“Exceptional value for the Price”
Review of Golden Link Motel

Golden Link Motel
Ranked #44 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Gravesend, Kent, England
“Exceptional value for the Price”
Reviewed 12 October 2007

My wife and I spent 10 days here in September 2007 and found the Motel to be excellent all round. We stayed in a 'smoking room' but there was NO stale smoke smell and we didnt smoke in there either.
A newly decorated room with a huge walk in shower along with new fixtures and fittings in the main room, inclusive of a very comfortable bed/settee. All very pleasing in particular the huge kingsize bed.
There has been a change of staff since our previous visits and yet we found 'all' the new people to be just as capable and knowledgeable as those we encountered on previous stays. We liked the idea of 'no bar' which seemed to keep the 'drinking tourists away', though we did enjoy the odd six pack around the sumptious pool.
All in all we would both highly reccomend this Motel to anyone who doesn't want the Hustle and Bustle of International Drive, preferring the quiet of Kissimmee and yet the closeness of all the Parks and superb Shopping and Eateries.

• Liked — Clean Tidy and Well Appointed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TimM7768

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I was a walk in. Upon check in, I advised them it would be for two people. I was alone at check in as my guest was coming in behind me. When my guest arrived to the room, someone from the hotel stopped my guest to question who they were, what they were doing there. I received a phone call asking me if I was waiting for a guest in a certain car. My guest would not answer any of their questions and was told to leave. When I came out of my room to find out what was going on, the hotel person interrogating my guest told me with an attitude that they have problems in the hotel and my guest would not answer any of his questions. I told him it was not any of their business to question my guest. I did not stay at the here. Be prepared to be racially profiled.

• Liked — Lake in the back
  • Disliked — Treatment of my guest
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Lou R
mjonesOrlando, General Manager at Golden Link Motel, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
We do not racially profile any our our guests. We welcome all races and ages. We do, however, have on-sight security cameras and will investigate any suspicious behavior for the security of our guests.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2006

Golden link motel was Excellent 100% customer service all the staff was very very helpful. The room was comfortable clean excellent, best motel i ever stayed in the pass 10 years in kissimee orlando area!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Heated out door pool was excellent, nice beach to the rear end motel nice view, convenient to the acess main road did not had make u turns that was great just wait for the light. Price was excellent!!

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
united kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2004

We first stayed at the Golden Link Motel in 1988.It was then a family run buissness very clean prim and proper and priced at a very eneconimical rate.It has a lovely little pool which is always warm and shallow enough for the kids. But its right next to the street insted of being between the hotel and the lake it backs on to. we have stayed here many time in the past and had some lovely holidays there. Fishing in the lake and spending lots of time in the pool . but this last 4 years its being going down hill. We booked one night here recently because there had been a mix up with the hotel we had booked into and arriving late they had sold our room.How awfull it turned out to be. We booked 2 none smoking rooms which stank of ciggeretts . While the sheets and pillow cases were clean the rest of the bed covers looked as though they had never seen the luundry since they were new 6 years ago. The furniture, beds matresses and bathroom fittings looked realy tired . The provided towles looked worn out. The carpet was sticky and stiff, with the paintwork on the walls with muck and marks all over. If this wasnt bad enough as soon as we switched the light on cockroaches were running accross the floor. I know these are difficult pest to control and there is odd ones in every hotel.But I darnt tell my wife until we were comming home that I had also swatted a bed bug while she was in the bathroom. Although she caught me doing an inspectin when she came out I didnt tell her what I was looking for. Although I only found one, and no other evidence that was one too many. We couldnt get out fast enough. The motel wants gutting from top to bottom and compleatly refurbishing. Move the swimming pool to the rear. Make it a compleatly None Smoking. Build a breakfast bar, Charge an higher rate to a attract a different cliantell

8 Thank poacher
We try our best to prevent any pests by contracting with Orkin Pest control monthly. However, Florida climate is a struggle and many times pests sneak in with groceries and luggage. Should you ever have a problem, please contact the front desk immediately to resolve your issue. We dont like stow-aways.