“A Great Refuge”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
The Villages, Florida
“A Great Refuge”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I are residents of the greatest place on Earth - The Villages. Well, our central air conditioner stopped working all of a sudden about 8 pm and it was too late to call a repairman. We quickly made on-line reservations at the Town Place Suites for the night, printed off a Friends & Family certificate from my nephew who is a Marriott employee, and drove 10 minutes to the hotel.

It was a quck check-in, received free Ben & Jerry's ice cream and sodas for being Platinium Reward members, and went to the room. The room was wonderfully air conditioned, had a small cooking area and microwave, and a wonderful lake view.

The bed was very comfortable and clean, the bathroom had all the necessary things including green tea shampoo, soap, and conditioner. Plenty of hot water in the morning for showers.

Breakfast was included and I really liked the waffles you make yourself. Very good coffee, too.

Would I go back? If circumstances were that I needed it - YES. Hopefully, the A/C will be fixed at home today. I give the Town Place Suites in The Villages 5 stars and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your review and loyalty! We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations and appreciate the recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed overnight while traveling with my elderly mom. Very novel setting a block away from town center, where live entertainment with talent from Orlando performs every night. As this is a retirement community, the entertainment shuts down at 9pm.

The room and accommodations were fine. The free breakfast was nice, too. I would stay here again if I were passing through the area again.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you taking the time to leave us a review. We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were pleased with our amenities and location. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My coworkers and I stayed here while doing some work in the area. Not only was it the nicest but also gave us the best discount for business travel. The place was clean well maintained and the staff was very friendly. I mention the staff because when we arrived we thought we might get kicked out. See, the work we do is often dirty and we arrived after a long day, muddy, stinky and certainly not up to the pristine conditions we saw in the lobby. The woman at the front desk never batted eye and welcomed us regardless of the condition of our attire. The rooms are equiped with microwave, stove, dishwasher, full size fridge and oven. Perfect for those traveling with kids or if you are like me and have a food allergy requiring cooking of your own meals. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept soundly. Never saw signs of a dirty room or bed bugs as in the previous reviews so hopefully that is not the norm for this hotel. The breakfast was adequate and even though I have a food allergy I was able to find items I could eat. I also want to mention that it is within walking distance to so many restaurants and shops. Even though we were tired after a long hard day we just couldn't resist going for a walk around the square and perusing the many vendors that had set up shop for the evening market.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank grinn75
Thank you for your review. We’re delighted to hear that our accommodations were able to meet your needs and that you enjoyed so many things about our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our staff which we will certainly pass along. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in The Villages.
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2011

When we first entered the room it excited us. It seemed cute and had a little enamel white stove. We were on a trip to show "The Villages" to my mother in law who is from NY. As I relaxed across the bed I felt pilling on the sheets. It didn't bother me that much but it seemed to have a water stain. On closer inspection this was a large threadbare area. I wondered how a housekeeper could make the bed it was so obvious. We asked for new sheets and began to make the bed ourselves. The bedsack underneath was stained with yellow urine and was so disgusting. (Should have taken a picture- you would all run for the hills!). Anyway that's what we did-- there is another hotel in town and it was wonderful. The front desk here was also intimidating on arrival. Go elsewhere. i am a Marriott member- this is not a place the company would be proud of.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank irishtammy
Thank you taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay and we will certainly pass your comments on to our management team. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
California
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Our family gathers in The Villages every other year for Thanksgiving. This was a great place to relax and get some downtime from the relatives. The rooms are spacious and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly. The pool was great and well maintained. Plenty of parking and free continental breakfast. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and loyalty. We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations and hope to see you back the next time you are in The Villages!
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2010

A handful of colleagues stayed one night. One person mentioned finding blood stains on the sheets and had to have the linens changed. I stayed the second night. When I woke the next morning, both of my sides were covered with bites, and the person who found blood stains was covered with bites on his back. Bed Bugs!! - will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank floridafish54
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us in September 2010. We are extremely proactive in the prevention of bedbugs. Both our Housekeeping and Engineering staff are trained to detect the signs of possible bedbug activity. We follow the most rigorous industry standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our guest rooms.

We do not hesitate to investigate any possible sign there may be of a bed bug infestation. When we do suspect there may be any bed bug activity, we call in an independently operated pest control company, Terminix. If the room is found to have an infestation upon their inspection, we immediately take the room out of order and quarantine all adjacent rooms so they can also be inspected for any bed bug activity. Any infected room is treated until the issue is resolved and the room is given a bed bug free certification from Terminix. While this can be a costly process for the hotel, we spare no expense when it comes to the comfort and safety of our guests.

After your stay with us in September 2010, we immediately had Terminix come to the hotel and conduct a thorough inspection of the room you occupied. Terminix found no signs of any bed bug activity in your room.

I am very sorry that your experience with us was anything less than exceptional. I do hope that you will try our hotel again during your next visit to our area.
Blackpool. Lancashire
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Not the easiest of hotels to find as it is situated in one of the ‘Villages’ The room was excellent and had a full kitchen. It looks a pretty new building so the facilities were very good. Reception staff were helpful and friendly.
A stroll into the village square proved entertaining. The centre of the square was given up to live entertainment in the form of ‘line dancing’ This is a golfing community and therefore the streets were lined with golf carts. Everyone seemed very friendly. The village was very European in design and 'feel'

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff friendly. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you visit The Villages!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lady Lake
Comfort Suites The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to TownePlace Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!