“Simple, Great and No Frills”
Review of Golden Link Motel

Golden Link Motel
Ranked #46 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I reserved two rooms June 2012 at a rate of $38 ( i was told upon check in that the rate has since gone up to what I don't know, so this rate might not be valid anymore) based on other reviews on T.A I was a little nervous as I am used to staying in hotels. We were only in the Orlando area for two days and I knew we would not be using the motel room except to crash at night after our days at the resorts.

This motel is dated but not run down, it reminds me of the motels my family stayed at during road trips in the 1970s's. It is an exterior corridor motel with two floors, we stayed on the first floor and were able to park right in front of our doors. It has a heated pool (did not use) and juice and coffee are offered in the morning (did not use). I never felt unsafe and the area was well lit.

The rooms were clean and the a/c units worked just fine. The rooms are a bit musty but its FL and the outside air was humid and hot. No bugs in the room that I saw, no dirt. The beds were comfortable enough.

The bath area was very clean and there were little bars of soap and shampoo. There were enough towels for three people

The check in was very easy and the front desk clerks were very nice and accommodating. The only con that made me wonder was when we pulled in the O on the sign was broken and so the sign resembled motel signs from B movies. I would suggest to the owners to get the light bulbs fixed in the O as not to appear run down.

If you are flexible, looking for just a place to crash after a day at the parks for an affordable rate this is the place. If you are high maintenance and need luxury then stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I would stay towards the back of the buildings as to avoid the noise of the traffic area (the motel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TN2009

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Looking for an economical, clean and safe hotel for your stay in Kissimmee FL? You'll find what you need at Golden Link. Rooms are ultra-clean, area is safe but right in the heart of Kissimmee, easy to get in and out even in the worst of traffic (located at red light at highways 192 and 535). I make a couple trips a year to visit my Mom and always stay here. Rooms have cable TV, hair dryer, frig and microwave for no extra charge. Also wireless internet and heated pool. Located on Lake Cecile and nice view of the lake. Amazing how quiet the rooms are even that close to the highway. The staff is always overly helpful and there is coffee, juice and pastry in the lobby each morning. I highly recommend this motel and will continue to stay here each time I come down for a visit.

Room Tip: Deskclerk will often hand TWO keys to the guest and let you pick which you want. I've stayed in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Robin L
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We do certainly recommend this one.
Rooms are good enough and clean, despite noisy AC. The hotel has a pool and offers a small breakfast for an extremely lot price in comparison with others.
It has also a large green area with a grill and a dock on the Lake Cecile.
Just on the other side of the street you've restaurants and a Publix supermarket, which are all of advantage.
Location is good as it is very close to the park area of Orlando.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Roberto_Vazzo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Exelent location near principal atractions on front of lake Cecile, great well mantained outdoor pool.Nice and clean acomodations, friendly staff and exelent price. A great place to stay in Kissimme. I stayed there altmost every year during summer vacations and always satisfied with this hotel..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DPere
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The wife and I were given a night away by a relative, who volunteered to stay with our son. I researched local motels, because we didn't want to go too far away. We've been driving by Golden Link for over 10 years and never thought twice about it. After seeing the reviews, we decided to give it a shot, and are glad we did. We paid $60 for a king bed room. The room was wonderfully clean and smelled fresh. The bed was nice and soft. The AC worked quite well.

We didn't use the pool, but it was clean and well-maintained. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast, which amounted to vending-machine goodies. (Donut sticks, small packs of donuts, and honey buns.)

The only complaint we had was the shower. It would go from warm to scalding hot and back again every 30 seconds or so. It was like some wave of fire was rolling back and forth, superheating the water before letting it temporarily cool down again. However, this was not a big deal; it just took some adjusting of the shower handle to figure out how to keep from burning ourselves. No big deal.

Next time we get a night away, we'll be sure to stay here again. As others have said, this is NOT a resort. You don't have hair dryers, coffee makers, in-room masseuses, room service, or anything else, although there WERE mini-fridges and microwaves in each room. For our purposes, that's all we needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mathdaddy
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed at this motel for a few days while in Orlando area. Chose it because of the tripadvisor reviews. If you read through the reviews, you should have a good understanding of what this motel is and is not.

It is a very clean, lovingly maintained, not many frills, family owned motel. There weren't coffee makers or shampoos and lotions, but there was a mini-fridge, free wi-fi and great air conditioner. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and warm, positioned between the hotel and the street.

This is not a resort, but a motel. It did have a very nice green lawn and pond in the back, was convenient and incredibly affordable.

The room price was definitely old school. When you book, I would recommend calling the motel directly. The price was less than any booking sites. We got the rooms for $45 a night including the tax.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SB-Home
Reviewed 16 June 2012

It was late in the afternoon. I didn't have much time to find a place to stay for the night. I wanted to be close to that "Sharkeys Lounge" just on the other side of the road. The room was bigger than most i've seen. It seemed to be fresh and spotless. Very little noise at night which made it easy to sleep. Will be back here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo