“Comfortable and affordable stay; Great for families”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 16 November 2013

As always, reviews from Tripadvisor are reliable. I chose this hotel for a 6-night 2-room stay for a family of 11 and was not disappointed.

The rooms are of good size, well-maintained, and clean. Water pressure was very good. Housekeeping service was excellent and they remembered each day that we needed extra towels versus the standard 4 towels usually provided.

All the rooms come with free breakfast….and it wasn't your usual cold breakfast either. There are hot food choices, as well as waffles, fruit, cereals, breads, etc. Definitely substantial enough to get ready for a day at a theme park.

Lots of places to eat by Highway 192, a few minutes' walking distance from the hotel. The area felt safe too so it wasn't a problem to walk from the highway to the hotel.

Shuttle service to/from Universal Studios and Disney World is free. For Disney World, if you want to leave later or earlier than the shuttle pick-up time, it's easy enough to take the Lynx #56 bus going to Old Town for $2.00 per adult.

I would definitely come back to this hotel if I ever go back to Orlando. While it may not be a 5-star hotel, the service and upkeep are more than enough reasons to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms right in front of the elevators are the "upgraded rooms" and are bigger than the...
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Maingate East

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Have checked out this morning after a stay of 12 nights! Do not have any complaints at all about this hotel. Staff were always pleasant and helpful and rooms clean and comfortable. It was always a great surprise to us each evening when we returned to our room as to see if we would have a towel animal on our bed or how many different ways can pillows be arranged?
If there was a down side it was the fire alarm going off at 2.15am and the whole hotel had to evacuate. But staff were on hand giving out blankets if you wanted on. There is a good range of dishes at breakfast, maybe not always to our taste but there was enough choice that we did not go hungry.
Would return to this hotel again and think it has a great location next to old town.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nitandste
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We been in this hotel 3 already and it was a great experience. After our first stay they send us membership card and they always upgrade our room since then with out additional charge..

What we lije about this hotel?

1. Location walking distance from old town where you can have a great night out lots of bars, lots od restaurants, lots of souvenir shops, and of course rides forchildreen but im such a chicken so we never tried one.

2. Shuttle service for disney land

3.huge room can accomadate 4 or more people during our second stay (aug 2013) we brought 2 teen age daughter of my hubby and they are comfortable staying in the convertible chair to bed in the living room.

4.big bathroom with 2 sinks

5. Nice kitchen set up( microwave , coffee maker and. Refrigerator).

6. Colorful lobby with friendly stuff.

7. With complimentary break fast during our 2nd stay we tried it and we dont really like it so we didnt try during our last trip but dont get me wrong they a lot of food every one has its preference.

8. Nice bar set up by the pool.

9. We always have nice view to our room faving the old town.

Room Tip: If youre going to disland and wanted a cheaper hotel well this hotel is for you disland hotel are ti...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dianne_tjm
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Wednesday, October 16th
After traveling for about 8 hours on the road with sons aged 7, 4, and 2, I was ecstatic to finally reach our destination of Comfort Suites at midnight. My excitement was short lived once I approached the check-in desk. Being the only guest needing assistance at the desk and after patiently waiting for 10 seconds, ROSIE had not addressed my presence at all and seemed more concerned with typing into the computer that I'm standing directly behind. My response to her: "If I'm invisible to you, can you please find someone who will assist me?" Rosie's response: "I was waiting for you to say something to me." (What tha ...!!?) Boy, did Rosie receive a 2 min. course on Customer Service from me!! I was livid!! When I was done, her attitude and responses were more positive and pleasant during the remainder of my check-in process.

Having gone through such an ordeal at check-in, the rest of our stay was wonderful!! They had me at the FREE breakfast buffet at $79/night via bookit.com. We visited Universal Studios and Sea World using the free shuttle service. The bus drivers were very helpful and also bilingual; I may have heard them speak 4 different languages. Overall, we had a great time and will definitely revisit Comfort Suites.

Oh, there's one more thing ... a food delivery service flyer was delivered underneath our door. It came at a time when my husband and I were finalizing our dinner plans. My husband reviewed the flyer and we considered ordering a family offer, but I'm so thankful my husband became suspicious of the restaurant. The flyer contained no address, so he went online and up came several red scam alerts. Future guests be aware; I've included a picture of the flyer for your viewing!

4  Thank LeavingTheMetro
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

First let me apologize for our poor service at check-in as our hotel believes in customer service and this matter will be reviewed. I can fully identify that after such a lengthy traveling day with young children all you wanted was an easy check-in and then rest.

I am glad that after the check-in problem you had a pleasant stay and you will revisit.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is our 2nd time here.first time was 5 years ago. On that time this hotel used to be no. 1 in Kissimmee. Now (according to ta) it is only 7th. I can tell why. Don't get me wrong.it is still a great hotel, great front desk, good breakfast and the winning location. We took the new decorated room (big room divided to 2 areas, flat tv, microwave, ref.). The room was good. The wifi in the room (722) was awful. Actually in our whole trip this was the lousiest wifi. Too bad. In the past they used to give the guests a welcome kit - no more. They sell tickets to main attractions at the hotel, but unless you take the promotion kit (which will save you a lot of money) - the prices are higher than it he gate price due to the commission you pay here. In room safes are provided but you should pay extra $$$ for that. Overall it is a great hotel and the price is just fine. Go for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tomersp

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area. You mentioned you had stayed previously and we had fallen down in some areas from your last stay.

I apologize for the wifi not working properly and will find out why. We still do give out welcome back baskets (and I don't like to use this excuse) but we upgraded our computer system about 2 years ago and lost a lot of guest history.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your stay as it helps us to be a better hotel.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Well...the reviews are true, this really is a great place to stay while visiting Disney. Got a great rate by paying in advance, large room with a separate sitting area, love seat, table and chairs. There is a wet bar, upper cabinets, microwave and small refrigerator that holds a lot. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows each, very comfy. The bathroom is spacious. Room was quiet, saw kids about but didn't hear a peep. The best thing about this hotel is the large pool area, BIG clean pool and a jacuzzi hidden by some lovely palms, truly gives the feeling of being on vacation, great after a long day on your feet. The breakfast was plentiful, fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal, some hot items, more than enough. And finally the staff, Conrad, this one is for you, thank you for your courtesy you made us feel welcome, and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelsByRita

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and taking the time to compose such positive comments about our facility.

We're glad you particularly enjoyed our pool area and mentioning Conroy for his positive and friendly attitude.

Once again thanks for staying and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

First time in USA and had a fantastic stay. Warm welcome when we arrived after a very long flight. The rooms are large and spacious. Hotel is clean. Complimentary breakfast a nice touch, waffles, cereal, toast, ham or sausage, scrambled egg and fruit. As we did not bother with car hire we found the free shuttle bus to the parks very good. There were 2 departures and returns a day to and from Magic Kingdom and 1 departure and return a day to and from Universal and SeaWorld. The coach drivers on the shuttle services were very helpful making sure people got on right coach and telling people if there were any changes to the Disney Parks schedule or bus schedule. On the nights where we came back from a long day and could not be bothered to go out the bar was very good serving drinks and a selection of food, with pleasant staff. All in all a great base for a busy holiday at the theme parks.

3  Thank sophie13_10
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first stay in the USA. I see by your comments you had an enjoyable holiday visiting the attractions and still had time for some relaxation.

Thank you also for taking the time to write such positive commentary about our hotel staff, breakfast and other amenites offered.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip here.