were room 222, overlooking the pool, and stayed for 6 nights!

4 Thank ProudMamaandWife

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days - apr 18-23
Starting noticing lil bites that looked like mosquito bites or pimples after a few days----------yep!!!! They are bed bug bites :(
We had 2 rooms: 215 & 217 & we both got them
I hope my new house isn't infested now..........stayed @ Serelago a couple yrs ago because of great value- WON'T go back now :((((

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank OttawaCan613
Edmonton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After reading a lot of scary reveiws on Trip Advisor, which I take with a grain of salt of course I was so happy to see that this hotel was not the scary roach infested dump people said it was. I will begin by saying that people were complaining that the breakfast buffet was pricy. Wll 3 adults and 2 kids who eat free, was a whopping $35.00! That to me is great, nowhere here in Edmonton can 5 people get a breakfast anywhere for that price. The food was good and hot and there was a great slection of your typical breakfast foods including fruit and yogurt.
Okay now the hotel. Yes it may be more like a motel but who cares, We booked a kids suite with our pacakge and then after I saw the 2 room suites. We checked on at 9:00 am on a Saturday and I asked if we could upgrade. Yes no problem $20 more a night......done and done! The room was older, again wasn't there to hang in the room but it was huge, couch and murphy bed for Grandma on the living area, there was a bar area with a fridge and microwave. Then the bathroom was again hige and very clean. The maids were very good at leaving extra towels as they must have noticed there were 5 of us. Then there was the bedroom, again huge, 2 double beds and a closet and its own air conditioner as well. Also had a table and chairs. We were on the 2nd floor room 800 and it overlooked one of the pools. Not the one with the bar but that was okay it was a quick walk. The staff was very friendly throughout the hotel, everything was clean the pools were really nice. The food in the food court was good, lots of choices and the grocery part was also very handy and reasonable priced.
There are so many restaurants around the hotel that the kids eat free at if they are 10 or under and it is a short drive to the Disney Parks as well. Location, location, location that is for sure. Would I stay there agan, in a second and I will tell everyone I know that they should stay at the Seralago as well. We travel a lot and I know that there are always nicer and fancier hotels to stay at and by all means if people want to spend the money to stay at a Disney Hotel then good for them. Personally I like to find hiddem gems like the Seralago and stay there and be able to afford many family vacations a year.

Room Tip: get an upgrade from the kids suite to the 2 room suite worth the little bit more $$
3 Thank jeniec
toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great family resort. Spectacular value for you money.
Jazuzzi & pools open till midnight, friendly staff, free WIFI, fridge in the room, good location, and lots of games for kids - it exceeded our expectations.
The only minor problem was matress - could feel springs through the sheets - but perhaps we're just being a bit picky :-)
Would definitely stay again

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My mom and I stayed at The Seralago on April 14th-20th/2012. We stayed in room 102. It had 2 double beds. First , the tv kept shutting off on it's on. The maintenance came while we were out. Not sure what they did. But it didn't fix it. Then the picture started getting distorted every now and then or it was going to a snowy picture, like the cable went out. We told maintenance and he said he would have the manager on duty call us. Didn't happen! I got back in the room in the evening, had a drink and a candy bar. Sat it down on the night stand for about 5 minutes, and ants were all over it! The maid service was great! Monica did a great job. When we checked out, we told the manager on duty about our problems, he said he couldn't do anything about the tv! He couldn't comp us nothing for that! He did comp us the drink and candy bar I lost by letting me pick out a drink and candy bar at the store they have in the lobby. I expected better customer service from them! Their motto on the literature in the room says they will make the customer happy whatever it takes! Crap! And they also state in the brochure that the pools are heated, that's crap too! The pool was cold at night! We asked about that also to no avail! I did loveeee the spa/hot tub! It was very relaxing at night! The rooms were nice but a little outdated. The bathroom had painted tiles on the walls.And the room had a working fridge and microwave that came in handy. They did have a shuttle to Universal. It was great. But if you do ride the shuttle, make sure you tip the driver that takes you and picks you up. The drivers are different from each trip. I gave them a dollar each trip. I didn't have much, but I gave what I could. He had to do a pick up from a high end hotel, and no one tipped him anything! I don't think these guys make much! Hey! The shuttle is free. Tip them a little!

Room Tip: we had a room almost facing the pool, but it also had the sun facing us every morning!
Livermore, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The neighborhood was 'blah', but Seralago was the nicest place there. The staff were nice, the room was good, the 2 pools and jacuzzis were a great time! I loved that the pools and jacuzzis were open until midnight. Also the bartenders at the pool bar were REALLY nice, we much appreciated their extra effort for us :)
Since we were there for the parks, I did not much care about the neighboring area and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple