“Seralago Inn”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #93 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hmm, I guess it is a case of "what you expect" ... (just took a quick look at some of the other reviews).

Quite honestly, we had just come from an incredibly bad experience along the I-95, in St Augustine (see notes below), so this room was like heaven. We arrived by car in Orlando one day early for our "reservation" elsewhere, and were concerned about getting a room (lots of other motels along this highway were backed up in the lobby for walk-in registrations").

The desk staff were very pleasant, and they took out "hotel coupon". We got a nice enough room (no smells), and the pool was great. No "continental breakfast", but after 4 of those already ...!

So, if you do not like this place, you should try your luck along the I-95 (and I-75 for that matter):
- Sleep Inn, Harrisburg, PA: had an indoor pool, but the water was a bit too cold, room nice enough, nice enough breakfast. Price reasonable for what we got.
- Quality Inn, Selma NC: acceptable enough, and consistent with the price.
- Howard Johnson, St Augustine: grossly overpriced room, stunk to high-heaven of smoke even though there was a no-smoking sign on the door, because the traffic was heavy in the area they were gouging, atrocious experience - DO NOT stay here (PS: I have already passed this information to Wyndham, but they do not seem to care).

I will find a good one we used along the I-75, and mention the horrific ones.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Doug, I'm glad you were able to provide a pleasant stay for you guys, and I appreciate you taking the time to offer us a bit of feedback. It sounds like you were able to recover from that previously bad experience and enjoy your trip.

Next time you're back this way, we hope you think of us!

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Seralago Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here in October of 2011 (not October 2013, but it would not let me choose a date that far back). As a family on a very tight budget, we were looking for a place that would accomodate a family of 7, reasonably priced and not far from Disney World. After much research, we decided on the Seralago. Check in was smooth, no problems. The lobby was decorated for Halloween and there was a Jack-o-Lantern contest going on, which was awesome! The entries were all very well done, and our family enjoyed looking at each one and thenvoting for our faves. Our room was as expected, and just as described. We were in close proximity to the pool, but it was a little cool for us to go swimming. The parking lot did need some repair. Overall we were pleased with the Seralago and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for passing this along, Jere. It sounds like you guys are due for a trip back to our place! I'm glad that you and your family had a memorable experience over here, and we look forward to having you back someday.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and our children have been staying at this hotel since 1994. Originally it was the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. We have ALWAYS enjoyed our stay and we have come back almost every single year since then. Our yearly vacation to Florida would not be complete without our connecting with our "family" away from home. From Jan, the GM, Eskayra in the Food Court, to Myrta in the restaurant, Gary in the bar and certainly Don the bellman….we have always been treated well.
Our rooms have always been clean, housekeeping is prompt and professional, security is wonderful and the amenities are consistent with a solid and safe hotel. We have begun to bring our grandkids south and will continue to do so. They have met friends from all over the world from staying at Seralago, we connect with other people from Maine who stay here the same week that we do. It has been so nice to give our kids and now our grandkids this wonderful experience! We could stay at other hotels but for us, the comfort and knowledge that we are welcomed yearly guests and are treated like family seals the deal for us. We would never stay elsewhere. I am a career long teacher, coach and administrator in public education and consider myself to have high standards. The folks at the Seralago Hotel have never let us down. We will see you all in 25 days.

Room Tip: We stay in the family suites poolside every year!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Well, this makes 24 days! We're looking forward to providing another great stay for you and your family -- and we really appreciate you taking the time to write up this review. I'm humbled by your kind words, and I'm eager to share your message with the rest of the staff.

See you very soon!

Jan

Reviewed 21 March 2014

After reading many people's reviews I wonder why do you stay if it's not fit,I had walked into hotels and walked right back out,so if it's too much trouble to pickup and move then it can't be that bad.I had stayed at this hotel over the years many times,I will be there again next month for 9 days.Yes this hotel is a little outdated but it is clean,the grounds are beautiful,security are great and so are the cleaners.And I have never felt so safe as I do there.The Wifi is slow but a call to the office and they do send someone out to look.This year there is about 40 family members going some first time others like myself have been there 5-6 times always for 8-10 days.I say if you want a hotel with up to date furniture then go across the street andpay 150-180 nightly.See you next moth guys can't wait.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Dot S
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thanks, Dot! It sounds like you're pretty familiar with our place, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We're looking forward to having you and your family stay with us next month!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The drawers were falling apart as we tried to store our belongings in them. There was trash left over from previous stay behind the furniture. There was long brown hair in the bathroom and sink area (NOT OURS). The sink had dredge built up and the sink stopper was broken so we could see all that nastiness. Bath mat was dirty. The toilet was stained and the entire bathroom/ sink area was uninviting and uncomfortable. I didn't want to "touch" anything. Nobody wants to feel like that in their room. The vents were full of built up dust. There was rust in the door hinges. The room corners were "dark" and unclean. The TV worked intermittently and the "free" internet rarely worked and when it did, only for a couple minutes a time. Flat sheets cover the bed with no mattress cover, unless you sleep like a log, you are liable to wake up with the sheets pulled off the bed and facing a bare mattress..Nasty...

Regarding the service, the check in lady seemed to be having a bad day and I couldn't help wish that I was checked in by one of the other women at the front desk just so I could have had a pleasant arrival. Some people were getting really sweet service and my lady was just so uninviting and disinterested that it ruined my day. On another occasion, my son had a problem with something in the game room and the lady at the front desk was so rude to him he had tears in his eyes (he is 10). When I went to her for help on his behalf, she handed me the phone and pressed a number without warning the person on the other end that a customer was on the line. So needless to say, the person wasn't ready for me, and had to come from behind the wall to scold her for her behavior.

The cleaning ladies were fairly nice and consistent.

Good location, there were shuttles to Disney/Universal. It was located close to the highway so easy to find. The pools were nice sized and looked clean.

I tolerated the stay because we spent most of our time away from the hotel. Needless to say, I will never go back and I will do my best to encourage people to steer clear of this location. I will gladly pay and extra 40 dollars a night for cleanliness, comfort and pleasant service. I guarantee you can find a nicer hotel for not much more than the 63 dollars a night we paid.

I understand maybe they aren't a luxury hotel but they really could do a better job of cleaning, providing friendly service, and updating the hotel.

Room Tip: for a good room, choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Zak, I sincerely appreciate you expressing your concerns. When did you come and stay with us? The type of service that you've described is far from the way we want to represent ourselves, and I would like to apologize -- both for the unpleasant welcoming, and for the way your son was treated. We want to be the ones who are making your day, not the other way around, and I am embarrassed that you weren't provided with consistently inviting service.

Did you happen to mention anything to us about your concerns with your room? When there's a problem, or any sort of hiccup, we want to be able to take care of it asap to ensure that our guests are well taken care of.

I hope that you all were still able to enjoy your time here, and again, I appreciate you letting me in on your concerns. I will be following up with the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Myself and my family stayed here for our Spring Break vacation. My children were SO excited to be in Florida (away from the COLD!) and when this property was booked (as like many other posts have said) the pictures were VERY deceiving. I too experienced A LOT of what other reviewers have stated. The room smelled like pee (which I am starting to wonder if this is considered an amenity by now), we did have a coffee pot but it was not cleaned out for a couple days straight, the bathroom floor was not cleaned before we came and definitely didn't get cleaned until I meantioned to the Manager that I've been looking at the same hairs since I arrived. One of the comments on here from one of the the Managers is that they take cleanliness serious... I highly disagree as it is was absolutely disgusting. When I did bring it the attention of the Manager three days into our stay he seemed understanding... the coffee pot was cleaned ASAP along with the bathroom floor, but to cover up that awful Pee smell they decided to spray some sort of perfumed spray that literally almost choked us out of the room. The next day we come to find out there was no coffee restocked after they cleaned it (later to find out the night before we left that you have to request it... would of been nice knowing that when we checked in), but even if we did want to request more coffee we come to find out our phone didn't even work. We are now four days into our stay... we were offered to move rooms on the fifth night but we had now been in the room for 4 nights and had one night left and with two kids you can imagine how much would of had to be packed up. We decided to suffer through it as we were leaving the following day. Now I understand this is not a 5 star hotel, but it truly didn't feel (except with the one manager and one reception worker) like anyone cared about their customers. It was truly sad. I will say one positive things though... the girls who work in the Food Court and in the Breakfast Buffet area were great! Thank you to them for making our stay a little enjoyable. So sad... not sure if my girls will ever be able to experience Florida again which makes it even sadder that we had such a poor experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a map of where your room is located. We did not receive one and wondered aroun...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tracgrl w

Hi there, my responses to these reviews are not simply ideals of how we would like to be. We do take cleanliness seriously, and we work hard as a team to bring our guests a pleasant experience. However, there is always going to be room to impress, and I am glad that we're able to receive this kind of feedback so that we know where to focus our attention. TripAdvisor is a wonderful tool for us, and people like yourself encourage us to make changes to better suite the needs of our guests. For example, we need to make it more clear how to request a restock for coffee, and check that all of our phones are working properly. That's not something that should slip by us, and I appreciate you mentioning it.

I am disappointed that you were less than impressed by your stay, and it makes me sad to think that your girls may not have enjoyed themselves. We are very focused on providing all sorts of activities to keep everyone entertained and having fun, and I sure hope that they will be able to think back positively on their experience. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts, as we are are eager to keep this from being a typical experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel in Orlando. The staff was unfriendly. The first room smelled like urine. The second one was a little bit better but not good. The bed was terrible. You could feel the springs and my wife is small about 110 lbs and she could feel them also. The room, the decor and the microwave were from the 80's. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wes M
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Wes, while we don't think of ourselves as a luxury hotel, we feel that we have a lot to offer. From our amenities, to our service, and community feel, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with any enjoyable experience at a good price. It's a shame to hear that you and your wife were disappointed, and I'm a bit shocked to hear unfriendliness associated with our staff. Did you have any particular run-ins with anyone? I would love to know more, so that this type of feedback doesn't become typical.