“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mike's Cafe & Grille - CLOSED

Mike's Cafe & Grille
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual fine dining everyone's welcome!
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are in the area, you should definitely visit this place.
The atmosphere was great and relaxing, you feel rather as you are visiting friends than a place of business. We were greeted by the owner and felt so welcome, that our group went there three times during our two and half day trip.
They have two spacious, tastefully decorated dining areas and a private room, but you are not pressured to dress up. The menu is not too expansive, but the food appears to be freshly cooked and nicely presented. Everyone in our group of picky eaters enjoyed their meals.
Prices were very reasonable and we loved the-bring your own bottle policy - more funds to spent on trying different appetizers and desserts.
Explore the deserts counter – most of the them are freshly made at the restaurant and not defrosted Sysco/Restaurant Depot options.
We made reservations for deserts only one time, and freshly made crem-brulee was waiting for us! What a nice touch!
Have an open mind when ordering, listen what they have to offer as specials – we discovered amazing chicken soup that most of our group members are still craving for.
I truly enjoyed a good cup of cappuccino.
We are definitely planning to visit this place again when we are in the area and heavily recommend it to all our traveler friends.
"Service was little bit slow?" Who cares! This is not a factory diner and no one was rushing us to leave! Have a glass of wine, relax, and enjoy life.
If you live in Lake City, you should consider yourself lucky to have this restaurant available at all times.
P.S. We are planning to visit Mike's again soon!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Irisha-FL

Lake City, Florida
“Best in town hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Mike's is the best combination of great food and great service. Normally I can get in and out in 40 minutes. The atmosphere is nice too. If you cannot eat there every day don't try the tropical tea. It's highly addictive.

• Visited July 2014
Fleming island
“Unbelievable!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to Lake City for the past 9 years and did not know about this place and I am so upset that I have been missing out on such great food for that long. I get tired of the same old chain restaurants so I checked Trip Advisor and Mike's was #1 so I tried it for lunch today. The food was amazing! I had the chicken slad sandwich with tomato soup and it was great all home made from scratch. Customer service was great and a very nice man working there talked to me quite a bit and gave me free samples of the homemade Mac n cheese and the #1 seller siracha chicken and they were absolutely amazing. This place will be my #1 spot from now on every time I come to Lake City.

1 Thank Teharry
“Fancy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place, while very nicely hidden, is very fancy, yet not crowded at all. The prices are also very good too. The food is good too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Old VIRGINIA
“Memorial Day 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We missed a great experience! We were there, you were closed in celebration of Memorial Day.

I will keep you on my radar for the next time we pass through your town!

• Visited May 2014