“Everything you want”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lake Alfred is so fortunate to have Luigi's. A first class place yet with "familia' ambience. Their location is trumped by the improvements they have made to produce three separate indoor/outdoor dining areas. LOVE that charming patio. The menu is extensive, but there is a definite hands in by knowledgeable folks with lots of experience in cuisine. The wait staff is easy on the eyes (go there for lunch, ladies) and very crisply dressed and professional. With regard to prices, you get what you pay for, they are within range of the average budget. Just go for appetizers and a drink, coffee and dessert, lunch; but do go. I recommend the Pasta Al Nonna.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Mixed emotions accompanied a friend from Saskatchewan and I when pulling into the parking lot off a busy divided US highways 17/92. Luigi’s is nestled amongst empty buildings, a trailer parking/staging area, and a dubious convenience store. This first impression, unfortunately, reduced my rating. My misgivings about the roadside café impression eased as we walked through bright bougainvillea colors and six outdoor tables nestled between buildings, forming a quiet patio. Burgundy tablecloths adorn tables, inside and out, and it appears a professional chose color scenes, a nicely appointed ambiance. There are 23 tables inside separated by wide-arched walls.

As with all restaurants in America, wine is excessively priced ($5.95/glass, $20–$35/bottle), and there’s one with an unpronounceable name, at $120. Most pasta dishes are $13.95 (manicotti, baked ravioli, fettuccini Alfredo—which seems to be a favorite in Lake Alfred), and seafood strains the budget: Shrimp Fra Diavolo ($19.95, the common price for all shrimp dishes), and salmon and calamari meals are $20.95. Given the location, and that the bulk of most meals is inexpensive pasta, meals are pricey. My friend, Brian, and I chose the reasonably priced menu special for $40. Select from lasagna, fettuccine Alfredo (our choice, being in Lake Alfred), manicotti, or Rigatoni Arrabiata. The special doesn’t include a side dish or salad, but chicken can be added for $3 per person, and veal and shrimp are a bit more. This $40 meal for two includes a bottle of house wine. I was prepared for vile fermentation that didn’t deserve the name wine, and was pleasantly surprised with the smoothness of a Merlot that bore the name Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, from the Impero collection.

Joni Canova performs on the second and fourth Tuesday each month, singing Oldie Goldies. (For us “better-every-year” folks, Oldie Moldies.) Joni’s backup is recorded music set at volume much too high for the small area, and detracts from her talented voice. Luigi’s is located at 2285 Lakeshore Way, Lake Alfred 33850 (863/956-9100).

4  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have enjoyed dining at Luigi's every year for the past 5 years while wintering in Florida. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the food is wonderful at reasonable prices. The nice thing is this is not the usual chain restaurant that seem to overwhelm Florida. The crab stuffed Salmon with a side of vegetables was moist, tasty and piping hot when it arrived. In fact, all meals were on time, hot and as ordered. This restaurant is good for family, friends or just a quiet couples evening. We prefer to get a table in the back room as the front dining area can be a little hectic and noisy. It is a definite stop if your are in the Haines City, Winter Haven or Lakeland areas.

1  Thank Doug H
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family lives in Florida and I have searched for over thirty years to find a good authentic Italian Restaurant here. Well I have finally found one. Luigi's is comparable to any fine Italian restaurant in NYC. All I can say is go and try it. You won't be disappointed. I'll definitely be back to Luigi's on my next visit to Florida. I had the Big Ron's pasta, which consisted of sausage and garlic over penne pasta served with a marina sauce. My brother had linguine with clam sauce and said it was the best he's ever had.

2  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I read about this place on here so my family and I decided to give it a go. The location is definitely not tourist orientated but don't let that put you off as this is the best Italian I have had in Florida after visiting the area annually for 10 years.

The service is amazing, the menu is brilliant, in fact too brilliant, there were too many things that I loved the look of. In the end I chose the veal with peppers, onions and mushrooms in a red sauce with the vegetables. Simply divine. There are not enough superlatives for this place.

I will definitely recommend to anyone who will give me the time to do so.

1  Thank GraemeBurton