“Totally Satisfied”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Arrived 3/25/12 for 3 nights. This hotel is clean, (I even saw staff hand wiping moldings), well, lit, well run, in a great location, near Disney & a block from Old Town. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. Breakfast was very good & included eggs, waffled, sausage, fruits, breads, etc. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was larger than most, with a sleeper sofa & small kitchenette. The price was a very good value. We were totally satisfied.

Room Tip: Do your homework. I searched the internet for days before I found this hotel, which had very good ra...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert P
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Maingate East

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked this hotel, as it offered all the amenities that I was looking for, including: large suites, breakfast included, close to Disney, etc.. I spent a lot of time reading all the reviews, (the good and the bad) and I hope to address them all. Upon arriving at the hotel, the lobby was well kept and clean, check in went smoothly, room was clean, everything exactly the way I had hoped.

The breakfast was a buffet style, and it varied slightly everyday, offering your basic, eggs, sausage, breads, cereal, and my daughter's favourite Mickey Mouse waffles! The coffee was good, and an added bonus, was that it was offered all day long.

On previous reviews I noticed people complained about the elevators being slow, yes they were not your fastest moving elevators, but nothing that would deter me from choosing this hotel.

The pool area, was well kept, and my kids loved how it was heated. Not sure if they mention on the website or not, but the kiddie pool is closed, and they are doing some sort of work on it. The hot tub looked OK, although I did not use it.

My one complaint was the large groups of students that this hotel caters to. At night time they would come back from their various outings, and they would bombard the pool area from about 9pm until 11pm...and if you happen to be in the lobby when they arrived then it was almost impossible to get on the elevator...but I must say, at no time, did any of the students or kids misbehave...there just seemed to be a lot and after a long day at the park, I would have loved to sit by the pool/ bar let the kids have a swim, and wind down, but every-night that we were there...it just became to crowded..so we would just go upstairs to our room.

With that being said, I had no trouble whatsoever, we were close to shopping, dining, you are able to get tickets for various attractions right at the hotel, and they even offer shuttle buses, although we opted to drive ourselves, so I can't comment on the shuttle service.

Check out was easy, and I found everyone at the front desk to be friendly and willing to help you out. I would definitely stay here again, when travelling in the area, especially if you are travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Skycam_12
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Our family of 4 adults stayed at Maingate East March 24-31/2012. We booked it as part of a package that included airfare and car rental. I was a bit apprehensive about 4 of us staying in one room but the room was so large, it wasn't an issue. We had 2 very comfortable queen beds and a pull out couch. With everything that was included it was an awesome value. We really appreciated the breakfast which always included eggs, cereal selection, juices, coffee & tea, breads, fresh waffles, fruit and sometimes sausage or ham - there was plenty of choice. I also enjoyed having tea & coffee available 24 hours. The staff here is so friendly and helpful that I can't understand any guest having an issue. The pool was quite a bit larger than I imagined from the pictures and it was always quite warm. The hot tub is tucked in a quieter area and was great after a long day in the parks. I just cannot say enough about this hotel. The next time we visit this area we will absolutely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember to request 2 queens rather than 1 king if you have a larger group.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Hookedonjetfuel
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family of 5 stayed here a week. We never had an issue with anything! Our room was big and clean. Our housekeeper was incredible. The breakfast was good. Something different everyday. We enjoyed the pool which is open 24hrs. My kids liked that they could swim anytime at night after we got back from the Parks. I will say if your in a hurry take the stairs, the elevators are really slow..But we still really enjoyed this hotel and our stay here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank heidi t
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have stayed at a couple different places over the past 8 years of being a florida resident enjoying Orlando. And finally I find a place that has everything our family needs. And the price!!! It was so awesome! And Old town is in walking distance! I cant wait to go back and stay here! Didnt get to try out the pool since it was cold. But next time we will

Room Tip: The suites are awesome
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank srr91899
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel is the "jewel of the nile" just outside of disney. We have have stayed in other hotels from international blvd to kirkland avenue in last few years and they were just ok. We were looking for something better in the same moderate price range and were searching online for a non smoking and pet free hotel and wa-la this location pops up. This hotel is set back off rt 192 just minutes from disney and near many eateries, gas stations and stores. The room was large, beautiful, and clean. The towels were heavy gauge and plentiful. The lobby and common hallways were very well maintained. The hot breakfast buffet had the largest selection we have seen. The pool was huge and nicely placed in the back of the hotel with a nice cocktail bar also available. There were people of all age ranges, families, singles and couples who all co-existed very well during our three day stay. We will definetly be returning to this hotel when we visit disney again in may, it has a touch of elegance but it doesn't come out of your wallet. Happy travels, mike and celeste z

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank mgzinnel
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here while I was in town for the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon. Originally I wanted to stay on the resort, but the price here was too good to pass up.

The hotel was okay. I stayed in one of the older rooms, which seemed to need a little updating. But everything was in working condition and the bed was comfortable, so I didn't complain. The housekeeping team did a very good job of cleaning, and making sure they got in early instead of waiting late like some hotel chains do.

The breakfast buffet was ok. They did have quite a bit of options, but it wasn't the best buffet I've ever had. The mickey waffles were a nice touch. Too bad they were cold :(

The worst thing about the hotel was the elevator. It was so SLOW!! It was by far the slowest elevator I'd ever seen in my life. When I was alone I just took the stairs (which are way on the other side of the lobby) because I would still get to my room faster than using the elevator. Surely there's something they can do about that.

Overall, the hotel met my needs for the weekend so I was happy. Not sure I'd stay there again though, unless I'm traveling with a large group.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family