All reviewsfront deskbreakfast was excellentpancake machineroom was cleanspanish springswithin walking distancefree breakfastfamily memberseach morningnice poolcookiesshort staybusiness tripstaff was very friendlyyogurttown squareflorida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Lovely big bedroom with comfortable king bed.

The room has a microwave, fridge, tea and coffee facilities and free wifi.

Also coffee and tea are available 24 hours in the reception area.

Hot free breakfast too which is a bonus.

Easy to walk into main street and the town square in the Villages.

If you stay and you have time - try to visit Silver Springs Leisure Park and do the glass bottom boat ride - it is wonderful and only approximately 30 minutes away.

You can hire golf buggy's too for approx. $17 a day to drive round the Villages too - great fun.

There is an outside pool that they say is heated but when we visited - 29 November it was too cold to swim in - this was a real shame because it was one of the reasons we reserved.

Free fitness centre and laundry facilities in the hotel too.

Room Tip: Not sure really - we had 207 which overlooked the car park so nice to be able to keep an eye on our car.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I have been living out of hotels for the past 4 months now, while he is in the police academy. We have been to a minimum of 4 different hotels in different surrounding areas, and this is BY FAR the best hotel we have stayed at. We ended up staying there at least 4-5 different weekends. The staff is so friendly, helpful and really try to make you feel at home. The hotel is clean and very quiet and it has a great breakfast every morning. It is located a walks way to Spanish Springs Towne Square, which has a variety of restaurants and things to entertain yourself. Thanks to Dave for always making us feel welcome!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I usually never write reviews, but this hotel really went above and beyond with every aspect. Their staff was one of a kind, location can't be any better, and best of all...the hot breakfast bar puts that extra touch every morning (personally loved the pancakes & cinnamon rolls).

Was even able to rent a golf car nearby, felt like one of the villagers driving down to the square which is only like 2 blks away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Will D
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel has the worst internet - I would say connection but it doesn't connect)..it doesn't even work in the lobby. When I said anything they didn't care, I even did a follow up survey from Holiday Inn and no one responded.

Please if you are in the area and need he internet for work do not stay here. I have made the mistake of staying here once before and it was the same then...I just remember when I tried to connect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AndyW2
HolidayInnTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear AndyW2,

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the internet connection problems you incurred during your stay with us. Providing great internet access to all of our guests is very important to us here, as you can imagine, over 95% of our guests NEED internet access! That's why we have a top of the line "Nomadix" gateway and also provide 24/7 internet support free of charge to all of our guests. And that toll free number is listed in several places in all of our guest rooms along with on the keycard holder. Once again, I'm sorry if our staff did not inform you about the 24/7 support number.

I would also like to let you know that I checked with our internet service provider and 24/7 support to see if there were any issues reported around the time of your stay, and they confirmed there were no problems on their end. They suggested it could have been a setting issue on your laptop, tablet, or phone. We do not know what happened, but I can assure you that I can personally get you logged on to the internet on your next stay with us! Hope to see you soon.

David L. Murdock

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We always ask for the same room - lots of room on the ground floor. New tv, microwave, and fridge since last stay. Lots of areas to exercise our pet. Walking distance to town square. Rooms are clean. Newspaper each morning. Pool area is small but nice. Free parking. Free Wifi. Laundry facilities on site. Did think it was odd that there was a tip jar at breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you very much jkdaves for taking time to write a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in The Villages! Your comments are always welcome from valued guests like yourself. We look forward to you being our guest again in the near future.

Yours at hospitality,