All reviews front desk breakfast was excellent pancake machine room was clean spanish springs within walking distance free breakfast family members each morning nice pool cookies short stay business trip staff was very friendly yogurt town square florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff was nice and accommodating. They had a nice suite and was clean and comfortable for a family of six (two parents with four kids) - and it was affordable. We would consider staying there again.

1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This holiday inn has the usual appointments. It is in fairly goodnshape.

Location: right near the villages and close to shopping and dining.
Rooms: the usual holiday in rooms. Fairly quiet and well appointed. Air.unit is as always way too close to the bed.

Cleanliness: finger print makes on bathroom door . Tub needed a deep scrub and most unfortunately the room smelled.of.must and.mildew most likely due to the constant humidity. Turning the ac way cold.helped clear out the smell.

Service: nothing special. Check in was slow. Other customers kept inturuptting the clerk for their own needs and she stopped checking me in each time.to deal with these ride people. Sometimes you need to tell people to.wait in line.like everyone else.

Value: location makes all hotels more expensive I'm this area then they are worth. This is a 80 dollar a night stay at best.

Overallocation: you can foo worse, but it feels over priced for the convienence of the location.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank xipotec
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear xipotec,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at this specific location the weekend of the fourth of July down visiting my parents in the Villages.I reviewed the comments before I stayed at this hotel and still based my decision on behalf of my husband and I and yes the furniture is a little dusty but from what I seen I know the housekeepers work extremely hard as far as the up keep of the rooms. just because there's dust doesn't mean that their lacking in their job performance and as far as the painting go I'm pretty sure that's managements responsibility some people are just un-please able that are always looking for something to complain or make fuss about and that's probably just to get a free room, I'm almost positive the up keep of some of your own homes are not as near as up to part. I understand we are paying good money for our stay and you expect the best but some of the complaints are un real. If it was up to me the housekeepers are the hardest workers and they should receive tips I don't see anything wrong with having envelopes in the rooms because I noticed the tip container in the eating area Its not like the job performance is of one of a waitress or anything. My service was great I had the friendliest lady I really enjoyed my stay and my husband and I will visit again.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I live about an hour away, and have been to this hotel a couple of times this year. It's very clean, friendly, convenient to one of the square in The Villages. Breakfast was great with pancakes and cinnamon rolls! Hotel was kinda hard to find on our first visit since we came directly from the square, which is only 2 blks away, but once we got there, we realized they have an entrance directly from the highway. We might be back come Labor Day!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orlandomagic32857
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our first trip to The Villages and decided to stay at this Holiday Inn due to location. It's located in an ideal area of The Villages. There are numerous restaurants, stores, and a movie theater close by. Also, this hotel is only about 10 minutes from the village of Spanish Springs and their town square where we spent a couple of evenings enjoying the music and beverages. The hotel customer service was excellent. The staff is knowledgeable of the area and always seems ready to offer advise and suggestions. The exterior area of the hotel was very nice, clean and well landscaped. This is an older hotel and the guest rooms could use a little paint and upgrade BUT, the rooms were very clean and quiet. I really liked having a fridge and a microwave in the room. The breakfast area was neat and the attendant was always restocking the food items. The pool area and exercise area were well maintained and convenient.
IWe will stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the backside of the building but the hotel sits off the road a little and I think any room would be fine
2  Thank Kate321053