“Massive flea problem”

Ranked #129 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“Massive flea problem”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

A massive flea and cock roach problem. Unclean rooms. Blood stains on the sheets of a room they said was clean. The female owner is rude and changes the rates. Male owner is hardly there. Flea and cock roach problem in rooms 101 and 102. Those two rooms I was in. Mold can be found on the side of the building on every floor. Rooms smell of strong ammonia and dirt stains all over the room. I observed the maids cleaning rooms but never changing the comforter.

Room Tip: Serious bug problem. Shady characters can be seen all hours of the day and night. Mold on outsid...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Chris A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

(As of August, 2013, this motel is the 'Star Motel,' not sure when it changed from the Super 8 and from the 'Super Motel.'

After looking for other motels and stopping at a couple of them we ended up here because my co-worker had stayed here before … turns out it was (10?) years ago.

Check-in was great.

Room was … hard to rate … see pictures.

House keep was great, bed was large with seeming new sheets that looked and felt ‘frozen fresh.’ The new(er), table and TV stand looked 1st class, new style lamps on the table with plug ins on them. Shower walls looked new.

BUT the carpeting was stained and very old, the doors and sink stand were chipped, window shades were loose, towels were course.

The front desk said they had a ‘store’ but I did not check it out, they also had a pool. It looked like it had been a while since the out door area’s had had an annual cleaning.

… my basics are clean, quiet and temp controlled and this fits that bill.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Saratoga Springs, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

there are many reasons I will not stay here again. Non smoking rooms smelled of smoke. Very loud until well after 10:00 because of pool. Parking lot was hangout for drunk teens and other large/scary groups. Called because no batteries in remote, no one ever came. Found old food under beds no one cleans under. You could get a tasty meal next door at Subway next to the tattoo parlor that had a drug bust in the parking lot while we were there. Not enough parking on fullhouse Saturday night.Overall i do not wish to repeat.Sorry Super 8!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tony l

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Vernon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I was attracted by the cheap weekly rate posted on their sign while I was staying at another value chain motel nearby, and the Super 8 reputation (I have never stayed with them before). I called to inquire and received pleasant service over the telephone but was told they don't accept reservations and to come over. But when we went to check in, I should have trusted my instincts. Jasmine handed over the key so I could "go take a look at the room". The room was fine, basic and dirty with surface dirt (spots on walls), worn spots in the carpet, silver duct tape on the dented lampshades, but overall, clean enough to stay in. I agreed to take the room and prepaid for the week. But after two hours in the room, we could not stay anymore. People were selling drugs, using drugs, partying, hanging around, making noise, dogs running around uncontrolled... and this was at 2 p.m. I was scared to hang around until nighttime, especially because I was travelling with my young son. The phone in our room did not work to call to the front desk, and the door was very insecure and looked like it could be knocked in. People walked by our second floor room almost constantly and the room was not soundproof. I decided for our safety and my sanity, to check out early. Without even staying the night.

I went to the front desk to tell them we were leaving and request a refund - I offered to pay the one night rate and wanted the rest refunded. That's when Jasmine told me about their "no refunds, no exchanges" policy and pointed it out on the sales invoice I had signed. I have never heard of a hotel with this policy and told her I was leaving due to safety concerns but she wasn't budging. I called the next morning and spoke with the General Manager, Reginald, who reiterated their no refunds/no exchanges policy but would not reveal the owner's information so I could discuss the policy and my experience with them. So now I've had to go up the ladder to Super 8 corporate customer service and we'll see if I get a refund.

Don't make the same mistake as I did. There are excellent value options along Highway 192 in Kissimmee - this is not one of them, unless you are comfortable with public drug use, profanity, and other unmannerly (and illegal) behaviours, not to mention a managerial policy designed to grab your money and hang onto it, even if you are not pleased with their service. I will not be staying at ANY Super 8 again as long as this location exists as part of their chain.

PS. The lobby was filthy, there was no continental breakfast as advertised, and if you dare to drink their coffee, you are braver than I!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family