The hotel was DISGUSTING. We had cobwebs in the corners, there was a visible CRUST that was on the hotel phone, the shower curtain was COVERED in mildew, the carpet was so dirty my nephew's feet were completely black AFTER he had taken a bath, and the furniture was so dirty that when we wiped down the arms of the chair, the wipes were BLACK. They charged $40 for a roll away bed that we used for one night. There were unsavory characters who looked like they permanently lived upstairs who came in and out with loud music. I was so nervous staying in the hotel I slept with my pepper spray in my bed.
The breakfast is an absolute joke. We did not stay for it, we got a different hotel ASAP the next day. You cannot have milk to drink, you have to pay extra. Only four slices of bread per person, and only one banana per person and they must come to the counter to get it themselves. Plus it is served in a tiny little lobby that smelled of sweat.
Now here comes the kicker! My parents booked the hotel on choice points. The hotel not only took the points but charged my parents $79! And then another fee and then another fee. There is a ten dollar resort fee almost for each room (this thing doesn't even resemble a resort)... and they will charge you extra for internet as well. The hotel is no where near the main gate to Disney probably a good ten minutes or more drive. The staff is also the most under enthusiastic group of people I had ever encountered. It seemed like they partied all night with the people who lived upstairs.
My nephew has asthma and was not having any issues before we had to run the air conditioning in this room. I can't confirm that is what caused it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt it had a thorough cleaning in years.
I would never suggest this to anyone. The only ones I would suggest it to, would be a group of construction workers so it can be DEMSOLISHED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely 98 room hotel with free shuttle service to Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Free wireless internet, free breakfast every morning, free micro and fridge in every room. The best value hotel in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Maingate Central Hotel Kissimmee
- Econolodge Maingate Central
- Econo Lodge Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central Kissimmee, Florida