“Very Nice hotel!”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped (without a reservation) at this Hotel right off of I-75. The King bed was very comfortable and the room was very large and exquisitely furnished. We had a 40" LG flat screen and a nice bathroom with all of the amenities. Would definitely stop there again, even though it's only 100 miles from our home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Quality Inn!! We would be more than happy to be your home away from home. Thanks again for sharing your review.
Please come back and see us!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn of Lake City

Reviewed 30 October 2013

As "Snowbirds" heading down to our final destination in Florida, we like to take advantage of any motel/hotel offers to decrease our costs and so we stopped at the Florida Visitors Center for a gulp of orange juice and a coupon book for discount prices. We clearly understand that these discounts are not valid on weekends or special event days; but, the Quality Inn Receptionist said that they didn't have to honor their own coupon if they had a "certain level of occupancy"-meaning when they thought that there might be enough customers coming without coupons. It feels like fraud to these seasoned travelers. We are spending the night at the very hospitable, coupon acknowledging, Days Inn a few doors down and they have an arrangement with several local (national chains) restaurants for a 10 % discount on the meal. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Go to the Days Inn down the road!
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank we1966travel

Hello,
I am glad you shared your thoughts with us.Thank you for taking the time to look us up in the travel coupon book and stop in. I am sorry we were unable to take your coupon the night of your arrival. The coupon is based upon availability and sometimes we do sell out of this coupon special on busy nights. I hope you can try us again the future and we can honor this coupon special.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on way from Mississipi to Orlando. Friendly check in. Hotel has been under the Jamieson brand until last December and it was obvious that improvements were in hand. New carpet - very nice but strong smell in the bedroom. New bedding very nice but I was unsettled to discover one on the sheets with a stain but they did look clean apart from that one mark. Hotel very clean but very worn. Breakfast adequate. First stay with Quality Inn as usually with Comfort Inn so maybe being unfairly critical.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Hello,

I am glad to hear you stayed with us here at Quality Inn, Thank you for sharing your review.
I am sorry to hear you had mixed reviews. we always want our guest to have a great experience with us. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms so please come see us again in the near future to see the new changes!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at many other places in the area every year for this dog show. This hotel is by far the best of them, Very clean, quiet, neat. Rooms a little small but big enough. Comfortable bed. Lots of places to eat in area and only 5 mins from show site. And best of all had my favorite breakfast.
Gravy and muffins. We stay here when next shows are in town

Room Tip: Very good beds and very clean,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your reviews with us. It was with great pleasure I read your response to your stay at the Quality Inn Lake City. I am happy to hear you were pleased with your hotel accommodation needs. Please visit us again in the near future!

GM

Reviewed 22 September 2013

First let me say that Jacqueline on the front desk was the first clerk in over three years to recognize me as a Gold Elite member. The hotel was very nice and looked remodeled. We happen to, jokingly, mention to the Manager that the last folks that occupied the room must have had the window open as we shared our room with some "love bugs" and she discounted our stay - - despite our objections. Pool was nice and well maintained. Beds were comfy and our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

We were delighted to read your comments on your stay with us! Its a pleasure hearing you enjoyed your accommodations here at Quality Inns. It is our goal to ensure we are meeting your hotel needs! Please come back and see us!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Got a great deal on Hotwire. WAY less than some of the other hotels in the area. Great location -- safe with lots of restaurants and amenities in the area. Staff was polite and efficient. The room was a little "damp" feeling, and the carpet seemed to be a little loose in areas. There was also an unplugged de-humidifier in the room, which I found strange. The internet, TV, water pressure and fridge were all great. The tub is a little weird and looked dirty, but I don't think it was -- looks like they just need to be replaced. Breakfast was inedible for us, though, as we don't eat any sugar or refined carbohydrates and the hardboiled eggs in plastic were unappetizing. Luckily Cracker Barrel is right across the street for some eggs and bacon. All in all, we were totally satisfied with the experience for the price we paid, and, in fact, we stayed twice in one week -- once on the way to Miami from Nashville, and once on the way back. I can also confirm, since I stayed in 2 separate rooms...bed bug free!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is all non-smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at Quality Inn. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better serve you our guest! I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I can assure you we are working to make improvements. I am happy to report that we have installed all new carpeting and bedding. Please come back and give us another chance at making your stay with us a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious and overall a great value. Location was perfect for my needs. Comforter was as thin as the sheet. Pillows were comfortable but small (about 6 inches ). The only hot breakfast item was very cold..sausage and gravy. The hotel is pet friendly but pets should not be allowed near the breakfast area as not all guest are pet friendly. The animal friendly guest had their huge animal at the entrance of the continental breakfast area. The guest after touching the animal in its mouth and body fur repeatedly touched the items on the breakfast area. All the handles, the cup for the waffles, etc. Also, the guest service person was standing at the desk and saw me attempting to walk into the breakfast area where a dog blocked my entrance and saw the owner was reluctant to move the animal and said nothing. Instead simply looked at me like I was the problem. I think I need to go to a higher rated hotel.. this is just disgusting. Poor selection of cable television choices. Wireless Internet was quite speedy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Monica M
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your views on your stay with us. I appreciate your feed back. I am sorry that we failed to meet your hotel needs. We have a strict policy that pets are not allowed in our breakfast area and have only certain rooms for pets. I'm sorry to hear this policy was not followed. Please come back to see us as I will work on these issues that they do not occur again. We are also doing some exciting renovations that in include new carpet and bedding to better serve you our guest!