“Not horrible but it needs some TLC”

Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #124 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Montreal, Canada
“Not horrible but it needs some TLC”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We scored this place on Priceline for our recent Disney World vacation. The price we payed was fantastic (about 30$ a night) and we were only sleeping there, so we were not overly fussy. Contrary to what others have said, there were no bugs, garbage strewn all over, broken equipment in the room, etc. What we can concur with is the substandard cleanliness. Our bedsheets had...something...on them when we arrived and slept strategically that first night. The was some black mold in the room and there was a faint musty smell to our room. Neither of us had our allergies bothered by anything present, so we didn't fuss about it. The phone in our room was constantly blinking as if there was a message (there was none and the staff didn't know how to fix it). We ended up hiding the phone under the bed at night, so the light wouldn't bother us.
On the positive side, the staff were all friendly and helpful when we asked for something. The breakfast was (contrary to what some previous posts have said) good. It was not the standard motel fare of sugar, caffeine and dust but real food: bacon, eggs, ham and sausages. The breakfast costs 6$ per person and is buffet style. If this doesn't interest you, Bob Evan's is right next door and McDonald's is a short drive towards I-4 (amongst the myriad of options available on this strip). All the equipment in the room functioned well (expect the annoying light on the phone). The wifi was reasonably strong and always functioning. The beds were comfortable and we slept very well (though a full day at the theme parks could have helped).
Would I stay here again? Probably not unless the price was as amazing as it was this time. I really think this could be a fantastic establishment if it's given just a little more TLC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your fair comments and for refuting some of the hateful and negative comments left by others, apparently out of spite. Many, many guests are like you and recognize the combination of value and comfort we provide. I sincerely apologize that you found our housekeeping lacking, but I appreciate your fair assessment of other aspects of the property. We try to offer great value and hope the price is good enough that you will visit again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would not stay here, the room was disgusting the carpet was pulled up air condition did not work,bugs inside on walls,holes in walls toilet broken,the shower was nasty,remote and tv broken.towels were covered in hair.DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We get many positive comments and satisfy many customers, and we don’t have a record of any room with the severe problems you mentioned. Perhaps there is an error in your review. If you did indeed visit us, I’m sincerely sorry that we could not meet your needs. My goal is to provide a satisfactory experience in all cases, and we may have let you down in this case. Again, I apologize.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

On this one, you need to take the advise you give your kids before they do something they shouldn't. Stop and Think about it before you make the mistake of booking this place. We are a large family and are used to staying in a low budget hotel/motels but this one won't have our return business. Garbage all over the grounds, the same for days. TV Cable connection was broken, WIFI was either weak or didn't work at all, beds were sunk in the middle, the heat/ac unit thermostat was not functioning, it just kept getting colder and colder until I had to turn it off. Then the room got hotter and hotter until it woke us up and turn it on again. A vicious revolving pattern for two nights. Breakfast is about the same as any free breakfast hotel, but it's not free they charge for it. I never saw one person eating. Lastly, upon check out, i wasn't asked how our stay was, so I didn't share since they didn't care. It sure doesn't seem like they are looking for the return visits. Just a one and done experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We study all comments and use them to get better. Our goal is to provide a nice environment for our guests so they are 100 percent satisfied and will return to stay with us again and again. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your standards, and I hope you find a better combination of value and quality of accommodations in this area elsewhere.

Florida/North West UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Booked this hotel for 14nights price-line, so I didn't know what hotel I would be in until I had bid for it. Needless to say I got it for a great price. The first two rooms I was put in had hundreds of Bed Bugs in, not impressed at all. The third room was ok with no bugs. Old and dated, but perfectly fine for me on my own. Pool and hot tub where small but nice and clean.

So I would recommend this hotel if you want a very cheap motel. Just check for bed bugs before you sleep.

Room Tip: Check them your self first.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We strongly refute the allegation that there is an insect problem in some of our rooms. Obviously, if we had a problem in some rooms it would exist in all rooms. We sincerely apologize, however, for any ways we fell short of your expectations, however, and we thank you for your 14-day extended stay with us. We appreciate customers like you who book in for lengthy stays, and we do everything possible to make sure you leave 100 percent satisfied.

Kissimmee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was a really great experience the hotel was clean and it has all what u need after a long day , with an small friegue , and microwave the bed were really comfortable to sleep , over all everything was exellent

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Before you read this and think this is another miserable moaning Brit... Please check out my other reviews all of which are positive.

Ok so this hotel was cheap and as it's only me in Orlando for 4 nights I thought I would give it a go.... The room is a little musty but the beds are comfortable. I have only managed to kill two cockroaches. All night the shower was dripping so I had the idea of putting a towel in the bath to mask the drips (the guy on reception congratulated me for this) any way it's been a whole day and the maintenance man has not turned up. The shower curtain is too high to reach the tub therefore the room floods. The air con unit is out of Starsky and Hutch and I sat on a chair and the arm came off in my hand (just as well it was not a child as its razor sharp).

The thing that has really annoyed me is the 24hour business centre which is closed as the PC has packed up.... Therefore I cannot print out the tickets I have purchased on line. I asked reception if I could email the link to them to print for me but was told the girl wasn't sure of her password..... And anyway it would cost me a dollar...

So folks if you want Enchantment this is most definitely not it -and I'm still wondering why I was charged a $2.50 a night resort fee...?

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that your experience at our hotel did not meet the level of quality and comfort you found in your stays elsewhere. I also sincerely apologize that the business center wasn’t functioning properly during your stay. I understand how frustrating that can be. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction, and we obviously fell short of meeting that goal in your case.