“Great Price, Great Location”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Price, Great Location”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

My husband and I stay here almost every time we go to Disney. The location is great and is only a few miles away from the Disney main gate. We only use the room for sleeping and showering since we spend the majority of our time at the amusement park, so obviously we don't need a fancy schmancy place to stay. It's relatively quiet at night, and we've never felt unsafe staying here. They offer a free shuttle to the parks, although we have never used it, since it's only about a five minute drive away and we prefer to come and go on our own schedule. The staff is always friendly and prompt and the price is great. With their awesome military discount, we have never paid more than $40 a night. Their restaurants are okay, nothing spectacular and a tad overpriced for the quality. I'd save my money and go to one of the many restaurants that are within walking distance. I've never been to the bar because it's usually closed by the time we come back from Disney.

We've stayed here on about six separate occasions and have only gotten one really awful room (shower was broken, sheets were dirty, door hinge was falling off), and with one phone call to the manager, we were immediately moved to a much better room AND given a free night's stay. There's a tiny game room, inside the lobby with a few crane games, pinball machine, basketball game, etc. It's a good place to keep the kids entertained for a while. Although I have yet to swim in the pools, they've always looked nice and pristine. My only major complaint about the hotel is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms, but they do have wi-fi in the hotel lobby. Hopefully they'll get with the times and equip the rooms with internet access soon.

I highly recommend the Seralago to anyone traveling on a budget. While it's definitely not a five star resort, it's quite comfortable for the price you pay and you can't beat the location (unless you're actually staying on Disney property!)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ScrewyLewie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
St Augustine
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I made reservations at this hotel for a children’s suite. Showed up at the hotel at 7:30 pm to check in with my family. I went to the counter and they gave me my room key, I go to the room and it’s a room with 2 full size beds. Obviously its some mistake I think. I go back to the desk and they tell me they are sold out and they do not have any children’s suites left. I spoke to another person that had the same issue. I spoke to a third person who was given a room of one night but then would have to move to the room they reserved on the next night. Seems that they give the rooms to the folks who pay full rate for the rooms vs anyone that has a discount. I asked why they didn’t tell me up front. All I got was a blank stare from the staff behind the counter. I guess they just figure that you will take any room they give you and you should be happy. The manger was of no help. At first they said there was nothing they could do, and then offered me 50% off. Finally, they did offer me a room at $25 per night and a hand full of arcade game tokens but it ruined a nice weekend for the family. If you get a discount rate be aware that you will probably not get the room you reserved! The rooms are tired and beds are full size beds and only 2 pillows per bed. Rooms only had enough towels for 2 people and requests for more towels went unanswered. We had to take pool towels back to the room. Towels were very rough and thin.. Pool was crowded. Even though they say no smoking its not enforced and due to the bar at the pool and everyone smoking around the pool it was difficult to enjoy the pool area. If you are a smoker it would be fine. Room fixtures worked fine and seemed to be clean. We did not eat in the restaurant on site. Arcade room had one pin ball machine, 4 prize machines, air hockey and car driving and motorcycle driving video games and a couple of others. Most games took 2 tokens which was about 50 cents. For the price you can stay in nicer accommodations in the area. I might stay there again, but I would look for better accommodations in the area first.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

liverpool
Reviewed 2 June 2009

perfectv location next to old town great comfy beds excellant cleaning service bar reasonable but rarely open great pool and spa .pools perfect hot tub very hot and relaxing wonderful laundery lots of lizards and frogs out side. park car outside your door clean towels every day cant wait to go back hair dryer. iron hanging space and air con staff helpful and friendly good security.dont listen yo bad reviews unless you expect luxury and are really fussy i had one room for me husband and son was great

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed at the Seralago from May 5th to 12th. It was myself, my wife and our twin six years olds. We booked a kidsuite room and it was excellent. We had the circus themed one and the kidsuite was completely enclosed, like a seperate room inside the room which was nice for the kids to be able to have their tv loud without bothering us and vice-versa. The fridge and microwave were adequete and worked well. It was a bit dated looking but very clean and well kept.

The pools and pool areas were also well kept and clean. Staff at the hotel were always helpful and courteous. The maids did a great job on the room every day we were there.

Being right next to Funspot and Old Town was nice. There's enough space and barriers that the noise at night isn't noticeable, even on bike night where there were tons of motorcycles racing in and out of Old Town. There's lots of restaurants and grocery stores in the area and it's a quick drive out to the major attractions.

We loved our time there and will likely stay there again on our next trip down. Can't beat the price and the location.

2 Thank Judobum
Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2009

What a DUMP!!!!
Much better places in the area for less money. Since i work in the travel industry my wife and i like to try out a broad range of properties when we travel. Seralago is by far one of the worst values for the money that I have run into. If you are looking for a budget priced hotel with a 2 - 3 star rating like the Seralago you can find many of them in the Orlando area for much less than the rates here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackDawsonFlorida
long island ny
Reviewed 13 May 2009

No major improvements have been made since our last stay in May 2005.
The pools and grounds are clean and well kept. The room was once
again clean (even the windows)-but the furnishings and bath are outdated.
The restaurant & shop are great. We selected breakfast from the regular menu-(the buffet looked ok) and were pleased by the selections & quantity. The hostess was
very nice. The front desk were quick and polite to change my room when it was
not in the location I had requested. Overall, another pleasant stay at Seralago.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Tampa Bay, FL
Reviewed 11 May 2009

We just returned from the Seralago Hotel after a 2 night stay. We wanted a budget hotel near our home for a quick weekend getaway with our daughter.

Overall the trip was very pleasant. Check in and out were very quick. We book a standard room with 2 twin beds for 2 nights breakfast included. The room and hotel are outdated, you can tell that the building was repainted many times. The bathroom mirror was faded, faucets with a little rust on them, a lamp in the room had a loose screw on the knob, the bedroom door was stuck and we had to push hard to open it. There was a small fridge and microwave, iron and ironing board, a small shampoo bottle and bar of soap. The fridge kept our beverages very cold and we did not use the microwave. The hotel had 2 large pools, playground, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court jaccuzzis and kid's pool. The fitness center had only three exercise machines. The pool area was nice and clean, but the paint on the bottom of it was peeling. They were plenty of clean towels.

Breakfast was ok. They offered, fresh fruit (orange and grapes) some sweet rolls, pancakes, eggs, oatmeal, bacon and sausage, orange juice, coffee, V8. Not very tasty but good enough to start the day.

The service and location were awesome. Everyone was very polite altough our room was outdated it was kept very clean. The grounds, pools, reception area were all clean and I didn't notice any "old hotel" smell which I hate. They were security driving around all the time and we didn't feel unsafe at all. This is more like a motel than a hotel. We only paid $50.00 a night(Fl resident rate) with breakfast so we can't complain. I personally would not pay more than that to stay at this hotel/motel. We did not use the arcade, movie theater or the restaurant/snack area because we spend most of Saturday and Sunday at Animal Kingdom. We use the pool once, room and breakfast twice. This worked for us for a quick weekend getaway, but I wouldn't stay longer than 3 nights.

Hope this helps!