“Perfect Vacation”

Polynesian Isles Resort
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. When we first arrived we were given a room on the second floor, a person above us was heavy footed (so much that it made the chandelier shake) I called the front desk to see if we could move to the 3rd floor. It was no problem. The condo was very nice and quite spacious. Disney was within 10 minuets although we only went to The Streets of Disney for shopping and dining. There are plenty of dining choices and a very nice outlet mall near by. Also a Walmart about a mile down the road. The Polynesian Isle is very well kept, friendly staff and very relaxing. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blt1026

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were coming to do the tourist thing and were actually a little apprehensive over this place because it looked a little dated. It was not elaborate, but we were very happy here and would absolutely come again. Very spacious room with a regular tub, large jetted tub and a shower. Nice kitchen area with a granite top. All the staff was very nice and the security at the entrance may not have been needed but there certainly were no stragglers around. We didn't take advantage of any of them, but there were social events about every night including movies, bingo and other activities. It was very quiet and overall, a great place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is grate location ,not to far from Disney World
staff very good and resort is good ,nice and clean. will be back soon
The pool was very clean and the grounds and garden very nice
if you want some where that's well central this is the place

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BRIAN G
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I had just concluded a cruise and drove in from Miami to join my daughter, her husband and my grandson. I am a Diamond Resort owner, so I rented them a 2 BR and a 1BR for us. I was super impressed with the size of the unit...it had two full bathrooms, with a huge shower in the master. My wife enjoyed the large screened porch and would relax and read when we had some down time. The resort itself is very well maintained, the staff very nice and professional and the pools clean, the hot tubs warm and the units clean and well equipped. It is around 10 to 15 minutes to most Disney attractions, and around the corner to most restaurants and stores. The "vibe" of the resort was very laid back and quiet, mostly older people that I saw there, but it fit the bill perfectly for our four night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank indijones
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for 7 days/nights Jan 27-Feb 3 2014.
Rooms were very large and clean.
Two full bedrooms, master with very large en-suite, second bedroom had two single beds and a washroom in the hall way. Full kitchen, dining room, living room and screened sun room. Washer/dryer, dishwasher, paper towels, dishes, fully equipped.
The handles to operate the showers in the room need attention, they "pull out" to operate, however you have to pull them out extremely hard, to the point you think you are going to break them. I had to call maintenance to address this, however maintenance came within 1 minute of my call.
Pools were very clean and heated, as well as hot tubs.
New lounges at the pool with pads.
Gym had new equipment and all in working order and clean.
Security guard on duty as you pull in.
Front desk staff were first class, check-in was super!
Wi-fi was pretty good, and available in all areas.
Shopping was very close and so were restaurants.
Area is very quiet and proximity to the Parks is 10-15 minutes away.
I have stayed in this area the last 10 years, and I am sorry I only found out about this place now. I will be staying here on my future trips to this area.
This place is a hidden gem.
Steve H

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank ofd270
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 days, Unfortunately we could not stay longer (no availability). The rooms are very large. We used the spa-bath-tub, which was highly recommended after a Disney visit. (Too bad they don't run a shuttle service :)
For only 2 adults, the rooms are even too large (2 full baths and 2 bedrooms). But clean, quiet and comfortable. The free laundry machine next to your door is very convenient.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor, unless you need an elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hotelzoeker
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The grounds of this Resort are beautiful. We had a suite on the 3rd floor, and it was perfect. We were there to help our son get ready for his college program in the area, and the location was perfect for us. We used the kitchen a lot, an added savings to our trip. The property has security, and top notch service. We stayed for 8 nights, and it was wonderful. Laundry right outside your front door. If you have a car, you are close to Sea World, and all of the parks. Downtown Disney is just under two miles from the property. Thank you to everyone at The Polynesian Isles Resort, wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We had a room right by the tennis courts, and we did not hear a thing. There are no elevators, so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family