“Good for one night...”

Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Before you read this and think this is another miserable moaning Brit... Please check out my other reviews all of which are positive.

Ok so this hotel was cheap and as it's only me in Orlando for 4 nights I thought I would give it a go.... The room is a little musty but the beds are comfortable. I have only managed to kill two cockroaches. All night the shower was dripping so I had the idea of putting a towel in the bath to mask the drips (the guy on reception congratulated me for this) any way it's been a whole day and the maintenance man has not turned up. The shower curtain is too high to reach the tub therefore the room floods. The air con unit is out of Starsky and Hutch and I sat on a chair and the arm came off in my hand (just as well it was not a child as its razor sharp).

The thing that has really annoyed me is the 24hour business centre which is closed as the PC has packed up.... Therefore I cannot print out the tickets I have purchased on line. I asked reception if I could email the link to them to print for me but was told the girl wasn't sure of her password..... And anyway it would cost me a dollar...

So folks if you want Enchantment this is most definitely not it -and I'm still wondering why I was charged a $2.50 a night resort fee...?

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that your experience at our hotel did not meet the level of quality and comfort you found in your stays elsewhere. I also sincerely apologize that the business center wasn’t functioning properly during your stay. I understand how frustrating that can be. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction, and we obviously fell short of meeting that goal in your case.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is a bit dated but the rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful (and immediately fixed a problem I had with the smoke alarm). Contrary to the recent negative reviews, we stayed for 16 nights and never encountered any roaches or bed-bugs (and housekeeping serviced the rooms daily).

If you’re looking for 5* luxury then this is not the hotel for you. However as a budget hotel, the pool and rooms were clean and the WIFI worked!

Room Tip: We stayed on the block furthest away from the pool (room 277)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I could smell bug spray the moment I walked through the door. The clerk at the desk said that the hotel has a bug problem. My son and I only saw ants at first but then the roaches started to show themselves. There was a holein the wall. The chair arm fell apart when my son tried to sit in the chair. The sheets had holes and pillowcases were dirty. The blow dryer didn't work. The topper was that there was no free shuttle service to the theme parks listed on the hotels web page instead you have to take public transportation- $2 each way. I will never stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for taking time to comment about our property. I’m very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in this hotel property and are taking action every day to make it nicer, cleaner and a better place to stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your needs on this occasion. We strive for satisfaction and obviously fell short of meeting that goal in your case.

Hotel Manager.