All reviewsfront deskbreakfast was excellentpancake machineroom was cleanspanish springswithin walking distancefree breakfastfamily memberseach morningnice poolcookiesshort staybusiness tripstaff was very friendlyyogurttown squareflorida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I usually never write reviews, but this hotel really went above and beyond with every aspect. Their staff was one of a kind, location can't be any better, and best of all...the hot breakfast bar puts that extra touch every morning (personally loved the pancakes & cinnamon rolls).

Was even able to rent a golf car nearby, felt like one of the villagers driving down to the square which is only like 2 blks away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Will D
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel has the worst internet - I would say connection but it doesn't connect)..it doesn't even work in the lobby. When I said anything they didn't care, I even did a follow up survey from Holiday Inn and no one responded.

Please if you are in the area and need he internet for work do not stay here. I have made the mistake of staying here once before and it was the same then...I just remember when I tried to connect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AndyW2
HolidayInnTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear AndyW2,

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the internet connection problems you incurred during your stay with us. Providing great internet access to all of our guests is very important to us here, as you can imagine, over 95% of our guests NEED internet access! That's why we have a top of the line "Nomadix" gateway and also provide 24/7 internet support free of charge to all of our guests. And that toll free number is listed in several places in all of our guest rooms along with on the keycard holder. Once again, I'm sorry if our staff did not inform you about the 24/7 support number.

I would also like to let you know that I checked with our internet service provider and 24/7 support to see if there were any issues reported around the time of your stay, and they confirmed there were no problems on their end. They suggested it could have been a setting issue on your laptop, tablet, or phone. We do not know what happened, but I can assure you that I can personally get you logged on to the internet on your next stay with us! Hope to see you soon.

David L. Murdock

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We always ask for the same room - lots of room on the ground floor. New tv, microwave, and fridge since last stay. Lots of areas to exercise our pet. Walking distance to town square. Rooms are clean. Newspaper each morning. Pool area is small but nice. Free parking. Free Wifi. Laundry facilities on site. Did think it was odd that there was a tip jar at breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you very much jkdaves for taking time to write a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in The Villages! Your comments are always welcome from valued guests like yourself. We look forward to you being our guest again in the near future.

Yours at hospitality,
David L. Murdock

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff was nice and accommodating. They had a nice suite and was clean and comfortable for a family of six (two parents with four kids) - and it was affordable. We would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This holiday inn has the usual appointments. It is in fairly goodnshape.

Location: right near the villages and close to shopping and dining.
Rooms: the usual holiday in rooms. Fairly quiet and well appointed. Air.unit is as always way too close to the bed.

Cleanliness: finger print makes on bathroom door . Tub needed a deep scrub and most unfortunately the room smelled.of.must and.mildew most likely due to the constant humidity. Turning the ac way cold.helped clear out the smell.

Service: nothing special. Check in was slow. Other customers kept inturuptting the clerk for their own needs and she stopped checking me in each time.to deal with these ride people. Sometimes you need to tell people to.wait in line.like everyone else.

Value: location makes all hotels more expensive I'm this area then they are worth. This is a 80 dollar a night stay at best.

Overallocation: you can foo worse, but it feels over priced for the convienence of the location.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank xipotec
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear xipotec,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B