“good place close to old town”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean neat and tidy. Friendly staff good food in the food court. don`t expect a Cadillac at ford prices. Nice pools and gardens, rooms a little dated but in a recession who can afford to update. To eat in room buy disposable cutlery cups etc
Great location to old town and the car cruise.
I can imagine it is a major undertaking to renovate all those rooms!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank parkwaycottages
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Sounds like you had a good time over here. Thank you for sharing! We hope you'll think to stay with us again if you're ever back this way.

Take care,
Jan, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Do not stay here unless you absolutely have to. Everything is outdated. One of the plug outlets melted my phone charger. There was paint chipping off in the shower. Mold in the corners of the rooms. My bed sheets felt damp. The women at the front counter were rude and not welcoming. Overall horrible experience. I did not sleep at all and could not wait to get out of the place.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Kimberly31312
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Kimberly, I am sincerely sorry that you were upset with your experience over here. It is very important to us that your guests feel welcomed from the beginning to the end of their stay, and I apologize that this was not this case during your visit. Please know that the rest of the staff will be brought up to speed with your review. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as we do have a quality guarantee policy.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My experience was very good, room was very clean, and for the price you can expect the worse, but is not, good price and you have a bed to sleep, I recommended a few family and friends to this hotel and they loved it. Close to the parks and also offer shuttles.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ysayus

Thank you for your review and recommendations! Your support is much appreciated. All the best, Jan, General Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It had been almost 2 years since our last stay at this hotel so when we saw a good deal for it on Groupon we jumped on the opportunity. I thought I knew what to expect since I had such a great experience before but I was sorely disappointed.

I wonder if they give their worst rooms to those that pay the cheapest rates because we were assigned to a back building and the rooms we've had in previous years closer to the front of the property were in much better shape.

The room was very dated and dirty with a sticky carpet that must have many year's worth of spills and bodily fluids on it. There was mold in the wall decor. The bathroom is old and very dated and dirty, there was somebody else's hair in the bathtub and you could see everywhere in the room that there is no attention to detail given when cleaning so the room is in need of a deep clean.

We came very close to checking out on the first day but decided that we get what we paid for and to stick to it since I didn't see any bugs and it would be a hassle to hunt for a new hotel at the last minute when we would be out of the room all day anyway and just needed a place to crash.

Unfortunately I fear that there may be bedbugs as we all woke up with bug bites.

The common areas are in much better shape than our room though, the pool area was nice, the lobby was ok and the fenced in playground was a very welcome amenity for our toddlers. We had great service at their restaurant.

I doubt that we will stay there again unless we read of a major refurbishment of the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms in the buildings closest to the lobby are in better shape.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bandora

Bandora, would you please reach out to me directly with your room number if you can remember? We take something like bed bugs very seriously, and if there's even the slightest possibility of their presence, we want to take care of things ASAP.

Additionally, I wish that you would've mentioned something to us if you were not happy with your room. If there were any open rooms that would've better suited you, we would've been happy to get things right. I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but I do appreciate you mentioning your thoughts.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had to sleep with the lights and the tv on because of the roaches.I woke my husband up because I was killing the roaches on the wall with a shoe how gross and our friend got bed bugs.We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: no good rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah_L343
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Deborah, this raises a huge red flag. Cleanliness is always top of mind and we want our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed. Did you mention the roaches to us while you were here? We want to take care of this kind of thing ASAP, and unless it's voiced at the time, it's difficult to proactively fix the situation.

Additionally, if you're friend would be able to reach out to us directly with more details about their stay, it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately bed bugs are an epidemic in this country and oversees. When discovered, the room is properly treated by an established pest control company and guaranteed for occupancy again. There is not much we as a hotel can do to keep guests from bringing them in through luggage and clothing.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Where can you find a nice, clean hotel close to Walt Disney World for less than $50 per night? That would be the Seralago. I have stayed ay many, many other lower-priced hotels in the Orlando-Kissimmee area, and they have all been disappointments. The main problem with those was cleanliness. They were all dirty, with rooms smelling of mold. The other problem was upkeep. Well, you will not find any of that nonsense at the Seralago, and trust me, I know- I've stayed there numerous times. What you will find are basic rooms that are extremely clean, and they have recently been renovated. Honestly, after all these visits, I still do not know how in the world they can keep up this level of upkeep at these prices. Everything you need for a great vacation is right here, although you should not expect luxury accommodations. Check-in and out are slow, too. Other than that, this is one wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Building A, which is the first building, if you're planning to walk to the next-door att...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarCrazyMarc
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thanks again for showing your support of Seralago! We're happy you all enjoyed your stay once again, and we really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about the kind of accommodations that we have to offer.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family booked 2 rooms for an 8 night stay at the serelago the hotel is older and needs some updates but the room was clean. If you only plan on sleeping and showering while on vacation at the hotel then this is a great place. Pool is great and the location is awesome. All in all it was a good stay

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank dolphin110173

Thank you! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again sometime.

All the best,