“great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Wijchen, The Netherlands
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

very spacious apartments, nicely lokated in Kissimmee, near Disney and outlet centers and regular shops and lots of restaurants. quiet surroundings, nice pool with hot tub, friendly staff.
other attractions like universal and gatorland within 30 min drive

Room Tip: a room around the pool area, super
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the resort, couldn't fault it at all. Our apartment was large and very comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. The swimming pool area was nice, we would highly recommend the Polynesian isles.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wales
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at this resort. We were in building 7 opposite one of the pools.

Yes, we didn't have an in-room washer/dryer, there was no lift and the wi-fi was not very good but this didn't stop us from having a lovely stay.

Pool was lovely and just found the whole resort to gave a very relaxed vibe which I enjoyed. It would gave been nice if there was a bar/cafe on site but we knew there wasn't when we booked.

Will definitely return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WellWelshWatkins
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love ths resort!!! I loved it so much I became a Diamond Int'l Resort owner...
The staff was helpful & friendly. The fitness center had all the bare necessities. I didn't get to experience eveyrthing the resort had to offer, so I will be back.
The room was excellent. I brought my daughter & fiance and they loved it just as well. They thought I made a good decision becoming an onwer.
The only complaint I had was that the wifi signal was too weak to get anything done on the internet, other than that this resort is great!

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Once again, we stayed at Polynesian Isles Resort and once again felt it was great value. The suites are spacious and well-equipped. Amenities such as pools, tennis courts, etc are easily accessible. Great place for a family as the property is very secure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jefftobin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a great experience, so happy I did my homework on Trip Advisor and found this wonderful gem. You can't go wrong with this location and the added sense of security that the 24 hour guard offers (although the area seems perfectly fine). This is a good location and the rooms are spacious. With the in room laundry option, we had no issue throwing in a load of towels during the 7 days we stayed (we didn't choose to add on maid service, not a big deal). My only complaints are weak wireless signal at times and a bit too firm master bedroom mattress, but not a deal breaker. I'd stay there again in an instant. Beautiful grounds, and friendly staff. DON'T HESITATE TO BOOK THIS!

Room Tip: Phase 1 rooms have w/d inside rooms, nice and handy for extended stays.
3 Thank Mitravelers4
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not happy at all with my stay at the polynesian resort Orlando Florida, and
wanted to share everything that made me feel this way about my stay.
Front Guard is slow, no need to right down license plate on a sticky note
and hand it back to me, waste of time and the lady at check in didn't even ask for the sticky note, the guard gave me at the entrance!
Fix the AC in the lobby, to hot and slow process!!! Very bad Frist
impression when you are checking into a supposedly, diamond resorts
international.
When I open the door to my two bedroom it was very small and no washer and
dryer like in the photos online. One of the main reasons we went with the two
bedroom was for the washer and dryer.
The kitchen sink hose used to rinse the plates was installed wrong and
useless due to it being tangled around the pluming under the sink and will
only extend 4" out of the sink.
I really think that the extra 10buck per night in resort fees should go
towards pressure washing the pool area. The small pool smells like moldy wet
towels and the pavers around both the pool are so dirty and slimy from months
of sunscreen wash off, kept me and others around me out of the pool who
mention the same thing. This is the worst I have ever seen at a Diamond
resort!

Room Tip: Don't use the pools.
5 Thank Chef E
Diamond R, Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay. We deeply apologize for the multiple difficulties you encountered during your visit. Our room assignments are made upon the arrival of our guests, and we strive to assign our guests a room type meeting their original request. While we have a high success rate in this process, during rare cases of sudden occupancy changes we may assign our guests to a comparable room type. We apologize if we were unable to meet your request due to availability. Please know the difficulties you encountered are definitely not how we aspire to host any of our guests and we hope to have the chance to communicate with you further, not only to gain a clearer understanding, but also to attempt to remedy the challenges you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and will strive to make the proper solutions internally to prevent similar situations from affecting future guests’ stays.