3,091 results
All reviews old town room suite fun spot kiddie pool tubs tiki
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was a part of Selloffvacations.com through Westjet Vacations. As it was a Westjet Vacations package I thought... It cant be that bad...

I was hesitant of the place as with the proper photo editing software or the right angle and a fresh coat of paint someone could turn a dive into something respectable.

I should of listened to my Gut... This is the worst motel I have ever set foot in. We switched rooms as the first one had mold on the walls and the light switch didn't work, fridge didn't close bathroom was dirty and I had to put my shoulder into the door in order for it to open and it would not close or lock. We also asked for a queen bed not 2 double beds but that was the least of my concern. The second room not only had the same issues but the telephone didn't work and there was some slimy liquid on the dresser I had to use my flashlight on my cell in order to see what it was as the lights did not work.

I still cant believe Westjet would think this is an acceptable place to stay. I informed them and currently am looking at getting refunded the amount I paid extra to stay at a nearby hotel which was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt S
LuisG6750, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Matt,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, it is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our services and product. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team to review. Please accept our deepest apologies for the sub-par experience during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and a memorable stay for each of our guests and it saddens us to learn that we failed to do so on this occasion. We are disappointed that you did not bring your concern to our attention during your stay. We have no way of looking up your personal information, but it seems to me that you stayed for your entire vacation and did not ask to speak to management. We can not address your concerns unless you bring them to our attention. Our housekeeping team would never leave slimy substances on a dresser! Why would they do that? It takes twenty seconds to wipe down a dresser. A room like the one you described would never be released because all of our rooms are inspected two times to insure cleaning standards are being kept. I honestly don't think you stated the true reason why you were dissatisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So what can I say about this hotel? I have been here several times and have written 2 previous reviews about them and one was bad and one was good. This time when I stayed it was bad. I really think this hotel is a hit or miss kind of place. I really believe it is all about who is on duty. during this most recent stay Johanna P. the desk clerk was super sweet and efficient but that is where the good service ended.

During this stay, I was on business for a PR firm and I was traveling with an older woman. Our room was way in the back which was a little scary for two women. when we arrived we had trouble opening the door. Upon entering the room it was dirty, musty and the door was completely rusted.

We called the front desk and were told no other rooms were available. So my business partner and I stropped the bed laid down a blanket we had in our car and slept with beach towels over us. In the morning we were a wee bit cranky bit so decided to have breakfast. thought a hot cup of coffee and food would help before our long trip back.

Our coffee was lukewarm so we ask for juice instead was told we would be charged for the extra drink fine we said. Went to go eat and most of the food was lukewarm. So we grabbed a peice fruit and a bagel paid way more than we should have had to and left. No discount as promised at the desk.

I do believe this is a place that depends on their workers as to whether it's good or not. If the staff is taking pride in their work the rooms are clean and service good. If they are just there to collect a paycheck it is dirty and disgusting.

I admit I will need to find a new place for my business trips to Orlando. Overall I say take your chances if you dare.

Room Tip: My tip is to check your room to make sure it's clean before unloading your car.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Rebecca B
LuisG6750, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, it is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our services and product. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team to review. Please accept our deepest apologies for the sub-par experience during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and a memorable stay for each of our guests and it saddens us to learn that we failed to do so on this occasion. We hope you’ll visit us again soon, we are confident that you will have an excellent stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hiden charges where mandatory to pay. They call it "resort fee" and it supposed to be for the usage of the wifi and parking space.
Very dirty place with old carpets and shabby bathroom.
Internet very poor.
Never going back there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Eloisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, it is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our services and product. I have shared your comments with our Executive Team to review. Please accept our deepest apologies for the sub-par experience during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and a memorable stay for each of our guests and it saddens us to learn that we failed to do so on this occasion. I want to assure you that all fees are published, the resort fee is for the following: Shuttles to all the parks, Wi-Fi, Kids eat free, Dive in movies, shuttles to the outlets, free newspapers, maintenance for two large pools and access to tennis court which includes rackets and ball. Ms. Eloisa we are disappointed that you did not bring your concerns to our attention regarding the lack of attention given to your suite and given us the opportunity to address immediately. We hope you’ll visit us again soon, we are confident that you will have an excellent stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I will just say, the AC in the room was not working correctly, they sent maintenance twice, he said, just move the bed away and it should cool off!! The place is a dump and you get charged 10.00 resort fee!! I called the office three times but they don’t care. Pool chairs look disgusting, it is still badly run since the last time I was here!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hrivera72
LuisG6750, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly we booked this hotel for a last minute reservation and it was awful. There was no privacy curtain in the room + there was a urine stain on our sheets. The beds did not have mattress protectors and service took forever. Would have preferred sleeping in my car.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends