“Good hotel but very poor customer service”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
lincoln
“Good hotel but very poor customer service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very good hotel .Room was amazing and clean . Breakfast was good and most staff were helpful . We booked our holiday through Virgin and had emailed the manager before we left the uk. We arrived to front desk and booked in ok. The next morning I had an invoice put under our door saying that we had been booked out. Phoned front desk and was told it was a mistake and would have to take both keys back to have them reprogrammed. When we got to front desk Rosie was there and she went into the back office. She then stood in the door way and told the person in the back I will just tell them. we was told the room had been given to some one else and we would have to move. I had to get the manager out and told him that we had unpacked and I didn't think it was fair to have to move and he agreed with me. The rest of the stay was ok but not sure I would stay again.

Room Tip: higher floors are best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul s
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area. I would like to apologize for the confusion caused about your room. I have copied my Guest Service Manager on your comments for his follow-up as this should not have happened.

Despite this occurence I appreciate the positive comments given about our rooms and breakfast.

Once again I apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Bob Schafer, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
houlton, me
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent seven nights here and it was a great stay. We wanted a king room when we got there but they were sold out. However the first chance they had they upgraded us for our needs the folks were all receptive and freindly! from Dan at Baracudas to all the front desk, they all were great!! Thanks for making our stay a good one.. We hope to get back your way soon.

Room Tip: we only had a view of the pool and it was was great.
1 Thank iveyshoulton
Dear Ivey,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Glad we were able to sort out the room you requested and our staff service was accomodating to your needs.

Hope to see you again soon.

Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wow, I wasn't expecting as great of a hotel as this one. I travel quite a bit and find myself staying at Choice hotels quite a bit....so at my recent stay in Orlando I thought I would stay three nights at this hotel. I was really impressed first by the staff. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were really nice, we ended up getting a suite that had two rooms and two bathrooms overlooking the pool on the second floor. Oh and the pool area is great! Secluded hot tub...nice sized heated pool with plenty of lounge chairs around it. And there is a Tiki Bar! The one drawback a person could say is the Tiki Bar doesn't open until 3pm but I am guessing not too many guests are hanging around the hotel during the day to make it worth their while.

Another great feature is that the pool is open 24 hours! Yup, so after a long day of walking the parks in the heat, a person can chill with some drinks at the Tiki and take a dip in the pool! In addition to the Tiki, for a choice hotel, this was by far the best breakfast layout I have experienced. Plenty of hot food and chocolate chip and also blueberry waffles!

Great overall place to stay, about 15 minute drive to the parks...free parking...easy walks to some Souviner shops and restaurants nearby (gift shop on site for last minute sunscreen and such). Old Town and one other amusement park are right there but we didn't have time for that. Also, I have some friends in the area, so didn't need to use the free shuttle to the parks but my guess is it was pretty convenient if needed.

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room overlooking the pool and also suggest getting a lower level room as somet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C-Rad_TwinCities
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and for posting commentary on Trip Advisor.

Appreciate your positive comments about our staff, rooms, pool area and complimentary breakfast. Glad you were able to enjoy our Tiki Bar and our location met your needs for traveling to the attractions.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first two nights of our two week holiday, having stayed here the previous year and been really impressed. Nothing bad to say whatsoever, this place is ideally situated if you are doing the parks or just passing through as we were. The hotel really punches above its weight in terms of quality and general level of service. On arrival I booked a further night, to stay on the last night of our holiday. The reception staff were so accommodating, despite it being memorial weekend. When we arrived for our last night there was a note welcoming us back with a selection of complimentary snacks which I thought was a nice touch. Well worth it's high trip advisor rating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DonnyGrimble
Dear Mr. Grimble,

Thank you for staying with us again on your recent holiday to our area. We truly appreciate your selecting our hotel and taking the time to post commnentary on Trip Advisor.

Glad our staff met your service needs as did our central location to the theme parks.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was a very nice hotel both in and out. It had comfortable, spacious rooms, good breakfast and very good service people. We enjoyed our 2-night stay there and would go again in a heartbeat. The people on the desk were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John M
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Appreciate your positive comments about our staff, rooms and complimentary breakfast.

Best compliment is that you would return to our hotel.

Hope to see you soon.

bradford
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Well as the title says we are here now and one week in to our two week trip and as I made plenty of use of this page before coming I thought I would give my review.

We are a family of 4 me, my husband and my 2 girls (14,12) and booked the package through virgin. We have a room on the 7th floor which seems fairly typical. Looks to be all Americans on other floors? Our room is huge and with two teens who like their privacy it's perfect. The outdoor pool is small compared to other hotels we have stayed at but is ample for an evening swim.

The breakfast buffet is a godsend when trying to budget. The breakfast runs from 7 till 10 am and includes scrambled and boiled eggs, beans, toast, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, waffles (mickey shaped and regular), bagels and some sort of meat, ham, sausage or bacon. These choices are more than enough to get you to lunch. We have bought breakfast at ihop and it cost us $50!!

There were some comments here on the ticket staff being really pushy and I can honestly say that I haven't experienced that at all. We already had all our park tickets before we came so had no need to go to that desk but have walked past then each day and not been accosted once!

The check in staff are courteous perhaps not quite as perky as some attendants in most American places but typical to us Brits!

We haven't used the courtesy bus to the parks as we have a car but we have seen people being picked up and the bus looks adequate and the driver is quite comical!

The location is perfect we are within a 10 min drive of disney, about an extra 10 mins to universal and there are lots of food places on our doorstop and despite the hotel having their own restaurant onsite they don't have any problem with you bringing food from outside in after a long day in the parks!

Overall I have to say we would definitely come here again and would be happy to recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool also look over to a forest so you can leave your curtains open all day wi...
7 Thank qwerty2003
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent vacation from the UK and writing a review to post on Trip Advisor.

Appreciate your positive remarks as regards our rooms, our complimentary breakfast and our central location to the theme parks and nearby restaurants.

Glad you're enjoying our pool area and truly appreciate the fact you would stay with us again and recommend our hotel to others.

Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a wonderful suite complete with multiple stations for charging our electronic devices, a good sized mini-kitchen, comfortable beds ... everything you could ask for in a room. The price was beyond excellent for such quality. Breakfast was hot and changed every day to add a good variety. 24 hour pool and game room was an added bonus. We will definitely stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, book ahead to get a great deal on a superior room.
4 Thank Charlene_Smith42
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and for taking the time to post commentary on Trip Advisor.

Appreciate the positive remarks about our room amenities, bedding and complimentary breakfast. Best compliment was that you would stay with us again!