Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #124 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“never again”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We stayed here 4 years ago for a week and was very happy. Not this time. Again we booked for a week. We didn't expect a deluxe stay, but the housekeeping was terrible. We came back from a day in the park to find no toilet paper. My husband had to walk to the front desk to get some, since there was no one to bring it to us. Another day, housekeeping never even came to our room so off my husband went again to get some fresh towels. In the morning, walking to breakfast, there was overflowing garbag cans all over the place. We paid in advance for the breakfast which we quickly cancelled after the first morning. If was terrible and dirty in the dining room. Poptarts in the room looked better.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruisergirls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2010

So when you pull up, you won’t be impressed with how the hotel looks. It’s not pretty. The layout is pretty confusing and finding your room is hard. Despite being told otherwise, there was no ice machine on any floor of our building and the vending machine was from roughly 1990 and did not show signs of life. That said, the room was pleasantly surprising. Clean, attractive, comfortable. The only downfall was a remote control that didn’t work, but after walking miles around Disney, getting up to change the channel shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right? If you’re just looking for somewhere to rest and sleep, this is a place for you.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andy1278
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2010

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay but don't expect anything special then this is your place. Just your basic room. Our room's a/c didn't work but we didn't report it either so that's our fault. All I wanted was a place to sleep after a long day at Disney so this room was fine for me.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jenn0877
Ontario
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Taking my family on a trip with Disney World in mind decided to cheap out on the room and have extra spending money for DisneyWorld after all it was only meant as a place to sleep right???
Well this hotel from the moment I arrived at the front door on my room I knew it would be a bad week. The lock on the door appeared to have been previously broken into the metal cover plate covering it was pryed back (investigating furthur found quite a few other room doors that had this) The room itself looked somewhat clean when we walked in. Small but I expected that. On the plus side the microwave and fridge appeared brand new which doing some grocery shopping at wal-mart superstores for some food in which we made our own quick lunches and breakfasts saved us a few bucks. But back to the room the toilet was like a amusement ride in itself reminded me of a teeter totter when u sat on it. The bath shower area had lost of mildew and the shower head was so rusted I think I saw it in a scrap yard a few weeks ago. The beds had the basic paper thin sheets on up and were very uncofomfortable I didnt have a single good night sleep..... or maybe cause it was the constant sirens from police cars and firetrucks going by considering you basically are on a highway. The general area itself didnt appear to recieve much cleaning either. When I arrived I saw a mixed drink glass sitting on the floor a few doors down from us with a number of beer caps around it. Guess what yup a week later they were all still there. The pictures are terribly misleading probably taken when hotel was brand new. A fellow inmate I was talking to in the hot tub mentioned if I saw the so called game room I hadn't yet so I took a walk over. It was pathetic 3 video games 1 pinball machine and 1 stuffed toy machine of those only 1 video game the pinball machine and stuffed toy machine were the only ones working and I think I played the same games in the 80's. The only complaint I didnt have was the pool area. The pool was clean everyday not terribly warm but kids enjoyed it. Hot tub was extremly hot but after walking all day at Disney beggers couldnt be choosers when you needed to unwind.
In summary 1 night stay wouldnt be a bad idea but for a week with a family spend a few extra hundred and get something better.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank johnhamont

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

florida
Reviewed 15 February 2010

this hotel shows the pictures of the perfect vacation until you arrive. It looks nothing like the pictures it is owned by people whom do not speak english .The hotel is near some sort of projects or low income housing complex and I was afraid to even leave my car parked there at night .The hotel is so dirty and run down I wanted to leave early it ruined our vacation to the point that we wanted to pay to get another hotel without a refund. sheets and bedding all stained and ripped, bathroom was so dirty there was mold stains all up the walls and on the floors i did not want to even shower in it ,we only stayed for the bunk beds which were so filthy I didnt even want my children to sleep in them. I will only book hotels with great reviews from now on.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank disneyhaven
usa
Reviewed 20 January 2010

This is an older hotel. It was not so bad that I left, but I would not recommend it nor would I return. I immediately bought a can of Lysol and Lysoled EVERYTHING.
My refrigerator did not work, but an old lady and an old man came in a replaced it fairly qickly. And since I had to pay the $2.50 mandatory resort fee, I decided to use mysafe which did not work either. They came and fixed that right away too.

The lobby is rather dank. They have SLIPCOVERS on 2 sofas- again- makes you feel like you need Lysol. They should invest in beautifying their lobby for sure.

I did not even try the breakfast, the lobby just looked discusting, so I knew i would not eat there.

If you ar eon a budget, I guess it would be ok to stay here...
It came free to me with my airfare.

On the plus side, it had free internet!

I will not return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mookie1993
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Our main complaint is not due to the old furniture, not functioning well TV, or the smelled linens, because for the low price, we did not expect a high quality room. The most ridiculous thing is, we got a call from this hotel 8 hrs after we checked out (checked out at 10:30am, and got call at 7pm), saying that they missed a blanket in our room, and they are going to charge $35 for that. We explained it is impossible to take such a big thing by mistake, but they just kept saying that unless we returned it they will still charged us on the credit card. So we returned to the hotel as we were still in Orlando, and my wife told them she checked and very sure the blankets were there, and we did lock the door when we left. Then the owner (probably) insisted that we should be responsible for any loss of the room, even though he believed we did not take it. That is most ridiculous experience I ever had. We did all the things right, but we are responsible for their loss after we left. Maybe we should feel thankful that they did not say that they lost a TV. The security and management for the house keeping work is really a issue if their house keeper did not make a mistake as they said. We thought we had a good deal, due to the low price and good review. However, we paid $35 (roomrate+tax) + $2.5 resort fee(for nothing, and not stated on website) + $35 (an old, worn, blanket, not taken by us)=72.5. We should be absolutely able to get something much better. And it is also a lesson for not saving money for a cheap hotel, as it does not only mean poor service, but also high risk for unexpected trouble.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family