Okay, I'm sure you're saying that can't be right but let me tell you that for us, it is. My husband has been staying in this hotel since the early 90's when he used to vacation in Florida from Iowa. He moved here in 2001, we ,met in 2003 and have been coming here as a family ever since. So we are talking 20+ years of this hotel for a review so you can't go wrong. Yes, we live here and we still go to Orlando for our vacations, or sometimes just because we have the same night off of work and need a nighttime getaway. We tried the lesser costly hotels ONCE ($35-50) and said, "Nope, no way ever again" We even recently stayed a couple of nights at Disney Resort Hotels (Art of Animation once and All-Star Movies one once). Don't get me wrong. The outer exterior of these two hotels is phenomenal. You will never, ever see anything like it. THAT is the only thing, however, that is worth the $99 per night we paid (and we only paid that because we have a Florida Resident Discount - normally it is around $150 OFF-season. Once we step inside the hotel room itself, it reminded us of the cheap $35-$50 hotel room we stayed in with the only difference being it had Disney decals on the wall. Kind of cute but seriously? You're not paying for the room. You're paying for the exterior. (And no, the beds were not comfortable, either).
So let's move to Comfort Suites and why, no matter what hotel we "try", we always come back to Maingate East. Plenty of parking, the grounds are very well kept, and of course it has very, VERY friendly staff (my husband can seem like he is a little rough around the edges but is quite the opposite and they never, ever take him the wrong way or give an attitude back to him (yeah, some places do because they don't take the moment or two to see he is just a "dry sense of humor/manner of speaking" sort of guy. Seriously, this staff is GREAT! Okay, moving on past the GREAT staff (yeah, this is very rare so I said it again), the hotel is always clean and in great condition. It has a beautiful outdoor swimming pool area and a separate spa/hot tub area and a young child's pool-type play area, and inside it has a gym/workout room and a game room for the kids (plus the oh so handy "mini convenience store". The rooms themselves are always clean and ready for you to "move in". Refrigerator, microwave, tv with cable, and the VERY important coffee maker is also there for you. Also there are plenty of outlets everywhere for your techno-gadgets. Some rooms have a normal bathtub and others have the very spacious and cozy bath-cuzzi I call it. The beds are soooo comfortable that I try shoving one in my suitcase to bring home with me. I haven't succeeded at this yet :) Every morning a hot and cold breakfast bar is ready for you (healthy fruit and yogurt/ cereal and toast or bagel/or go for the meat and eggs kind of breakfast. This is included in your room price so it is nice. The hotel itself is also very conveniently located to all four Disney Parks, Universal/Islands of Adventure, local shopping (even Walmart) and restaurants (fast food to nice sit downs), and right across the street is Old Town shopping and a few fun rides for the kids as well as Fun Spot which is fun for everyone. And if you are looking for quiet? You cannot hear through the walls or doors. (We've stayed a long time ago at the hotels on site at Universal and the walls were so thin, it was horrible - and those rooms cost $300 a night. We don't stay there anymore).
Also, If you have any trouble with the room itself like a stopped up drain? They take care of it right away.
We simply cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. We have never had one single problem that would cause us to say anything negative about it. So whether my husband and I just need a night away when we are both off of work or we take our son and go for a family vacation, this is our hotel. You will be happy making it yours too :)
And once again, THE STAFF IS GREAT!!! (Oh, they also have housekeeping, but we never ask them for anything. I am just not comfortable asking someone to clean up behind me on a daily basis and always make sure the room is as clean as I can make it for them when we check out. However, as we pass them in the hallways from time to time, they are wonderful and pleasant, as are the maintenance and kitchen staff. GREAT STAFF!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated Three Diamond AAA hotel is located just 2 miles from the Walt Disney World Resort and is a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. Enjoy the great amenities at this hotel in Kissimmee like flat screen TV's, quad charging stations, complimentary wifi and deluxe hot & cold buffet breakfast as well as the complimentary scheduled shuttle to all major Orlando theme parks. Relax by the outdoor pool or whirlpool spa any time day or night, or have a drink at Barracuda Bart’s poolside bar. The hotel is practically adjacent to Old Town & Fun Spot and close to Osceola County Softball fields, Osceola Heritage Park, Silver Spurs Arena and Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports. Parking is ample and free and there is never a resort fee. Bring the family to Comfort Suites Maingate East where great memories are made! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites Maingate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Maingate East
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Maingate East Kissimmee, Florida