“Highly Recommended!”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We are on night one of a five night stay. I'm completely impressed with this hotel. The room was spotless. The young girl at the front desk was so nice. The pool is wonderful. Prices in the food places here are so reasonable. The kids love the kids suite. I definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Now, the only thing that I see that needs fixing is the fact that if you are sitting at the round umbrella table by the first pool, and you are wet from the pool, if you touch the fence, or as my husband did, brush his back against it, you WILL get a nice jolt of electricity. We told the bartender about it, thinking something was wrong, but he said it always does that. Now, I would think, if that is known, management would at least put up a sign. Had it been one of my children who that happened to, I wouldn't be so calm about it . .

• Stayed March 2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Sarah, thank you so much for sharing your review with us! It really means the world to me to know you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. Thanks as well for the note about the fence, it's something I will look into right away. Otherwise, hopefully we'll see you again someday!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Jan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Aston, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was my second year attending the Disney Pro Soccer (MLS) Classic pre-season training tournament. Both years I stayed at the Seralago in Kissimmee for most of the tournament. Overall, my experience was pretty good. The hotel offers great value for its location only five minutes from Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports venue. Since the Pro Soccer Classic runs over 2 weeks both years we booked increments of 2 nights at the Seralago, and traveled elsewhere in FL on off days and returned. In total, over 2 years I've stayed in five rooms in the hotel. 4 of them were fine; what I'd expect from a budget hotel. The 5th night was in a room that I think time forgot; if we had any energy we would have moved. Generally everything worked, housekeeping was efficient, wifi even worked (something their $100+/nite competitors can't seem to manage). The rooms are bare bones - older bathrooms,, clunky analog TV's, no free breakfast. Next door to the hotel is Old City Kissimmee, surprisingly fun at night after the games - multiple bars, bands, shopping, and games. Out of the 12+ hotels I've stayed in in Orlando/Kissimmee over the past few years the staff at the Seralago was the most pleasant, odd since it's probably the least expensive place I've stayed. As a final note, the nighttime Tiki bar at the main pool has a great bartender, is inexpensive, and is a great place to unwind after an 8 hour day after the tournament.

Room Tip: I suspect extremely busy weeks increase your likelihood of getting a crappy room (Daytona, for examp...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank william g
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Bill, It’s great that you’ve been able to take advantage of our location during the pre-season training tournament these past few years — we consider ourselves lucky to be so close to Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports venue. It sounds like you’re pretty familiar with us by now and we’re glad that you’ve been able to have a great time when you stay with us without breaking the bank. We look forward to seeing you the next time you head our way.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were planning a surprise birthday party at one of the theme parks. So as you can imagine, money was already tight. So we decided to book here as per the reviews pretty much placed this hotel at an average rate. Please read this carefully so you don't make the same mistake we did. First, after booking we tried contacting the hotel to make sure everything was set for our arrival. No one picked up the phone the first six (6) attempts. We ended up calling the 1-800 line who gave us the same number to call as we have been trying. Then, they gave us another number to call which ended up being some other hotel. After a few other attempts a couple of days later, we finally got through. Everything was set. So, I though maybe this was going to be the only issue with the hotel. I have never being so wrong before. When we arrived, I drove around the hotel to get better a look while it was still daylight. With the exception of poor lighting, everything seemed fine from the outside. As we checked in, the front desk girls were very nice and polite. They were presentable and had good communication skills. We received two room key cards. As we got to our room, that's when we found out that one of the key cards was not working. No big deal. We were not going to be separated so, one key will suffice. As we entered our room, it had a very distinct smell. Till this day, I cannot say what it was. Beds were decent and clean. TV was very out dated. I mean, very out dated. The entertainment center housing the TV was in rough shape. It looked as if it was bought at a thrift store. No problem, we were not there to watch TV. There was a small 1.8 cu. ft. refrigerador. Probably more than enough for us. Right above thay, there was a small outdated microwave. It looked scary so we did not used it. There was no coffee machine. Iron and ironing board were neatly placed. As I tried to enter the restroom, I noticed that the door was actually slightly bigger than the door frame. Yes, it was stuck. That was an issue for us as we have a 4 year old that may need to used the restroom in the middle of the night. Also, commode was too close to door. If anyone tried opening the door while someone was on the commode, watch your knees. The floor in restroom and tub was in pretty bad shape. I wanted to take showers with shoes on. It looked as if this room was at one point a smoking room and all of that cloud of smoke got embedded on to floor. Walls were painted with brush as you can still see the brushes hair lines on the wall. The door hinges were rusted and they tried to cover it up with paint. Ceiling had mold stains around the light and the light was burning its cover. The tub was covered with what it looked to be a cheap rubbermaid tub cover. One of those that you can use to put over top of your tub. Yes, one of those. The soap holder was pealing apart. The tub floor felt as if the bought the cover one size bigger and was raised in middle. Shower head was loose and discolored and its face plate was off the wall. The pair job throughout the room was done by an amateur as ceiling color were on the walls and wall color were on the ceiling. There was also a work station which I thought it was nice. Problem is that there was only one (1) outlet. If you are planning to do business, hopefully you will be at a nicer hotel but if this is it, make sure you bring an outlet switch so you can plug in you laptop, cell, and any other equipment you may need. Yes, they have a computer in lobby but nothing beats doing work from the confort of your room. Better with a cup of coffee but no coffee pot in room. The AC unit had its face cover broken so rattles through the night, a lot. It did worked well as far as temperature. It was also very loud. Between my wife and I, we killed six (6) roaches during our stay. Bring roach spray if you are planning on staying here. While we're gone during the day, we intentionally left the blinds closed as to protect our valuables in room. Maid left blinds open after she finished cleaning our room. Also, the door lock was a little wobbly. This hotel is pretty much what it is. A cheap stay. Pool area and Tiki bar were kept nicely. There was also a kids play ground area. With they way our room was, maybe the poles holding this play area together were also rusted and painted over. My kids are not test subjects so did not tried. Then on top of that, they have the courage to charge a resort fee. I've stayed at better paited, roach free hotels and paid no resort fee. Over all, it was a somewhat nice little (thank God) stay and we got what we paid for. So it is what it is. Oh, almost forgot; there is a gentleman in the lobby advertising for their new hotel who will give cash ($) for just checking them out plus a free breakfast, please stay away from him if you are in a time table. After talking this man over and over that we were on a time table he kept on insisting. I agreed for the second day. What he does not tells you us that in order to get you cash, you must go through a two (2) hour tour. Which means, if you are visiting one of the theme parks, it will be close to 12:30 before you make it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Roy G
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Roy, thank you for offering us a detailed review of both your room and your overall stay. As far as our price point goes, we feel that it is competitive and makes sense with the amenities that we offer. I am disappointed that our hotel did not live up to your expectations, though. Did you voice your concerns regarding your room and bathroom during your stay? I know it may seem like a hassle to switch things up, but we are more than willing to accommodate, as we want our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed. With that said, it is clear that we have some work to do.

I want to apologize for failing to close your blinds back up. When it comes time to clean the rooms, the natural light helps to see what needs to be done, and it was our mistake.

We will continue to challenge ourselves to improve, and do our best to offer a quality fun, and exciting experience. I thank you for speaking up.

Take care,
Jan, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Norton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the years and I have given good reviews before of this place so it is too bad that my recent stay will be my last stay. I checked out after 1 night and went elsewhere. It was awful. I paid for the upgrade to a kid suite which was a big hit with the kids but I couldn't get past how old, run down and just plain grimey everything was. The kid beds smelled like pee, the drawer pulls were visibly dirty like the kind of grime that accumulates with years of use, I wouldn't walk in the room without shoes on, the pool was beyond packed. Unattended young kids were running wild everywhere, teens were hanging out in the playground and behaving inappropriately, the parents didn't care. They say you get what you pay for and even though it was only $79 I still feel ripped off!!! Never again!!!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank pwillia
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
It's too bad to read that you were turned off by your last stay here. We work hard to keep up our place and ensure that our guests are feeling comfortable and well taken care of -- it's a shame to hear that didn't show through during your stay. Needless to say, I will be following up with the rest of the staff, as cleanliness is not something that we take lightly.

As far as the pool area goes, we do keep tabs on what's going on out there, work to watch out for the safety of our guests, however, and step in when necessary. However, it is not necessarily our place to advise parents on how to handle their children -- I hope that makes sense.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Unfortunatly I did not research this place well enough before booking. I needed something quick for a last minute trip the price and location was good and according to the booking engine I used the reviews were good. But this place was nothing what I expected. We ariived and checked in the staff was nice but not the place, my daughter's bed the sheets are not fitted and by the time she woke up the next morning all wrapped in the sheets, she woke up complaining she itched. When we looked she was covered in bites.. Yup beg bugs! We called upfront and said what happend they said they would move us but we did not want to stay, so they refunded us the money. But we had to pack all in bags not to bring anything back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Betty M
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Betty, I'm terribly sorry that this happened. Although rare, this happens in most hotels in America and abroad and there is nothing a hotel can do to prevent this as the guest is bringing them in through clothing or luggage. Unfortunately bed bugs are an epidemic in this country and oversees. When discovered, the room is properly treated by an established pest control company and guaranteed for occupancy again.

bluffton,sc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girls and I stayed here for quick trip to Disney and it was conviently located and place called Old Town was within walking distance, great place!!!! Clean room, little noise but average place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you and your girls had a successful trip, which is great to hear. We hope you think of us again next time around.

All the best,
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We spent a night here last year on our family vacation. The hotel is older and needs updates. We needed to be moved from the first room due to mould on the walls. When I asked to be moved and showed the staff the walls, they were very accommodating. The room that we moved to was fine! This is not a resort by any means, but has nice salt water pools and friendly staff. It is located in a great area with lots of eating establishments and souvenir shops and 15 to 20 minutes away from Disney and sea world. If your not looking for a resort but an affordable place to stay.......this is the place to go!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your encouraging words, Debra. While I apologize for the initial room, I'm glad that we ended up being able to get you and your family set up nicely.

All the best,