We stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East this October (2013) from the 2-16th, right before it got busy for the holidays and Halloween.
The hotel is in a great location, just behind Old Town and Fun Spot USA which is great for things to do when you're not at Disney World or one of the other theme parks.
The hotel itself is in good condition and is very clean. The rooms are comfortable but like most hotels in busy resorts are in need of a style update (Important to note that this is my personal opinion on taste) The Hotel offers complimentary breakfast every morning offering a variety of foods. (eggs, some kind of meat, cereals, waffles etc) Most of it wasn't to my tastes and there wasn't many healthy options besides bananas and apples. There is also a pool bar which opens in the afternoon and serves snacks (chrisps) and junk food and drinks of all varieties. The only down side about the pool bar I must note is it only opens at 3pm which sucks if you don't want to walk out to Old Town and are hungry at 1pm (Like me...lazy on holiday)
There is a small shop which sells drinks, snacks, sun screen, shorts etc
There is also a on site attraction ticket agent and there are free shuttles to the parks too.
Although your room has a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and sink THERE ARE NO CUPS, PLATES, BOWLS OR CUTLERY. which I found VERY irritating. (I am only 27yrs old but I like my morning cup of tea in a mug NOT a bloody plastic cup!)
Walls are paper thin to the hallway- If you're a light sleeper, noisy people heading down to breakfast will annoy you.
The lifts are very slow coming up to the floors (important to note that I stayed on the 2nd floor so walked up most times)
Hotel attracts travel groups of kids (largely due to the free breakfast I'd say)
Its a great location, just 15 mins or so away from the Disney parks. The Lynx Bus stops just at the front of Old Town so you can use the public transport system easily without getting lost (virtually impossible to do when you can see Old Towns A-frame from a mile away!)
So many restaurants and attraction on your door step so you wont get bored or have to go far for entertainment or shopping.
Generally, you get what you pay for here. It was great for us. I would stay again for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Kissimmee hotel is located just 2 miles from Walt Disney World Resort and is a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. Enjoy the great amenities at this hotel in Kissimmee like flat screen TV's, quad charging stations, complimentary deluxe hot & cold buffet breakfast and complimentary scheduled shuttle to all major Orlando theme parks. Relax by the outdoor pool or whirlpool spa any time day or night, or have a drink at Barracuda Bart’s poolside bar. The hotel is close to Osceola Heritage Park, Silver Spurs Arena and Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports. Bring the family to Comfort Suites Maingate East where great memories are made! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites Maingate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Maingate East
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Kissimmee, Florida