“very good for the price!!!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #103 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Delray Beach, Florida
“very good for the price!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I made reservations for this hotel like 3 months ahead, i paid like about $38.00 per night with breakfast included and shutter buses to the them parks. I was a little bit nerves when i got there because i didn't know how it was going to be, but it turn out great, its clean and descent for the price that we paid not bad at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

For the price we paid to stay here for two weeks, I thought the Econo Lodge was pretty good. The staff were all very helpful, the room was a good size and it was cleaned regularly. If you're looking for a cheap base while you're doing the theme parks and tourist attractions, then you can't really go wrong. It's also in a convenient location for getting to all the attractions, and to restaurants in the evenings.

My only minor complaint is with the towels, which is an odd thing to single out! Almost every day, the housekeeping staff would come to our room in the morning to make our beds and take away the dirty towels, but we wouldn't get clean towels delivered back to our room until the evening. On the days when we were at water parks, and were arriving back in the middle of the afternoon, we rarely had any towels in the room. I lost count of the number of times I got in the shower and THEN realised we had no towels. A couple of times I had to use my beach towel, which smelled of chlorine from the water park, so sort of defeated the purpose of a shower! It didn't seem to matter where we left the towels either, even when they were on the rail, they got taken away every day. I'd have been happy to use the same towels for a few days rather than being left with none. It seems an odd way to organise the servicing of the rooms. Like I said, it's only a minor issue.

Otherwise our stay here was good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lindsey B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel is in a great area for getting to and from the Orlando theme parks. It's clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. This isn't a 5* hotel and doesn't pretend to be. It's cheap and basic but gives you exactly what you need - a bed, a bathroom and somewhere to keep your things while you're out enjoying yourself. If you're on a budget then this is a great little hotel close to restaurants, supermarkets, bars and the main attractions. It's also being given a lick of paint as we speak. Don't be put off by other reviews, you get what you pay for. It's not dirty or unfriendly and does the trick for short or long stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne J
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have never reviewed anything before this and HAD to review this hotel to warn people not to stay here!! First things first, cockroaches.. second, god awful smell. Staff is decent, hotel is a rip off!!! I got this hotel at $31 a night with my AAA discount and offer, the total came to $98.44 fees included as it states in my confirmation email. So, why then in my bank statement does it say econolodge took out $89 on one day and $44, 2 days later??? I don't know but they're answer to that is that I booked for 3 nights. No kidding!!! They refuse to refund the money they STOLE from me!!! Get yourself a real vacation spot and spend a little more. I've never been so disgusted with a place in my life and I'm not high class by any means. I'm open enough and now stupid enough to ignore other reviews thinking they were just being picky. lol Boy was I wrong!! This place is a nasty rip off!!! Let's not forget how if you walk on their floor barefoot your feet become black, or your socks ruined and you can actually smell the nastiness on the socks JUST after getting out of the shower and getting dressed. Horrible experience all around.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie L

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Nice having the PC in the room but did not use it because I did not want my passwords in the cache. Found the safe, did not use it. Forgot my extension cord had to unplug the PC to use the CPAP machine. Shower was great, very hot water.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janices233
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
We couldn’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. It brings us great honor to have served our valued guests well. Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful feedback regarding the hotel room accommodation and for taking notice of the facilities and amenities we offered. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again very soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I really liked having a desktop in each room! The beds were cleaned and the bathrooms were decent.
The only problem I have for this lodge is that they need to "Shampoo their Rugs!!!" - don't want to hear that you have been booked every night-block off 2 rooms per day who have checked out early and shampoo the rug. The floor will be dried by the 2 pm check in or hold those 2 rooms for those guest who check in at nite. By doing this this each day the muddy carpet problem will be resolved.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGuestHse
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you’ve given us. We take time to address the issues raised in the reviews our guests give after their stay; for we are committed to deliver the best service you deserve. The positive comments regarding our hotel room facilities and amenities, as well as the cleanliness of the beds and the bathroom in total brings us joy. We however apologize if we fell short in keeping the rug’s cleanliness at its best condition, your feedback will be greatly put into consideration and we will address such matter without delay. This has motivated us to do so much more for our valued guests, and we look forward to be of service to you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This place advertises its "luxury amenities" that "set it apart from other economy hotels" and when you arrive, it's a crap hole dump. We were given a rate and then charged a $9 amenities fee for use of the desktop computer (what is this, 1998?) in our room - which of course no one uses anyway. It's close to Disney but we were only passing through, so that didn't matter to us. The room was dirty, smelled like dirt covered with bleach, you have to ask the front desk to borrow a coffee maker which I couldn't even use because it was so filthy and disgusting. The pub next door was gross and everywhere we went on this property, inside and out, smelled like smoke. Would not return to this or any other Econo Lodge after the experience.

Room Tip: On the first floor close to wherever you park your car...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Gary Q, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
We would like to extend our appreciation in taking time to write us your feedback. We are however deeply sorry for we fell short on your expectations. Your concerns regarding the hotel cleanliness and sanitation will surely be put into meticulous assessment, and be given prompt actions without delay. We would also like to note that, we’d sincerely appreciate it if our valued guests would request for any assistance that we can offer, for in that way we could address the issues real time to better serve you and give you a great experience while staying with us. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.