I reserved two rooms June 2012 at a rate of $38 ( i was told upon check in that the rate has since gone up to what I don't know, so this rate might not be valid anymore) based on other reviews on T.A I was a little nervous as I am used to staying in hotels. We were only in the Orlando area for two days and I knew we would not be using the motel room except to crash at night after our days at the resorts.
This motel is dated but not run down, it reminds me of the motels my family stayed at during road trips in the 1970s's. It is an exterior corridor motel with two floors, we stayed on the first floor and were able to park right in front of our doors. It has a heated pool (did not use) and juice and coffee are offered in the morning (did not use). I never felt unsafe and the area was well lit.
The rooms were clean and the a/c units worked just fine. The rooms are a bit musty but its FL and the outside air was humid and hot. No bugs in the room that I saw, no dirt. The beds were comfortable enough.
The bath area was very clean and there were little bars of soap and shampoo. There were enough towels for three people
The check in was very easy and the front desk clerks were very nice and accommodating. The only con that made me wonder was when we pulled in the O on the sign was broken and so the sign resembled motel signs from B movies. I would suggest to the owners to get the light bulbs fixed in the O as not to appear run down.
If you are flexible, looking for just a place to crash after a day at the parks for an affordable rate this is the place. If you are high maintenance and need luxury then stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Link Motel is a AAA rated property located just 4 miles east of Disney on the shores of Lake Cecile. We offer free continental breakfast daily with coffee, orange juice and assorted danish. Our swimming pool is heated year-round to 86F degrees. All rooms come with a free refrigerator, microwave, safe, and free wireless internet. Our guests enjoy a coin laundry complete with irons. Come enjoy our peaceful lakefront with fishing dock, barbeque grill, and picnic area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Golden Link Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Link Hotel Kissimmee
- Hampton Inn Kissimmee
- Golden Link Motel Kissimmee, Florida