“Great pool area, close to everything and superb customer service ...”

Polynesian Isles Resort
Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Santos
“Great pool area, close to everything and superb customer service ...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Note Polynesian Isles Resort have apartments without breakfast and daily cleaning/changing of towels, etc.

We had a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 toilets / bath rooms, and we comfortably slept additional 2 kids in the living room.

The facility has a great pool area with heated pool and hot tub - our kids loooved it.

It is close to everything and it is clear to see the staff is doing their outmost to make you feel confortable. The act promtly on any issues; we e.g. had a toaster that only worked partially and 3 minutes after our call to the front desk we had a new one delivered to our door. Likewise we were a little late on check-out and had a friendly call asking if we needed any assistance (rather than a rude order to get out now).

Downsides are a little old interior (kitchen and bath rooms could do with a little refurbishment) and apartments' design allow were little day light to enter.

I would return ....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Viking-on-the-move

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was hesitant to book her with my Diamond Resort points particularly when I saw the location so close to a major highway. However I was continually surprised from how friendly and warm the staff were to the room and pool. I stayed in two separate units as I visited there over two long weekend with a business trip in between. One unit was a two bedroom with a large jacuzzi tub in the master suite. The other unit was a one bedroom, newly remodeled unit which as huge and overlooked a small pond. Both units has screened in porches and were very quiet. The one bedroom did not have the jacuzzi tub. The location ended up excellent and very close to I4, one of the outlet parks, and lots of restaurants, grocery store, and shopping if you wanted to stay just a little off the beaten path. I will stay there again when in the Orlando area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank AnnieGirl50
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 days early December. Our unit was very nice. Clean and very well taken care of. Connie at the front desk was great and we really enjoyed coming back from Disney after a long day to relax and recover. Security at the gate was friendly and professional. Wifi was pretty bad but that's not a huge deal. Checkout was not as great of an experience as when I spoke to Connie. I felt welcomed and when I left the girl barely made eye contact and seemed like my questions were bothersome. It's a timeshare but we didn't go to the tour and they did not pressure us about it either. A few minor things but overall this place was excellent. We will definitely be going back to stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris S
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I came here with my family that was visiting from Colombia, we needed a suite with room for 6 people and a kitchen so we could prepare our meals instead of going out to eat all the time. We got an amazing deal through groupon, but before I bought it I made sure to check the reviews on here.

We were not disappointed. Connie, at the front desk received me for check in. She was very helpful and welcoming, as well as the guard at the gate, and the man at the concierge. Over all we had an amazing experience.

The room was very clean, nice and spacious, it accommodated us very well. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the kitchen tools and plates and such. We even had dish soap!

I would recommend this place, and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Monablas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in December and was very impressed! We had 14 people, so we rented two units! The location is great! I would say it is in the middle of universal and disney! It was very clean, and I thought it was neat that they had little cards under the bed that said " we clean under here". The pool was very nice, and never busy! And is also open late!

However, the cleaning staff spoke no English! When we tried to talk to her in English, she would start talking in Spanish! The wifi was useless! I couldn't load a single webpage!

Overall, I was very impressed! But floridays resort is much better!!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BDG0504
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Booked a two-bedroom unit for a 3 day weekend at the end of November. Made a few cleaning requests by phone due to allergies to certain cleaning products via phone. Manager was supposed to sent us an email confirming these requests. Never heard back despite a follow up call and a fax.

The room itself was very nice, and was very clean. Appreciated the effort the staff took to accommodate us. We were placed in building 8, and on the top floor.

There were problems with the plumbing in both bathrooms (the toilets ran for quite a while after flushing), and there wasn't sufficient hot water. We even tried bathing at different times of the day, but the water at best was lukewarm. Despite these issues, we would definitely stay again and would not hesitate recommending this resort to others.

Oh and location was pretty good, very close to Disney!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 November 2013

For the price, you can't beat this place. We reserved a one bedroom and were upgraded to a two bedroom. Plenty of room, very clean. Furniture a little outdated, but no big deal. We were there for golf and it worked out great. If you want quiet, request top floor as we could hear people above us. Just be aware you have to carry your luggage up the stairs. There was a washer/dryer just outside of the room which worked out fine. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor would be quieter