I took my family for our yearly vacation and we enjoyed our stay.Emerald Island is BEAUTIFUL. The home was comfortable and very clean. There were some challenges though, due to no pool towels were available and very few towels provided for the home. Adding a grill for outdoors would be nice. The contract stated that a charcoal grill was available, but it was the kind that you see in the park. HORRIBLE !!!!! We ended up buying a grill and towels to accommodate my family.Overall," I WOULD CHOOSE THIS LOCATION AGAIN IN THE FUTURE".
Had such a great time with my children and grandchildren. The house was beautiful the kids enjoyed the pool. It was 20 of us in total and we had more then enough space. Everything we needed was only a short drive away. Looking forward to next year 8/2-8/9 2017
Everything was very nice in the house. The rooms were very nice and kid suitable the only problem we had was it was extremely extremely hot downstairs and freezing upstairs. The temperature always stayed at 76-78.
We get to the house on a Monday the screened in porch was ripped. The pool drains at the bottom of the pool where broken someone filled the pool drain with sand and stuffed what looks like a milk carton in the drain. The Second drain was broken with sharp edges sticking out. I think there is a law in the US about pool drains having proper covers? The house was hot so we turned on the AC and per the rental directions we could only set the thermostats at 72 degrees. As the days went on the house began to get hotter and hotter. The upstairs during the days got to 83 and the down stairs got to the 80's. At this point I had notified the owner and maintenance every single day there was something wrong with the AC. To only be told it wasn't working and the owner was going to put a potable unit in on Wednesday for the up stairs. 1 portable AC unit was installed on Wednesday to cool off 6 bedrooms everyone staying up stairs had to sleep with there bedroom doors open. My husband and I slept in the room with the portable AC unit and it was very loud.
On Tuesday we noticed the refrigerator wasn't keeping our groceries cold in the meantime on Monday we noticed the ice Machine wasn't working I had reported this to the owner and maintenance. Ming the maintenance guy told us to get ice and put it in the fridge because the unit is working. Our milk went bad, lunch meat, fresh vegetables, had to be thrown away. We began to use a cooler and bought ice everyday. After emailing the owner about the AC, fridge, pool screen, oven, and dishwasher she sent someone else to the house on Thursday. I was renting the house from Monday to Monday.
We learned from the new maintenance man that for the dishwasher you have to slam the door shut. He didn't check the oven this oven had foil on the Well the coils never turn off so everything we cooked burned. The maintenance guy didn't cook anything so he told us the oven was working. The refrigerator was set to the coldest and he told us with these refrigerators you have to set them between warm and coldest. So he changes the setting and the fridge got a little colder but the ice machine stoped working. The screened in porch got fixed on Thursday.
The A/C never got fixed. We where told the owner was getting new units on Monday so this was something we had to endure during our entire stay. The maintence guy did set the thermostats to 70 the house cooled off on Saturday. By this time family's where so fed up they left Saturday and Sunday. We all where supposed to stay till Monday. We litterally had maintence at that house every single day we stayed there. Now the owner will not refund my money because the fridge and oven there was nothing wrong with them to begin with.
Two kids got sick while staying at that house with fevers. We are not sure if it was viral or from bad food because the fridge wasn't cold enough but it was very uncomfortable in the house because it was above 80's in the house. The owner wants to offer me a few free nights at the house instead of refunding my money.
Three family's saved a lot of money for a fun family vacation. The owner should have made sure everything was working correctly before our arrival perhaps the house is not suited to be rented during peak seasons in the summer time. I would like my money back. The house looks beautiful in pictures but I feel like the description was false advertising. When we arrived the house looked beautiful but it's my opinion the appliances are cheap. You shouldnt have to slam a dish washer shut. You shouldn't have to watch the oven to make sure your food didn't burn. You shouldn't have to change the setting on the fridge to make the ice machine work only to have the fridge it's self not keep your eggs and milk cold. The AC is the biggest you have a 7 bedroom house and your units are not working properly. Your pool drains should have proper covers because a small child could drown by getting sucked or caught on them. I would like my money refunded. Thank you so much I've rented several houses before and never in my life had so much problems like this house.
This home is in beautiful Emerald Island. Very large and comfy with extra family/sitting room upstairs. Extra plus is it has three masters with thee master baths!! Perfect for very large families that want to get away together!! Beautiful comfy home!
My family and I had the pleasure of staying in this home on Christmas vacation. We had a blast and enjoyed the amenities of the home and resort. Very convenient to the parks which we loved. I would definitely stay here again!
7 bedrooms, 3 Living rooms and the garage converted game room is plenty of space! The 5 bathrooms were good although two were jack and Jill which limits privacy between the bedrooms. Everything was really clean and that was a big plus. Plenty of towels, dishes and cookware. The patio area is bigger than it appears in the picture and the pool gate is a plus! The pool is a good size even for a large group and its not too cold.
It was very easy to access the house but be sure to know all license plates upon check in as the resort is a gated community and you need a key card to enter. The staff on the property was polite and helpful.
Its been nearly a week and I haven't received my security deposit back yet so I don't really like that, seems too long. The other reason I gave 5 stars in regards to service is that the price was less than half to stay at the house one week later...seemed really inflated during my stay.
All in all we loved the house and would stay there again!!