“Gross!!”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This place is nasty!! Stayed in the family suites and if it wasn't for the fact I was in my car for 16 hours I would have just slept in my car. The beds feel like wood the blankets were dirty they floors weren't vacuumed there was mold in the shower just completely disgusting. The dining area was dirty walked in a walked right out. Kissimmee itself is completely run down. I would rate this hotel with a 0 but have to give it a 1 to post this!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Courtney H
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I'm very disappointed to hear about your stay here, Courtney. If you had any of these complaints at the time of your stay, did you happen to bring any of them up with management? While we aim for all of our guests to feel comfortable and at home right off the bat, if there's anything that needs correcting, we're happy to do it.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arrived on Sun Feb 23, 2014. My friend who has stayed here for several years, had trouble checking in. Melissa claimed she couldn't check us in until 4pm, but seem to check in the couple that were ahead of us. Okay so we check in get our room keys, head to the room, in there nothing but fleas on the window, the tub was leaking & the chair filthy & dirty. I understand they allow pets in this hotel, but why give these rooms to people who have are not traveling with pets. Obviously the cleaning service are not doing the job your paying them for. We were then given another room by the pool. This room was better only because it didn't include "Fleas". The carpet needs to be changed, the chair was dirty, no bulb in the lamp. I understand its cheap, but give me a break. I'm still paying my hard earned money for someplace descent. My daughter pretty much sleep on top of me just not to have her body near the mattress. Why would you not secure the mattress with a fitted sheet or a mattress pad. The little thing on the top of the mattress what was that. This was my daughter's first experience in Florida & I didn't expect this experience. I will be staying someplace else when visiting Florida again.

Room Tip: The tip is choose someplace completely different.
3  Thank Kym W

I'm very sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay here, Kym. We take our customer service and the quality of our facilities very seriously, and appreciate your candid and honest review. I will look into and address the problems you highlighted and work to resolve these issues -- from the fleas to the missing bulb. In the meantime, please accept our dearest apologies.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at Seralago for the month of February. Our first night the phone didn’t work but was fixed in 10 minutes. I have been coming to Seralago for over 26 years and have always had a great time! Seralago has many people who have worked there for many years and that shows us that they are happy in their work and will pass that smile on to you! When we stay at Seralago many of the workers know us by our first names and that makes us feel at home. We wouldn’t think about staying anywhere but Seralago! The lady in the food court (Eskayra) saw that my wife was in a wheel chair and had coffee on the table for her every morning. The General Manager (Jan Rietveld) walks the entire Hotel every morning to make sure everything is good and working.

2  Thank SnakeMan2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

To know that you and your wife have always felt right at home here is such a compliment. Thank you for sharing! I'm looking forward to passing your message along to Eskayra and the rest of the staff, as i know they'll love it. Thank you again!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. During our stay we found 6 roaches crawling in various areas of our room. The room was very outdated. The bathroom was awful. There was some lady outside screaming like a crazy person in the middle of the night. The pool area and game room were nice but that didn't make up for the roaches in my opinion. Oh and stay clear of the person in lobby who offers you a free stay in their new hotel they want you to sit through a 2 hour seminar.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank slg213

I'm terribly sorry about those roaches, and I will be following up with the rest of the team so that we can take care of any problem there may be ASAP. Additionally, we make a point to ensure that our place is family centered, and a woman screaming certainly doesn't fit that bill. We encourage our guests to reach out to us in these situations so that we can prevent further disruption.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

If you are looking for a budget hotel and you get this place at a good rate OK. If you want something less dated shop around. My review : We arrived in Orlando quite late without a hotel reservation so we needed a room for one night, tried a few other places but they were asking too much. The exterior of the hotel is dated and tired looking but I decided to give it a try, the lobby is Ok a little dated but there is a small shop and food court and an entertainment area. We were given a good rate by a friendly front desk girl and decided to book in. The room was at the back of the property and it seemed a little dark. The room we had was overlooking the pool area, as expected the room was dated and a little musty smelling, it needed work but was clean, the sheets etc were obviously old but were clean. Very old TV which we didn't use and no Coffee maker, there was a fridge and a small grubby looking microwave. The Pool area is very nice, obviously well maintained with hot tubs and a Tiki bar, which we did use, and a friendly bar tender, we had a good nights sleep. There is a restaurant for buffet breakfast which looked very good but we decided to try a place down the road called the Sizzling Grille, bad mistake, that's another story. The hotel is nicely located with plenty to do within walking distance. If you are looking for a good rate and a budget hotel and I would say family friendly the Seralago fits the bill, if you want more luxury pay more money, to the Manager a little more attention to room maintenance and updating is required.

Room Tip: Not at the back, pool side.
1  Thank cryyzac
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for reach out to us after your stay. We don't take these reviews lightly, and it's certainly helpful to hear your thoughts. I will bring up your point about room maintenance and updating to the rest of the team during our next meeting, to see where we can keep working to make some changes.

It sounds like you all enjoyed your stay, though, which is great. We hope you'll think of us again next time you're in the area.

Take care,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

2nd time staying there and will never return! I hesitated this last time, but thought because of price and location why not. The place is run down nasty, staff and management are rude. I seriously was not looking for 5 star, but would like to feel clean at least and happy while on vacation for a week with my family. Please think twice before you stay here. Do not be like I did and now kick my self for not really trusting these reviews before I came here again. I could just go on, but no point. Just yuck, yuck, yucky. There are better hotels around that location, just a little more money I see you get what you pay for, but something like this should just not be approved by health dept, and building codes.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank johanna2004

Johanna, while our building is a bit older, I can assure you that the health and safety of our guests is always at the top of our minds, and cleanliness is not something that we sacrifice. Do you have specific feedback about what you were off-put by? You're right, a vacation should be nothing short of happy and relaxing, and I want to see where we could've stepped things up during your trip.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Interesting hotel. 3 of 3 this trip. This place offers a great buffet breakfast, in suite fort with bunk bed (to bad everyone is exhausted to take advantage of), shuttle rides to the theme parks, three heated pools open till midnight with a poolside bar and jacuzzi. Unfortunately one must step into the shower, and lift the toilet seat to close the door. The room that leads to this is a combined closet, kitchen and other half of bathroom amenities, complete with microwave, fridge, hairdryer, 1x1 cupboard, an iron with no ironing board, and a coffee maker that makes 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup. Did I mention the king size bed is made of Springs and fabric. Nothing more refreshing than waking up to coiled hanger in your side. Rolling around or adjusting is useless only because another spring awaits its turn to refresh (gab/poke) the intended user. Replace the king size mattresses is a must or at least provide a 4" memory foam topper. Expedia users rated this place with 3 stars. I'm sure the rating will drop once I post my review.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank raubuchon75
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I completely understand how crucial a great night's sleep is, especially on vacation, so I'm sorry that you were off-put by our beds. As you mentioned at the start of your review, we have much to offer -- however, we're always looking to keep improving, and this kind of feedback from our guests is not taken lightly.

If you have any other thoughts on you experience over here or the serviced you received, I encourage you to let me know.