“Far from perfect but not as bad as the reviews.”

Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 March 2014

There's no question this hotel needs some attention. My bathroom had a fair amount of rust, some mold and a leaking sink. The tv, not a flat screen, had poor reception and limited selections. They don't offer a free breakfast as most Howard Johnson's do. The common areas (sidewalks, stairs and such) need a cleaning. They bill themselves as a "resort" and charge a $2.50 resort fee. This is NOT a resort hotel. With that said, the beds are clean and fairly comfortable. The place is quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The service is great. Wolfgang is amazing. It's just a shame that the property doesn't match his service. The housekeeping supervisor (I forget her name) is equally friendly and helpful as was my housekeeper. Who was thrilled that I spoke Spanish,
Yes, this hotel isn't perfect but I'd recommend it for a night or two without hesitation. Just keep in mind you're not checking into a Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank irishguyinaz
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your very fair comments. We have had a number of displeasing reviews that we don’t feel we deserve, and it’s nice to hear from a guest who recognizes the combination of value and comfort we provide. If we fell short of exceeding your expectations in any way, however, I’m genuinely sorry. I hope to have you with us again soon.

1  Thank Mari R

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Checked into a bottom floor room and the bathroom was all rusty and the toilet was wobbly. Stayed a couple nights and I usually check for bugs and didn't initially look between the mattress but they found me the second night. Dont stay here unless they fix the bedbug issue and unfit living conditions. They gave me another room that night, but as I did my bedbug check, I pulled off the bed sheet and popped out a pink bra. It was so late that I moved onto the other bed after throughly checking it, besides the dirty bra the sheets are stained some pillows stained with blood floor is dirty and the service isnt great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bottom floor they seem to be lower quality and unfinished or run down. = Check f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment. We take the cleanliness of this hotel seriously, but I’m genuinely sorry for any ways in which we may have fallen short of satisfying you on this visit. Many guests are satisfied each week with the cleanliness and value we provide, but are not yet satisfying everyone, which is our goal. I apologize again to you.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica L

Reviewed 23 March 2014

1  Thank Ronale H
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

First room full of mold , Rust in bathroom stinks...I broke out in bad allergy. Went to office to find manager no one can contact him only by email, I emailed twice on order to get refund for check out still hasn't responded staff incompetent !!! I have pics to prove !!' Second room front desk gave me to hold me off while manager responded same GROSSS!! Had to by rubber slippers to at least tempt to bath !!! And still waiting for manage to call!!!! I'm sure he will get my lawyers call!! Good luck mr Sanjay!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ramos1980

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making your comments. We take the issues you raise very seriously. We are working daily to make this hotel a great experience for our staff, our guests and an asset to the community. I’m very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this case. Please rest assured that any unresolved issued will be taken care of, and you’re welcome to contact me directly if you still need additional assistance.

Reviewed 14 March 2014