All reviewsfront deskbreakfast was excellentpancake machineroom was cleanspanish springswithin walking distancefree breakfastfamily memberseach morningnice poolcookiesshort staybusiness tripstaff was very friendlyyogurttown squareflorida
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I called to make a reservation to see what kind of rate I would get (after calling another Holiday Inn Express). For a week stay the lady told me the best she could do $86 plus tax. I decided to go online instead which was only $81/ night plus tax. SO, once I told her that, "O, I can do that. Yep, I will do that" SO, check out the rates online before. I called the one in Silver Springs Ocala, and they truly do give you an extended rate compared to the internet price. I believe the internet was around 95 or so, I was able to bring it down to average $80/ night- big difference.

The lady was very monotone, and not overly friendly, but did answer my questions professionally.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here while looking at property in the villages. The location was convenient, room was ample for the two of us; staff was friendly and helpful. ' Business center' consists of a lone, older computer but it did the job including printing. Outdoor pool was lovely but some umbrellas would have been nice for shade. Free in-room internet worked well. Breakfast was typical for the genre (free buffet); nothing special but adequate and enough variety. Beds were very comfy but I didn't like the pillows Coffee was good. Rooms were clean; ours was quiet. The manager was especially helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank littleismuch5
Reviewed 30 April 2014

So impressed by my recent stay. Nice comforter and extra blankets in the room, great lighting with extra receptacles for all our charges conveniently located on the lamp bases; read someone's review about breakfast which definitely did not match mine. Breakfast was hot & piping all 3 mornings no matter what time I enjoyed it. The staff who managed that area was super personable and extremely good at what she did. Inside and out they did their best to keep up after sloppy guests - amazed to see the hotel manager in the early evening actually out sweeping up cigarette butts in front. How many managers do that? Doing what it takes - that impresses. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator - never heard it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 12 March 2014

disappointed by the size of the room for money. also breakfast was cold the 2 mornings we were there.friendly staff. don t know if we would choice this hotel again.great location.pet friendly.good choice of restaurents in the area

Room Tip: there was just the 2 adults w 2 double beds 1st floor and it was small.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed a few days while looking to buy a home in The Villages. Within walking distance of Spanish Springs town square it is in a quiet shaded location. Complimentary continental breakfast was appreciated and well stocked every day. Very tiny kidney shaped pool. Being from the north we were the only guests to use it. Balconies of nearby condos overlooked the pool area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Sheila H,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. It is lovely to hear you found our hotel clean and convenient. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D