“Improved since last visit!”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We are happy to see that there have been many improvements since our last visit in Jan 2013.
There are now curved shower curtain bars and longer shower curtains that keep the water in the tub. There were new shower heads. There are better choices at Breakfast now. There was yogurt and hard boiled eggs along with the typical foods.However, breakfast area was not very clean and coffee was empty. Table was sticky. The bed was comfortable. We were in a dog friendly room. There was a charge for pets. It said $15. on-line I was told $20. when I checked in. The check-in person gave me the $15. without any comment. Update your website(corporate)! I also didn't know that there was a weight limit for pets of 20 pounds. Our puppy is 40# so I guess we won't be staying at Quality in the future when traveling with her. I am grateful we didn't get turned away because I don't know what we would have done. I took MOlly out the side door a few times to walk her but couldn't get back in that door and had to come in through the lobby. Lock broken?
The person who checked me in also gave me 2 old towels to use for wet Molly feet. Overall the service was excellent. Housekeeping was very friendly. Would stay her again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello,

I am glad to see you are enjoying our new upgrades at the Quality Inn, We continue to improve our guest experience and ensure that we meet our guest needs. Thank you for the kind words we appreciate them. I also want to apologize for our site not being updated. I will take care of this issue. We can always find ways to improve our guest stay.
Please come back and see us!

Jenile Mcgee

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We want to tell everyone about our great stay at this location. The staff were friendly, the room was good, the bed was very comfortable, clean nicely furnished and with a very good free breakfast. We had stayed at 2 other Choice hotels travelling down so this was even better..FREE. thankyou so much we are very pleased with the Choice Hotels program. Definitely staying on our way home.Thanks

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings,

Thank you so much for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Quality Inn. I am please to share this with my staff. We strive to make every guest stay an enjoyable one. Please visit again soon!

Jenile McGee

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped (without a reservation) at this Hotel right off of I-75. The King bed was very comfortable and the room was very large and exquisitely furnished. We had a 40" LG flat screen and a nice bathroom with all of the amenities. Would definitely stop there again, even though it's only 100 miles from our home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Quality Inn!! We would be more than happy to be your home away from home. Thanks again for sharing your review.
Please come back and see us!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

As "Snowbirds" heading down to our final destination in Florida, we like to take advantage of any motel/hotel offers to decrease our costs and so we stopped at the Florida Visitors Center for a gulp of orange juice and a coupon book for discount prices. We clearly understand that these discounts are not valid on weekends or special event days; but, the Quality Inn Receptionist said that they didn't have to honor their own coupon if they had a "certain level of occupancy"-meaning when they thought that there might be enough customers coming without coupons. It feels like fraud to these seasoned travelers. We are spending the night at the very hospitable, coupon acknowledging, Days Inn a few doors down and they have an arrangement with several local (national chains) restaurants for a 10 % discount on the meal. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Go to the Days Inn down the road!
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank we1966travel

Hello,
I am glad you shared your thoughts with us.Thank you for taking the time to look us up in the travel coupon book and stop in. I am sorry we were unable to take your coupon the night of your arrival. The coupon is based upon availability and sometimes we do sell out of this coupon special on busy nights. I hope you can try us again the future and we can honor this coupon special.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on way from Mississipi to Orlando. Friendly check in. Hotel has been under the Jamieson brand until last December and it was obvious that improvements were in hand. New carpet - very nice but strong smell in the bedroom. New bedding very nice but I was unsettled to discover one on the sheets with a stain but they did look clean apart from that one mark. Hotel very clean but very worn. Breakfast adequate. First stay with Quality Inn as usually with Comfort Inn so maybe being unfairly critical.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Hello,

I am glad to hear you stayed with us here at Quality Inn, Thank you for sharing your review.
I am sorry to hear you had mixed reviews. we always want our guest to have a great experience with us. We are in the process of upgrading the rooms so please come see us again in the near future to see the new changes!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at many other places in the area every year for this dog show. This hotel is by far the best of them, Very clean, quiet, neat. Rooms a little small but big enough. Comfortable bed. Lots of places to eat in area and only 5 mins from show site. And best of all had my favorite breakfast.
Gravy and muffins. We stay here when next shows are in town

Room Tip: Very good beds and very clean,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your reviews with us. It was with great pleasure I read your response to your stay at the Quality Inn Lake City. I am happy to hear you were pleased with your hotel accommodation needs. Please visit us again in the near future!

Jenile
GM

Reviewed 22 September 2013

First let me say that Jacqueline on the front desk was the first clerk in over three years to recognize me as a Gold Elite member. The hotel was very nice and looked remodeled. We happen to, jokingly, mention to the Manager that the last folks that occupied the room must have had the window open as we shared our room with some "love bugs" and she discounted our stay - - despite our objections. Pool was nice and well maintained. Beds were comfy and our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

We were delighted to read your comments on your stay with us! Its a pleasure hearing you enjoyed your accommodations here at Quality Inns. It is our goal to ensure we are meeting your hotel needs! Please come back and see us!

Jenile