“The best 10 days of Winter” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
Ranked #28 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ontario, Canada
“The best 10 days of Winter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was just recently @ Tropical Palms with my wife and 8 month old along with my in laws and brother in law. We had the best time ever, we played shuffle board together for a few hours every morning and sat by the pool for a few hours every afternoon and had a couple of wobbly pops along the way. I would recommend staying here if you want to be close to Disney but not right in the hustle and bustle. Overall, great 10 days away from winter....

Room Tip: This is a trailer park, the trailers are all very well kept..
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank MrsC44
TropicalPalmsGSM, General Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, 11 December 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We continually look for ways to improve the quality of each individual's stay at Tropical Palms, and your comments towards this goal will be carefully reviewed. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

My family and I recently visited Orlando to enjoy the Disney parks. Several of us are annual passholders and visit the parks quite often, we are veteran Orlando travelers to say the least. This time, my parents were traveling with an RV, their new "toy," and so we chose to stay at Tropical Palms, literally less than five minutes from Disney. There was some kind of deal where if you booked an RV campsite, you would receive a discount on a (pet friendly!) cottage rental. I'm pretty new to RV travel, so when I hear "campsite" and "cottage" I don't know what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised.

The cottage where we stayed was actually like a big double-wide trailer, everything sparkling new, clean and very well-equipped. It even came with wine glasses! The cottage had a "master bedroom" with a (pretty small) double bed, a guest bedroom with two twin bunkbeds and an additional twin bed, and the couch in the living room was a foldout. Both of my sisters and each of our significant others plus my large dog stayed pretty comfortably in this setup. Mind you, we're young and used to sleeping on couches and such, so I'm not sure if you were really concerned about sleep comfort, this would be good an extended period of time, but for us it was so effective. Not a lot of privacy, so it's best suited to friends and family who don't mind being in close quarters.

It was a huge relief to be able to travel with my dog and not worry. The cottage has laminate wood floors throughout, so there was nothing much for her to mess up. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this to my friends with children!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank greendoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed at Tropical Palms for the first time and I loved it. People are friendly, nice pool and palms all over the campground. I stayed in my travel trailer and it was great. They have everything you might need - convenient store, propane - even rental car company with nice rental cars available on site. Great place! Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012
6 Thank Matthew H
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just returned from our vacation at Tropical Palms and enjoyed it very much. The grounds were beautiful and we really enjoyed the pool(Happy Hour M-F). There are lots of things to do while visiting the restort. Extra dinners to attend with a band, Superbowl party (plans in the works)etc.
Disney is close by and that is a plus.
Staff were friendly as well.
We made many new friends and did not meet any person with a negative thing to say about
the resort. In fact most of the folks, were ones that had been there for years and kept coming
back.
We will return next year as well. :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank margeCanada
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

i stayed here for the Xmas holiday with my wife and three kids. We had a splendid time. it certainly helped that a warm front came through and gave us eighty degree weather on Xmas!!! the cottage we stayed in was a deluxe cottage. The cottage was clean, had all the amenities we wanted (iron, full kitchen, wifi). The wife and kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the walks around the resort. There is also a small convenient store, where we got frozen pizzas and refreshments. All in all it was a great place to stay and would be near the top of where we would stay again if we're in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Umm... get one of the deluxe cottages cuz I was told they are only 2-4 years old.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Travelninja76
Hephzibah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My family and I arrived the week prior to Christmas 2011 and were excited because we have stayed here 3 other occasions over the past 10 years and were booked into a "premium" cottage. It appeared well maintained and clean but to our horror it was infested with roached. We killed no less than 20 on our first night there. We were moved into a brand new cottage that had never been occupied and the air did not work and was moved yet again to another cottage. Though this cottage was obviously intended to be an upgrade I was diasppointed as it seemed to have a roach problem as well in addition to a stopped up drain that backed water up into the tub while you were showering. The worst was the loud noise coming from the refridgerator that sounded like a "weedeater". I was very disappointed as we had purchased season tickets for Disney and planned to return in the summer for vacation and planned to book our vacation before we left. Needless to say we did no rebook and will not be returning. Very discouraging because the property is very well maintained and a good location. Not sure if ownership has changed since our previous stay but obviously they are focused on the cosmetic appearances and not the actual cleanliness of the facility

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Tina M
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed in Dec 2011 as it had been highly recommended. We were excited for Disney and its really close. The cabin we got which was a part of their special rate was disgusting! I mean it was old and falling apart. Even my 6 year old daughter was saying the rug wqas dirty. Everything was old and falling apart. The bathroom was not even inviting to take a shower. We complained and we were told all their old cabins were like that and we were told on the phone when we rented. That was not true and we were upgraded to a new cottage at no extra cost. The new cabin was very nice and clean... I still would probably not go again as I would be afraid on what to expect! Good luck.

• Stayed December 2011