“Fresh ingredients.”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Great atmosphere. Great people. All food prepared fresh daily. Cooked to order however you desire. Big portions
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Home made tasty taco shells with FRESH ingredients. Salsa was delightful on the lightly breaded fish tacos. Wonderful staff

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I love this place. Fun and delicious. We had the blacken fish sandwich, yummm. And the "sinker" I think it was called. A breaded beef sandwich, which was equally delicious the next day. Mango salsa- so fresh. Wings - a specialty were great. We bought 2 desserts to take home, keylime pie in an individual shell and a boston cream pie type cake with butterfinger chips. I would order both again any time. The cake was so moist. They do catering and take out. So, I'm going to order 6 portions of the key lime pie for my BBQ diiner when my family comes to visit. The staff was nice and friendly. Everyone semed to enjoy working there. Great place. Only wish they had weekend hours.

1  Thank Gina296
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is my first time ever to write a review about a restaurant. I've lived in Lake City just over a month, and I've tried a bunch of restaurants to get a true taste for what it had to offer. I had to share my fantastic experience at the Blue Roof Grill. The owner and chef Betty clearly has a great passion for food. Passion is great, but her cooking skill is what's so impressive. As other reviews have stated, this place looks like a hole in the wall right off the highway, but the food and attitude of all the employees is truly top notch. When I've gone to the Blue Roof, Betty is always experimenting with something, and always trying new things. The first time I went there was the first day she tried her breakfast casserole brunch meal with applewood bacon and fresh canteloupe. I'm ashamed to say her breakfast casserole was better than my mother's, and nobody's breakfast casserole is better than my mother's. The casserole was sooo good, then add perfectly cooked applewood bacon and fresh canteloupe. Fantastic! The portions there are huge, and her soups are the best. The loaded potato soup with bacon(Betty loves bacon, as do I) and New England Clam Chowder are the best I've ever had. I'm usually not a huge fan of New England Chowder, but Betty insisted I try it, and it was so good that I was actually sad when it was gone. The folks there always encourage you to try some of their new food, or maybe something you haven't tried there before, and usually they'll bring you a sample at no cost. Their obvious goal is for you to truly enjoy the food and experience and for you to want to come back. I plan to be there every week since I have definitely found the best overall restaurant in Lake City. Shannon and all the people there are so nice and welcoming. It's a fun experience, great people, and unbelievable food.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is some of the best food I have ever eaten. It looks like a little hole in the wall, but looks can be deceiving. The mango salsa is fantastic and they top it with their homemade chips. The fried pickles were tasty. The chicken salad sandwich was delicious. My husband loved the fish tacos. Everything was fantastic.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere. The homemade soup is great, the wings are huge with great sauces to boot. Chicken fingers are amazing, I've pretty much ran out adjectives to use, but I'm a big fella and I like to eat and I've eaten here several times and the food is always great. The staff is very personable and engaging and always more than willing to make sure your experience is a good one. Also forgot about the sandwiches on homemade bread, the bread is amazing!