“Ok, but just slept there.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, FL
“Ok, but just slept there.”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Nice having the PC in the room but did not use it because I did not want my passwords in the cache. Found the safe, did not use it. Forgot my extension cord had to unplug the PC to use the CPAP machine. Shower was great, very hot water.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janices233
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
We couldn’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. It brings us great honor to have served our valued guests well. Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful feedback regarding the hotel room accommodation and for taking notice of the facilities and amenities we offered. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I really liked having a desktop in each room! The beds were cleaned and the bathrooms were decent.
The only problem I have for this lodge is that they need to "Shampoo their Rugs!!!" - don't want to hear that you have been booked every night-block off 2 rooms per day who have checked out early and shampoo the rug. The floor will be dried by the 2 pm check in or hold those 2 rooms for those guest who check in at nite. By doing this this each day the muddy carpet problem will be resolved.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGuestHse
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you’ve given us. We take time to address the issues raised in the reviews our guests give after their stay; for we are committed to deliver the best service you deserve. The positive comments regarding our hotel room facilities and amenities, as well as the cleanliness of the beds and the bathroom in total brings us joy. We however apologize if we fell short in keeping the rug’s cleanliness at its best condition, your feedback will be greatly put into consideration and we will address such matter without delay. This has motivated us to do so much more for our valued guests, and we look forward to be of service to you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This place advertises its "luxury amenities" that "set it apart from other economy hotels" and when you arrive, it's a crap hole dump. We were given a rate and then charged a $9 amenities fee for use of the desktop computer (what is this, 1998?) in our room - which of course no one uses anyway. It's close to Disney but we were only passing through, so that didn't matter to us. The room was dirty, smelled like dirt covered with bleach, you have to ask the front desk to borrow a coffee maker which I couldn't even use because it was so filthy and disgusting. The pub next door was gross and everywhere we went on this property, inside and out, smelled like smoke. Would not return to this or any other Econo Lodge after the experience.

Room Tip: On the first floor close to wherever you park your car...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
We would like to extend our appreciation in taking time to write us your feedback. We are however deeply sorry for we fell short on your expectations. Your concerns regarding the hotel cleanliness and sanitation will surely be put into meticulous assessment, and be given prompt actions without delay. We would also like to note that, we’d sincerely appreciate it if our valued guests would request for any assistance that we can offer, for in that way we could address the issues real time to better serve you and give you a great experience while staying with us. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in Mid-Dec 2012. It was literally 5 mins from Disney World, which we found really convenient! The staff in the hotel were great, very helpful. The wi-fi worked great also. We stayed 2 nights while visiting Disney World. The property and interior is dated, but that was expected. Everything was very clean and the housekeeping did a great job each day. The breakfast looked pretty good too, but we like restaurants, we ventured to Denny's each morning, about 2 miles up the street on the way to Disney. Nothing bad to say about this quaint little hotel. Very quiet at night, which is a BIG plus!! Also, the pool looked great, but it was only 48 degrees out while were were there, so we didn't try it out. Great job Econo Lodge!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor as it is easier to get your luggage in and out of the rooms. The entr...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal S
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It gives us great delight to know that we were able to give you and your fiancé a great experience to remember. It is our goal to give quality service to our guests by offering the best staff services and accommodation like no other hotels can. Thank you for appreciating the hard work we’ve put into serving you. We look forward to serving you again.
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The hotel was DISGUSTING. We had cobwebs in the corners, there was a visible CRUST that was on the hotel phone, the shower curtain was COVERED in mildew, the carpet was so dirty my nephew's feet were completely black AFTER he had taken a bath, and the furniture was so dirty that when we wiped down the arms of the chair, the wipes were BLACK. They charged $40 for a roll away bed that we used for one night. There were unsavory characters who looked like they permanently lived upstairs who came in and out with loud music. I was so nervous staying in the hotel I slept with my pepper spray in my bed.

The breakfast is an absolute joke. We did not stay for it, we got a different hotel ASAP the next day. You cannot have milk to drink, you have to pay extra. Only four slices of bread per person, and only one banana per person and they must come to the counter to get it themselves. Plus it is served in a tiny little lobby that smelled of sweat.

Now here comes the kicker! My parents booked the hotel on choice points. The hotel not only took the points but charged my parents $79! And then another fee and then another fee. There is a ten dollar resort fee almost for each room (this thing doesn't even resemble a resort)... and they will charge you extra for internet as well. The hotel is no where near the main gate to Disney probably a good ten minutes or more drive. The staff is also the most under enthusiastic group of people I had ever encountered. It seemed like they partied all night with the people who lived upstairs.

My nephew has asthma and was not having any issues before we had to run the air conditioning in this room. I can't confirm that is what caused it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt it had a thorough cleaning in years.

I would never suggest this to anyone. The only ones I would suggest it to, would be a group of construction workers so it can be DEMSOLISHED.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank McSophi
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
We thank you for spending your time and effort in making us aware of how our services have been during your stay with us. It is however very disheartening to know that certain issues have made your stay very uncomfortable. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had to deal with. Your feedback regarding hotel cleanliness and sanitation, as well as the served breakfast, staff demeanor, and other hotel fees will be closely evaluated and addressed promptly. Some of these issues may have been overlooked by us, thus your helpful feedback did not only make us aware of it, but also gave us an opportunity to correct it. We will definitely make proper amendments for us to better serve our valued guests. We hope to give you a far better experience the next time you visit.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is a skid row dive.My bank account was debited multiple time before ever arriving.The room stunk so bad it made me sick then the chief housekeeper comes up and sprays something in the room and declares it better.Cigarettes and filth all over the outside.Heres a hint get a pressure washer and make the outside presentable.The wifi is so slow it wont work.They charge an additional 8.95 cent a night resort charge what a joke!Location is not bad but certainly not the three miles from Disney that is advertise.I would say at least 8 miles.Breakfeast we didnt go near it they serve it in the tiny dirty lobby.Bed was not bad but inside of room was gross and locks on doors were broke.STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOLE,MUCH BETTER PLACES ALL AROUND THE AREA.Do not fall for bogus pictures.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay with us. We didn’t expect this to happen and this issue could’ve reported at the customer service department for us to address this. It wasn’t our intention to mislead you with regards about the price and charges. We just aim to provide excellent services like no other hotels can offer. Despite this experience, we still hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you.
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2013

As retired law enforcement I endorse this establishment for it's location, cleanliness, economy and the hard working staff. I was long term stay looking for a home to buy in the area. The hotel is in a great area minutes from the local attractions in a safe area. The grounds are well kept and i saw staff maintaining the building and grounds everyday. the rooms may be from a different decade but well maintained, clean and free of pests. The old adages "you get what you pay for" and "the devil is in the details" apply here as well. the advertised price "starts as low as..." has additional fees stated clearly. If you don't read what your signing you deserve what you get. for me the computer in the room, shuttle to Disney and complimentary breakfast (good but mostly carbs) was well worth it to me. I know I am retired LEO but when I travel I do stings to test the honesty of the staff. sorry , Its a habit. Well let me say the staff here were HONEST and most helpful beyond their daily duties. An exceptional group from the desk clerk, maid, maintenance all are duly and truly prepared worthy and well qualified. This by no means is "the ritz" but your not paying for the ritz either. The clientele are not sect. 8 types but typical disney / universal folk from all nationalities gone most of the day at the parks and return in the evening. For me that was great since I love the pool area. but could be because i came from boston and 20 degrees F. There is always room for improvement and I would suggest extending breakfast a hour later for late sleepers and maybe a early afternoon shuttle for disney. Mine is just one experience so do your research. BTW I found a home and are going back to stay with them again while the paperwork is done.

Room Tip: northside of hotel has the pool and 1st floor room is better for access and view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bob g
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like you to know that you have chosen to stay at our hotel. It such a great feeling of joy that we have rendered you the services that you truly deserve during your stay with us. We always commit to our goal which is to provide great accommodation, friendly environment and to make our customers feel like home. We assure you that we always maintain what we have and always aim for something great for us to serve you better on your next stay. Thank you so much.