Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
“THE BEST”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I have been living out of hotels for the past 4 months now, while he is in the police academy. We have been to a minimum of 4 different hotels in different surrounding areas, and this is BY FAR the best hotel we have stayed at. We ended up staying there at least 4-5 different weekends. The staff is so friendly, helpful and really try to make you feel at home. The hotel is clean and very quiet and it has a great breakfast every morning. It is located a walks way to Spanish Springs Towne Square, which has a variety of restaurants and things to entertain yourself. Thanks to Dave for always making us feel welcome!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I usually never write reviews, but this hotel really went above and beyond with every aspect. Their staff was one of a kind, location can't be any better, and best of all...the hot breakfast bar puts that extra touch every morning (personally loved the pancakes & cinnamon rolls).

Was even able to rent a golf car nearby, felt like one of the villagers driving down to the square which is only like 2 blks away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Will D
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel has the worst internet - I would say connection but it doesn't connect)..it doesn't even work in the lobby. When I said anything they didn't care, I even did a follow up survey from Holiday Inn and no one responded.

Please if you are in the area and need he internet for work do not stay here. I have made the mistake of staying here once before and it was the same then...I just remember when I tried to connect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AndyW2
HolidayInnTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear AndyW2,

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the internet connection problems you incurred during your stay with us. Providing great internet access to all of our guests is very important to us here, as you can imagine, over 95% of our guests NEED internet access! That's why we have a top of the line "Nomadix" gateway and also provide 24/7 internet support free of charge to all of our guests. And that toll free number is listed in several places in all of our guest rooms along with on the keycard holder. Once again, I'm sorry if our staff did not inform you about the 24/7 support number.

I would also like to let you know that I checked with our internet service provider and 24/7 support to see if there were any issues reported around the time of your stay, and they confirmed there were no problems on their end. They suggested it could have been a setting issue on your laptop, tablet, or phone. We do not know what happened, but I can assure you that I can personally get you logged on to the internet on your next stay with us! Hope to see you soon.

David L. Murdock
Mississippi
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We always ask for the same room - lots of room on the ground floor. New tv, microwave, and fridge since last stay. Lots of areas to exercise our pet. Walking distance to town square. Rooms are clean. Newspaper each morning. Pool area is small but nice. Free parking. Free Wifi. Laundry facilities on site. Did think it was odd that there was a tip jar at breakfast each morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much jkdaves for taking time to write a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in The Villages! Your comments are always welcome from valued guests like yourself. We look forward to you being our guest again in the near future.

Yours at hospitality,
David L. Murdock
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff was nice and accommodating. They had a nice suite and was clean and comfortable for a family of six (two parents with four kids) - and it was affordable. We would consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil R
Winston Salem
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This holiday inn has the usual appointments. It is in fairly goodnshape.

Location: right near the villages and close to shopping and dining.
Rooms: the usual holiday in rooms. Fairly quiet and well appointed. Air.unit is as always way too close to the bed.

Cleanliness: finger print makes on bathroom door . Tub needed a deep scrub and most unfortunately the room smelled.of.must and.mildew most likely due to the constant humidity. Turning the ac way cold.helped clear out the smell.

Service: nothing special. Check in was slow. Other customers kept inturuptting the clerk for their own needs and she stopped checking me in each time.to deal with these ride people. Sometimes you need to tell people to.wait in line.like everyone else.

Value: location makes all hotels more expensive I'm this area then they are worth. This is a 80 dollar a night stay at best.

Overallocation: you can foo worse, but it feels over priced for the convienence of the location.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank xipotec
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear xipotec,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed at this specific location the weekend of the fourth of July down visiting my parents in the Villages.I reviewed the comments before I stayed at this hotel and still based my decision on behalf of my husband and I and yes the furniture is a little dusty but from what I seen I know the housekeepers work extremely hard as far as the up keep of the rooms. just because there's dust doesn't mean that their lacking in their job performance and as far as the painting go I'm pretty sure that's managements responsibility some people are just un-please able that are always looking for something to complain or make fuss about and that's probably just to get a free room, I'm almost positive the up keep of some of your own homes are not as near as up to part. I understand we are paying good money for our stay and you expect the best but some of the complaints are un real. If it was up to me the housekeepers are the hardest workers and they should receive tips I don't see anything wrong with having envelopes in the rooms because I noticed the tip container in the eating area Its not like the job performance is of one of a waitress or anything. My service was great I had the friendliest lady I really enjoyed my stay and my husband and I will visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 2 in The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages? Share your experiences!