“Clean Safe and Reasonable Rates”
Review of Golden Link Motel

Golden Link Motel
Ranked #45 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Florida City, Florida
“Clean Safe and Reasonable Rates”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This motel is clean and safe with very reasonable rates. I have been stay with this hotel off an on for Disney trips for 20 years now. The people are honest (returned a wedding ring left on one visit). The motel is located on a lake just 10 miles from Disney. Best Value in the resort area!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Please disregard any negative reviews about this place. If you want a safe and comfortable place to stay than this is your place. We stayed here 3 years ago for the first time and for $43.00 a night it was just as good as a room that costs $100.00 a night. Second visit was just as good as the first. You are less than 10 min away from Disney and Seaworld. Location is great. Rooms are extremely clean and spacious. Stayed here 2 weeks and would go back again and again.
Thank you Golden Link again for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chad m
Sao Sebastiao, SP
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Madame Sheila is the landlady,she has very attencion, friendly and sweet with the guests.The place has a lot of the big,clean and safety rooms,has a big parking too,and a beach river in the back with a pier...excelent place to stay!!!Very near of the principal attrations,markets,malls,I will come back,and will stay again in Golden Link Motel!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Din022
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

American Owned and American Managed, this cozy family run waterfront motel is indeed
a JEWEL ! My room #108 was spotless; Clean, Clean, Clean ! The mattress was firm and comfortable. (I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis so I know a good mattress.) Jet Skis, BBQ & Picnic Area, heated pool, too. The FREE INTERNET was lightning fast and worked perfectly in my room; easy to sign-on and no outages. Swimming pool is heated and was very clean, too. The furniture is a tad vintage and the television has not been upgraded to HD Flat-Screen yet. Everything however is all well maintained / in good condition and works well. Who comes to Disney to watch TV anyway? I've stayed at Disney Hotels and Orlando Hotels, but I prefer a Kissimmee location on Rt 192. It's much More Economical; Faster Access to Magic Kingdom than many Disney Hotels; Walmart, Target, Grocery Stores are close-by if you need something. All the staff at the Golden Link are so very accommodating and thoughtful. Sheila, Sigrid, and Julie at the front desk are just wonderful. They are really knowledgeable about Disney and the surrounding area, and are happy to give directions and advice. If you are looking for an HD Flat Screen TV and Expensive Luxury Furniture, by all means stay at the Waldorf=Astoria Orlando. I've stayed there, it's very nice. If you are looking for an AFFORDABLE, CLEAN, American Owned, Family Friendly, Waterfront Motel, with a heated pool and comfortable beds... not to mention a very convenient location for Disney...Golden Link is where you should stay. "

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank marcusexp
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before we went to gktw.room was clean.had what we needed.good price for what you get.what was great was the service.
If your looking for a real flash hotel with new room this isnt it but if your looking for a low price hotel with friendly staff this is a good option.

• Stayed September 2012
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I visit Golden Link often due to business travel and find the hotel conveniently located, good price and good service, so far! The other day I was taking coffee in the front desk area and a customer was doing a check out. One of the maids came in and HE started talking to her in Spanish. She amicabli responded to the customer. The Front Desk person, who has an accent as if from Europe, got upset and almost screamed "No, only English." twice. The gentleman told her that he spoke English, Italian and Spanish and that he preferred to talk to the maid in Spanish. He was visibly shocked and the maid lowered her head and left embarrased. The gentleman checked out and left and I could tell he was upset by the way he looked at me, since I was just standing there in shock. I was furious!!! How in this day and age can there be someone working a front desk of a hotel, where people of all parts of the world come to, for example, Disney World, tell someone to ONLY speak English. I have NEVER had this experience anywhere else. This employee does NOT deserve to deal with customers. Maybe she should be in a warehouse or somewhere where she has no customer contact.

Room Tip: Close to office
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jberry751
mmj8886, General Manager at Golden Link Motel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
As the owner and manager, I find this hard to accept. I myself speak German and a little Spanish. In fact, most of our employees are bilingual (2 Spanish, 3German, 1Welch). We welcome our guests to speak in whatever language they are most comfortable with. If this indeed happened, we apologize for the offense and would love for you to get a name, as we do wear nametags. Thank you for your input. We hoope you will visit us again on your next trip.
Northwood, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks during our vacation this winter. I would stay here again for sure. The price was right. The hotel isn't a super big place, parking can be a little bit of a hassle if they are full, but not a huge problem. The main thing to know when you stay here is that you are not staying in a 4 or 5 star hotel, but you aren't paying for a 4 or 5 star hotel either.

The rooms were very clean. There were only 2 of us but since we were on vacation for 3 weeks and trying to cook some of our own meals, we had quite a bit of stuff with us and the room got a little small after a while if we didn't stay organized. They aren't fancy rooms, they do their job, they're clean, that's what important to me. There weren't many towels in the rooms when we got there, but you can certainly ask for more or they can be replaced if you have your room refreshed by the housekeeping staff (which we didn't). The one thing that was missing from the room that I found a little odd was a box of Kleenex. Not a big deal since I had brought some of my own anyways, but something that basic that was missing I found kind of odd.

The pool was nice. They said it's heated to 86 degrees. I would have liked it a little bit warmer, but it was still nice and still warmer than a lot of pools in the area, especially since the weather kept changing from warm to cold to warm again (plus they keep a solar cover on it at night which is a great idea, too bad more hotels don't do that).

The breakfast in the morning isn't much. Coffee, orange juice that was pretty watered down some days, and a few packaged donuts/pastries. My husband would go and get his coffee every morning and sometimes a package of donuts or something, but since there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room we were able to make our own breakfast.

Out back there is a picnic area and some more lounge chairs. We took our portable camping stove and a few disposable grills so we were able to make our own suppers some nights if we were at the hotel and not at the parks or baseball games.

Overall, the hotel isn't much but you're not paying much. It's nice, clean, and we felt safe. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple