“I can't event form the words to describe this.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #100 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The hotel was DISGUSTING. We had cobwebs in the corners, there was a visible CRUST that was on the hotel phone, the shower curtain was COVERED in mildew, the carpet was so dirty my nephew's feet were completely black AFTER he had taken a bath, and the furniture was so dirty that when we wiped down the arms of the chair, the wipes were BLACK. They charged $40 for a roll away bed that we used for one night. There were unsavory characters who looked like they permanently lived upstairs who came in and out with loud music. I was so nervous staying in the hotel I slept with my pepper spray in my bed.

The breakfast is an absolute joke. We did not stay for it, we got a different hotel ASAP the next day. You cannot have milk to drink, you have to pay extra. Only four slices of bread per person, and only one banana per person and they must come to the counter to get it themselves. Plus it is served in a tiny little lobby that smelled of sweat.

Now here comes the kicker! My parents booked the hotel on choice points. The hotel not only took the points but charged my parents $79! And then another fee and then another fee. There is a ten dollar resort fee almost for each room (this thing doesn't even resemble a resort)... and they will charge you extra for internet as well. The hotel is no where near the main gate to Disney probably a good ten minutes or more drive. The staff is also the most under enthusiastic group of people I had ever encountered. It seemed like they partied all night with the people who lived upstairs.

My nephew has asthma and was not having any issues before we had to run the air conditioning in this room. I can't confirm that is what caused it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt it had a thorough cleaning in years.

I would never suggest this to anyone. The only ones I would suggest it to, would be a group of construction workers so it can be DEMSOLISHED.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank McSophi
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

We thank you for spending your time and effort in making us aware of how our services have been during your stay with us. It is however very disheartening to know that certain issues have made your stay very uncomfortable. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had to deal with. Your feedback regarding hotel cleanliness and sanitation, as well as the served breakfast, staff demeanor, and other hotel fees will be closely evaluated and addressed promptly. Some of these issues may have been overlooked by us, thus your helpful feedback did not only make us aware of it, but also gave us an opportunity to correct it. We will definitely make proper amendments for us to better serve our valued guests. We hope to give you a far better experience the next time you visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is a skid row dive.My bank account was debited multiple time before ever arriving.The room stunk so bad it made me sick then the chief housekeeper comes up and sprays something in the room and declares it better.Cigarettes and filth all over the outside.Heres a hint get a pressure washer and make the outside presentable.The wifi is so slow it wont work.They charge an additional 8.95 cent a night resort charge what a joke!Location is not bad but certainly not the three miles from Disney that is advertise.I would say at least 8 miles.Breakfeast we didnt go near it they serve it in the tiny dirty lobby.Bed was not bad but inside of room was gross and locks on doors were broke.STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOLE,MUCH BETTER PLACES ALL AROUND THE AREA.Do not fall for bogus pictures.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay with us. We didn’t expect this to happen and this issue could’ve reported at the customer service department for us to address this. It wasn’t our intention to mislead you with regards about the price and charges. We just aim to provide excellent services like no other hotels can offer. Despite this experience, we still hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

As retired law enforcement I endorse this establishment for it's location, cleanliness, economy and the hard working staff. I was long term stay looking for a home to buy in the area. The hotel is in a great area minutes from the local attractions in a safe area. The grounds are well kept and i saw staff maintaining the building and grounds everyday. the rooms may be from a different decade but well maintained, clean and free of pests. The old adages "you get what you pay for" and "the devil is in the details" apply here as well. the advertised price "starts as low as..." has additional fees stated clearly. If you don't read what your signing you deserve what you get. for me the computer in the room, shuttle to Disney and complimentary breakfast (good but mostly carbs) was well worth it to me. I know I am retired LEO but when I travel I do stings to test the honesty of the staff. sorry , Its a habit. Well let me say the staff here were HONEST and most helpful beyond their daily duties. An exceptional group from the desk clerk, maid, maintenance all are duly and truly prepared worthy and well qualified. This by no means is "the ritz" but your not paying for the ritz either. The clientele are not sect. 8 types but typical disney / universal folk from all nationalities gone most of the day at the parks and return in the evening. For me that was great since I love the pool area. but could be because i came from boston and 20 degrees F. There is always room for improvement and I would suggest extending breakfast a hour later for late sleepers and maybe a early afternoon shuttle for disney. Mine is just one experience so do your research. BTW I found a home and are going back to stay with them again while the paperwork is done.

Room Tip: northside of hotel has the pool and 1st floor room is better for access and view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bob g
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like you to know that you have chosen to stay at our hotel. It such a great feeling of joy that we have rendered you the services that you truly deserve during your stay with us. We always commit to our goal which is to provide great accommodation, friendly environment and to make our customers feel like home. We assure you that we always maintain what we have and always aim for something great for us to serve you better on your next stay. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed here the night of December 7, 2013. The parking lot was awful, undesirables were carousing about, the room was filthy and it reaked of cigarette smoke and a drunkard. The carpet was soiled (unfit to walk upon barefoot), the appliances were cracked and damaged and the bathroom was just plain disgusting. Even the telephone was dingy, dirty and just plain nasty. And to make matters much worse, some random unknown male began to knock incessantly on my door immediately upon my arrival.

I left the very next day for safe and decent lodging.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dawne R
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We booked this hotel last minute because there were no other hotels on the area that "seemed" good. Unfortunately we had a horrible experience with it.
First of all, our room was very run down. There were cracks all over, cabinets were broken, there was mold, and we had a problem with the bathroom and they never fixed it.
Second of all, the housekeeping was just horrible. They NEVER made the beds, cleaned anything, or even changed the towels.
Third of all, the staff was very rude. Every time we called for anything (especially with our bathroom situation) they were rude and never did anything.
Fourth of all, there was supposed to be WIFI and our Internet never worked.
Lastly, the breakfast was ridiculous. Everything was rationed and if you wanted to eat something more, you had to pay.
We are never coming to this place ever again and I advice people to find another hotel on irlo bronson, there are a bunch of other places that are way better with the same price.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank DisneyFan92
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay with us. We are thankful for bringing these concerns to us and this would serve as an effective tool for us to identify our areas of improvement. The things that you have mentioned will be discussed on our regular management meeting and will do further investigation for us to provide probable sanctions to those who are accountable. If we were on your situation, we will feel the same way too. Econo Lodge and its management are making sure that we provide quality services to our valued customers like you. We assure you that we will make certain amendments based on the things that you have mentioned. Despite of your experience, we are still hoping that you’ll still leave your doors open to Econo Lodge to provide you comfort and great accommodation on your future stay. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

we were supposed to checkin here on thursday dec 13th....the hotel looks run down from the outside so we asked to see a room....they let us look at the 2 rooms they were going to give us....as soon as you opened the door it smelled like backed up septic......so we told them we did not want those rooms......they told us to go look at another room it smelled just the same.....when we told them we would find another hotel they tired to charge us 40.00 our rate was only 27.00. nasty hotel go down the road to motel 6 they are much cleaner. Staff is very rude there as well i had to call choice privialiges since im a member and get them to reimburse me for the charge. they also charge 9.00 a day for breakfast, internet, shuttles among other things weather you use them or not. Dont waste your time or money here go else where

Room Tip: go else where
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kellyfelly20
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you've had during your stay with us. None of us wanted the incident to happen because we always aim to provide quality services, clean environment and great accommodation. This feedback serves as a wake up call and this will certainly be discussed on our regular meeting. We would give sanctions to those who are accountable and make amendments to improve our services. We are hoping that you’ll still leave your doors open for Econo Lodge on your future trips. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights before we checked into our hotel at Disney. The rooms are $30 a night and are worth every penny. The staff was super friendly, especially the cleaning lady. I wish I remembered her name, but she was awesome and so nice! It was also nice that this hotel was so close to everything. If we ever needed a last minute place to stay again we would definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Danielle M

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that we have been consistent to our goals in terms of providing quality services and accommodation. We are so grateful that we have valued customers like you which are worth keeping. You all serve as a light bulb of our hotel and we will consistently make sure that we are providing our customers the services that they truly deserve. Thank you.