We stayed here on a holiday for Disney and Universal.
Our room was a great size - very spacious. We were at the front of the hotel so we overlooked the Old Town. The room was clean and well furnished - it didn't seem dated to us - and at the end of the day it is somewhere to rest your head after a long day wandering the parks! The only minor issue was the bath - the shower was fine but the plug wouldn't stay so we couldn't have baths but with the hot weather this wasn't a problem. The air-con was really loud but it is necessary to have it on. The Old Town amusement park can be a bit noisy at the weekends but the noise doesn't go on past midnight.
The breakfast is perfect. A great choice of hot and cold food, fruit, juices, coffees, tea etc. We never had a problem with the buffet being busy at all. There were always plenty of tables - we didn't visit in peak season but those that have put negative reviews about it being busy in peak season - what do you expect?!
The shuttle to and from the parks is great. It's a shame there is only one shuttle a day each way to Universal (perhaps there's more in peak season?!) but we had more than enough time in the parks. A tip with the Disney shuttle: if you want to maximise your time in the parks - get the earliest bus from the hotel to Epcot and then go to whichever Disney park using the fantastic and free Disney transportation. Then get the last bus of the day back from the magic kingdom. We did this everyday of our holiday and with a Disney hopper meaning you can go in and out of parks as you please you don't have to wait around for the bus. It involves a bit more travel but at no extra cost and if you really want to get the most out of the parks then this is definitely the best option. Don't listen to the staff on the sales desk in the hotel - a hire car is not necessary and with parking on Disney property around $14 a day it certainly isn't worth it. We used a local bus on one of the days which was useful but the hotel shuttle is so much easier.
If you have any questions about the park or even the area surrounding the hotel then ask the bus driver NOT the hotel staff. They knew absolutely nothing about the parks or Kissimmee. Completely unhelpful but one of the bus drivers (not sure of his name) is brilliant. Before the bus leaves he tells you opening times of each park, where the bus will pick up from etc - he is brilliant.
We had an issue one night when we received a call to our room at 9pm claiming to be from reception asking for card details - I hung up the phone and went down to reception to report it and the response was "yes that happens sometimes" but nothing was done about it, no apology made. Just be cautious, the caller said there had been a malfunction with the hotel's system and he needed to take my details to re-install it into the system. This was the downside to the hotel - the staff didn't seem concerned by the call which unnerved us.
Unfortunately we didn't get time to use the pool or the bar but they looked well kept.
A great hotel - good value for money. Great facilities but the staff could do with some extra training - especially with regards to putting calls through to guests rooms - perhaps a little more screening is necessary?
Overall a great stay and we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Kissimmee hotel is located just 2 miles from Walt Disney World Resort and is a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. Enjoy the great amenities at this hotel in Kissimmee like flat screen TV's, quad charging stations, complimentary deluxe hot & cold buffet breakfast and complimentary scheduled shuttle to all major Orlando theme parks. Relax by the outdoor pool or whirlpool spa any time day or night, or have a drink at Barracuda Bart’s poolside bar. The hotel is close to Osceola Heritage Park, Silver Spurs Arena and Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports. Bring the family to Comfort Suites Maingate East where great memories are made! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Maingate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Maingate East
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Kissimmee, Florida