“Economical, friendly service, and close to attractions”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #99 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 December 2006

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in November and although this hotel had very basic amenities ... the price was right. We paid only 27$ a night for 2 people. So, we overlooked the little imperfections. The staff was very friendly and helpful and by the end of our week there, it almost felt like home.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 26 March 2006

We stayed at this hotel only one night. Reservations were made approximately six weeks in advance. A non-smoking room was requested. Upon arrival at our room, it was obvious by the pungent odor that escaped when the door was opened that this was not a non-smoking room. The additional clue was the ashtray and book of matches on the desk. We then requested a different room and were informed by the front desk that our room was a non-smoking room and that there were not any other rooms available. The parking lot was barely full, so were were not sure if that was accurate or not. If we could have been guaranteed a room at a different hotel, we would have left.

It was OK for one night, but if the occasion were to arise where we would be in the Kissimmee area, this place would definitely not be on our list of choices.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 27 May 2005

I am not pickey about hotels when I go to Disney area because I am at the parks all day. So I'm not at the hotel much anyway. However in March the parks close earlier & unfortunately I was at the hotel much more this time. This is the first time I booked a hotel through a travel agent & wish I hadn't! The only reason I did not rate this hotel as terrible was because the staff was quite friendly & did try to be helpful. Also the pool temp was great! The photos in previous review do not exagerate. My room also had open hole in the shower surround & missing grab bar. the toilet ran most of the time, the light in the bathroom was broken. So the door had to stay open when you were in there. The light by my bed started smoking when I turned it on. The next day the light in the bathroom got fixed, but the only thing done with the light by my bed was that the lightbulb was changed. this clearly did not fix the problem. As I had reported, this was a major safety hazard. the person sent to fix the problem was not a true maint. person & in fact I ended up having to explain what needed to be done to resolve the fire safety hazard. The man did not have the ability to fix it & the only solution available was to unplug the light ( which the maint. person did not even realize was possible until I pointed it out). The sheets were too small for the bed although they were clean. the bedspreads, however were not, including cicarette burns (this was a nonsmoking room). Breakfast was coffee, juice, & packaged honeybuns or cereal bars. The pool was in the parking lot. On the positive side, the staff was friendly. Even the maint. person, although not qualified, was clearly trying his best. the pool, although in the parking lot was almost as warm as a bath. The weather was quite chilly & I have never been in a pool as warm as this one was! It was so well appreciated & I have told many about it. The pool area was clean. Clearly it is the only saving grace for this hotel. Although this hotel was budget priced, so are MANY hotels in this area & I would have expected to spend about 1/2 of what I paid for this hotel. Had I been in the area for more than 3 nights I would have changed hotels.

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank Bluemoon319
Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2005

Stayed here for a week to go to DisneyWorld. It is close and real easy to get to the parks. It's close to Target which is great and helpful. There was a lot of construction going so it isn't the most great views to anywhere. It's livable but the housekeeping isn't good. Bring your own towels and even maybe pillow sheets. They don't change the sheets for you. And barely give you enough soap. They are really nice and respond really quickly to any problems. The extra bed is not worth it, so don't bother getting it.
The pool is in the parking lot. If you want to save money in order to spend more money at the parks and for food, stay here. But just don't spend much time in the actual hotel room.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 February 2005

They screwed my reservation up, I had booked 2 queen beds. The room smelled bad, we immediately went across the street and bought spray. Every corner was dirty. The bath tub had open holes where a grab bar used to reside. Non smoking room had ugly cigarette burns on the vanity and tub. There was a disgusting stain on the kids comforter..we wouldnt allow them to use it. Garbages were over flowing the whole 4 days we were there, as well there was broken glass on the path to the pool that never moved. There were many lights burnt out outside. The vending machines didnt work. Then to top it all off, when I checked out..they were overcharging me. Refused to make the adjustment because I signed when we checked in. Check out the pics..its a real paradise. After complaing to head office about being overcharged..I was sent a check for the adjustment.

• Stayed: January 2005
17  Thank travelnazi
White Lake, MI
Reviewed 20 June 2004

The people were very friendly; the rooms were clean and nice. We had a roll away bed also it was very comfortable.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2004

Stayed here on Feb 22 - just needing an economical overnight location before heading to the airport the next day, we agreed to pay $51 for a room for two. The beds were probably the worse we've ever experienced in a hotel and the room was sub standard. The continental breakfast the next morning consisted of packaged pastry and coffee or juice. There was no TV changer in room but was given one from front desk when requested.

On a positive note the pool was nice and managed to get an hour of sun on the pool deck just before headin to the airport.

Not recommended for a stay of more than one night. Rates are very competitive in the area and I'm sure one could fine better deals even for an overnight. Sorry I acnnot say anything nicer ---

• Stayed: February 2005