“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Every year on two different occassions,i have the wonderful task of planning our vacation. Usually i begin two to three months prior,simply because it takes my mind away from work for a little while. My desire was to go to Hawaii this year because the rate and the room was awesome{I do mean awesome] Don't get me wrong i do love Florida i'am there at least twice a year. When i go somewhere on vacation,i"am not the kind of person who say's i want the best. Five star hotel,Egyptian cotton sheets,dowdy pillows. If these things were things i wanted, oh yes i could stay here[my money is good for it] I would rather stay at a three or four star hotel that has life in it,where children are having fun,parents are letting there hair down,and nobody's nose is stuck up like some i've stayed in. I have stayed at Seralogo in the past not the best maintained place,not the best staffed place,but it was close to everything,and that's what we enjoyed most about this particular place. Heres the deal just tried to book a room there,and the experience was horrible. Your not given what area your going to be in at the time of booking. You can request a certain area,near the pool near the very back or so on,but they don't assign an area to you untill you get there. It's like they are saying to you,when you get here we will give you what we have versus what you want. Even after all of the bad reviews i have seen over the past year since i have gone last,i still wanted to give this place a chance,but after this no thanks. For these guys,with their run down facilitys, bad reviews,and unconcerned staff,they certainly are not doing anything to change their perception. 5 star hotels don't treat clients like this,and 2 star hotels pretending to be 3 shouldn't either. That's my spill,and please make your own decision,buy as for me and my house,we are going somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, MB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Average hotel and price. Hot tub was not working. Staff was hit and miss. Some were excellent some didn't care...don't buy more game tokens than you need for the kids....you can't get cash for them after.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Gloucester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We've stayed at the Seralago twice and would definitely return again. For the price you pay it's a really good deal and has everything you could ask for. Both times we had a two room suite which was perfect. Plenty of room and we found the kitchen area very useful. Although it's not equipped with plates/utensils etc it was easy to pick some cheap ones up at Walmart and meant we could have breakfast in the room and takeaway as well.
The pools were great and never too busy. We didn't try the food there but there are many restaurants within few minutes walk/drive.
It's very close to all the Disney parks and no more than 20 minutes from SeaWorld/Universal.
All the staff were helpful and friendly, check in was quick and efficient.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LauraK481
Odessa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Seralago and don't plan to stay there again. The hotel is definitely dated and a bit on the shabby side. The bed linens were well worn and the mattress and pillows were lumpy. The TV didn't work when we arrived but maintenance did come in a timely fashion and took care of the problem. Breakfast fare was adequate and we had an exceptional waitress, Barbara. If you do go there be sure and ask to be seated in Barbara's section. I promise she will take excellent care of you.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed here twice last year on trips to Disney. Can't comment on prince as I got the hotel through an online source. The rooms were clean but a bit dated. On the second trip we had a problem with a bad television set and it was promptly replaced by the friendly maintenance staff. They also brought a coffee maker to our room when my wife realized we didn't have one. The site is quiet and very easy to find. Withing walking distance of Old Town and a few restaurants. About a 10 minute drive (in traffic) to Disney.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have stayed at the Seralago in the past. I've stayed there a long time ago when it used to be the Holiday Inn, until about 2004 or so when they switch over to Seralago. When the hotel was the Holiday Inn, it was beautiful. Everything was clean and working, and now I feel like the Seralago has gone down hill. The hotel reminded me of the little Jersey shore hotels that I usually stay in for one night. However, the difference is that in Jersey we pay anywhere from $100 - $150 per night, and at Seralago we only paid $44 a night, so that made our stay a little better knowing that we saved money.
We are the type of people who are NEVER in our hotel room. We basically use our hotel to shower, sleep and change if we need to. That's really it. Unless we stay at a five star resort, I don't go on vacations to spend hours in my hotel room, especially when I am in the Orlando area. That being said, I think that there were good points and bad points about this hotel.
The good points are that it is so close to everything. Disney, Celebration, shops, restaurants, and cheesy little shops are just 5-10 minutes away. The maids cleaned up our room great every day, so there was no problem with that. The hotel room we stayed in had two beds, a mini fridge and a microwave, which is more than what we needed. Our stay was fine because like I said, we were only in the room to shower and sleep. So if you're anything like me and you don't use your hotel room very much, this place is great, especially for the price!
As for the bad points..the t.v. is old, so if you're really into high def. televisions, I'd definitely go elsewhere. The room is outdated, and there was no room number on the door to our hotel room, so it took us a while to find our room, and the room is really humid. I don't know if it is because of the air condition/heater, but the room was always really damp. After I would blow dry my hair, I would run out of the room and get going because it was less humid outside than it was in our room. (We were there in the beginning of January, so it wasn't that humid in Florida).
So to sum up this hotel, if you are looking to go to Disney, but not pay Disney resort prices, and you are planning to NEVER be in your hotel room, I would definitely try Seralago, especially because of the price. If you like to hang out at your hotel, take naps in your room, and just spend time there, then I would look elsewhere. This is not the type of hotel you want to spend the whole day at.

Room Tip: If you're going to use your hotel for sleeping and showering stay here, you can't beat the p...