“Best Seafood within a1/2 mile on I 75!!”

Cedar River Seafood
Ranked #19 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best Seafood within a1/2 mile on I 75!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Great seafood an the prices are the best I have been eating here for 13 years. I always plan my trip around this stop. Great service this has to be a local secret because there is no advertisement up or down I 75. Alway a good crowd and not a long wait.

Visited April 2014

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Yummy !”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great food! Would have been perfect if they turned down the AC and the lights. Don't be discouraged by scary front doors.

San Jose, CA
“You won't leave hungry”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

When we arrived the place was uncomfortably cold for us. We commented on it, and they happily turned down the a/c. We ordered the senior seafood platter for two. It was a lot of food. It was tasty, though we thought it was not quite hot enough. We had ordered the selections broiled. In retrospect, we should probably have ordered them fried. Anyway, it is a fairly plain restaurant with good food, and plenty of it, at an economical price and with good service. I hadn't had stewed okra since I was a boy. They prepared it very well. Good memories.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank dunitall
Lake City, Florida
“Good dinner!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had the appetizer portion of Coconut Shrimp and there were 10 large shrimp with an excellent homemade tropical dipping sauce - it was wonderful. My 3 friends all had the shrimp/flounder special that they had grilled or blackened. Everyone enjoyed their meal!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ellieshell
Fort Myers, Florida
“More seafood than you can eat!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

When we travel, we really try not to eat at chains. You think it would be the opposite, but we like to try the local fare. However, we got off I-75 at exit 427 because there were so many chains, figuring if all else fails, we would have a back up.

Drove just a little ways & found Cedar River. Walked in & were greeted & seated right away. Our waiter, TJ, was friendly & knowledgable about the food. Hubby had the stuffed snapper & I had the special, flounder & shrimp.

Huge glasses of iced tea & a fish spread came right out. We had also gotten the onion petals which can easily feed 4! The petals were crispy, hot, & not greasy. A spicy sauce was served on the side.

Entrees came soon after & wow! What a load of food! The snapper was two fillets with a crab/shrimp stuffing that my husband said was excellent!

I was expecting 1, maybe 2 fillets of flounder but I had at least 4 and at least a half a dozen shrimp! Perfectly & lightly fried!

My sides were collard greens (yes, I'm a southern girl), cole slaw, & hush puppies. The sides were more than ample; cole slaw was just right, not overly sweet or vinegary & finely chopped but not so small it was mushy. The greens were great & all collard greens. Some places have lots of meat in their greens which is necessary for seasoning, but I'm not fond of having the meat in my greens. Needless to say, they were great.

Hubby also had slaw & fries-he's not southern! I noticed they also offered grits, sweet potato soufflé, & stewed okra & tomatoes among other offerings. Enough choices that would make a good vegetable plate!

Well, we took home enough left overs to make lunch for us tomorrow!

I wish Cedar River was closer to our hometown, but they're not. I do think we'll try to time our future travels to stop there for lunch or dinner. Our dinner was great!

• Visited March 2014